Author Topic: Anybody got any new recipes  (Read 5453 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Re: Anybody got any new recipes
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2017, 06:19:08 PM »
I need a good Venison Marinade recipe, anyone got one?  Kids outhunted me again this yr....Daughter got a 4pntr....Son got an 8  (Dad got  1.Cold 2.Wet 3.tired 4.exhausted 5. chided mercilessly by 2 smartazz kids) 

Needless to say, id like to find a good marinade for some of the steaks. Ive always grilled or cooked them O'Natural...but want to try something different

We love Allegro marinade, it both tenderizes the meat and gives it a rich, smokey flavor - makes wild duck taste like filet mignons. We typically chicken fry our deer steak and grill our elk steak, substitute elk burger for everything you'd use beef burger for - 10 times better.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2017, 08:01:52 PM »
Thumbs up on the Allegro! They have various flavors too.

http://www.allegromarinade.com/products

I've used the Original, Teriyaki and Hickory Smoke. All worked very well.

I see they have a Game Tame...never tried that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2017, 02:45:54 PM »
Thanks guys, ill give it a whirl. Im very fortunate, the deer we harvest are in an area where their main food source is corn and soybeans so they have 0 gamey taste. Just the classic venison taste.

I just got the last hind quarter back that I had my butcher make into ""dried Venison" (think cream dried beef, but its venison) I can literally eat the stuff till it runs out my ears. I now have 15lbs of the stuff  :D

I did some tenderloins in a Napoleon style  the weekend.

Grill the venison tenderloins until between Rare and Med Rare. Season with Coarse Sea Salt and fresh ground Pepper only
On a plate put down Garlic mashed potatoes  (potatoes, butter, cream and garlic)
Place the grilled venison tenderloins on the mashed pots
Place a 1/4 "thick slice of real Mozzarella cheese on top (cold. its not to melt on it)
Place a grilled tomato slice on top of that
Drizzle with a balsamic vinegar reduction

God it was amazing  :D  I could live without beef if I could have venison all the time.

Im thinking of taking some of the burger and making smoked and dried venison Landjaegers   :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2017, 03:35:40 PM »
Oh my gawd

ferkin DROOO000LL
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."