Author Topic: DevilDogGamer's YouTube Channel  (Read 3276 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
DevilDogGamer's YouTube Channel
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:33:15 PM »
DevilDogGamer has made some YouTube videos of bomber missions he and his buddies have flown recently.  Although they appear to be pretty new to the game, these guys are having a very good time.  The comments on the video seem generally positive.   Good to see a gamer who plays DCS and Arma3 can have a lot of fun with his buddies in AH.

https://youtu.be/Wqp_e9ve904

https://youtu.be/t_EaJp69L1U

This kind of exposure is very good for Aces High, I think.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: DevilDogGamer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »
The day after that video went up there was at least 50 new players in the MA. It was nice seeing new names and some good old fashion furballs.  :aok

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 03:45:52 PM »
Yeah it's definitely good, I was around the first day they played... flew cover for his and Onnerby's Lancasters in a 152. Somebody in their Twitch chat asked me why I didn't bugger off and go after the fighters, I told them it was more important to me to see them have an enjoyable first experience than getting the kills.  :aok

I tried getting Devildog into fighters a bit.. but it's not his cup of tea, he much prefers the GV and bomber game. Unfortunately I don't expect to see them around a few months from now, but who knows.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 04:19:53 PM »
I feel like most start with the bombers. Once they get the hang of the controls and stuff than they move to fighters.
See Rule #4

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 11:01:35 PM »
Been trying to contact him. wont happen Im sure but Im trying to get em into more and thus draw more into here.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 11:06:20 PM »
There have been some pretty fun and long-lasting fights in the MA lately as well, very excellent.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 11:44:39 PM »
Get him into one of ET's missions.  That should help. :aok  Just make sure that they go for town. :D  That's were the juicy is. :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 06:03:19 AM »
The day after that video went up there was at least 50 new players in the MA. It was nice seeing new names and some good old fashion furballs.  :aok

did HT pay him or did he do it off his own back??    :headscratch: 

either way this whole youtuber celebrity thing is how to get down with the kids.   Shame he didn't have a decent sound pack or graphics turned up.   

Some even sit and watch OTHER people play video games rather than play themself.  To me that is just weird but I can think of one guy that would pay $$$ just to watch me fly 24/7  :D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:33:49 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 06:32:31 AM »
Yeah it's definitely good, I was around the first day they played... flew cover for his and Onnerby's Lancasters in a 152. Somebody in their Twitch chat asked me why I didn't bugger off and go after the fighters, I told them it was more important to me to see them have an enjoyable first experience than getting the kills.  :aok

I tried getting Devildog into fighters a bit.. but it's not his cup of tea, he much prefers the GV and bomber game. Unfortunately I don't expect to see them around a few months from now, but who knows.

well done krup  :aok 

any PR is good PR, so many people in the youtube comments had forgotten or assumed the game was dead so it should bring some guys back.  HTC just needs to get the update out so we can big up all the new enhancements.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 08:51:19 AM »
did HT pay him or did he do it off his own back??    :headscratch: 

either way this whole youtuber celebrity thing is how to get down with the kids.   Shame he didn't have a decent sound pack or graphics turned up.   

Some even sit and watch OTHER people play video games rather than play themself.  To me that is just weird but I can think of one guy that would pay $$$ just to watch me fly 24/7  :D

I don't get the impression from the video that it was paid for, but if HTC paid him, it was money well-spent.  I'm one who likes to watch player videos of game action - so I can get a sense of a game before investing any time or money.  Have you seen Jester814's ArmaIII videos?   Very realistic game experiences.

In the case of DevilDogGamer's AH videos, its just cool to see new people having such a good time in the game.   Can you tell, though - are they using TeamSpeak or the game's on voicecomms?  Seems to me I heard multiple voices talking at same time, and I didn't think that was possible with the game's voicecomms... 

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 01:37:22 PM »
They use Teamspeak, they were nice enough to let me join so I could explain to them how in game comms and other stuff worked. I don't think they were paid... it sounded like Devildog knew about AH for awhile, he was just waiting for a chance to check it out.

Skip to 4hrs, they had a blast in TT  :) http://www.twitch.tv/thedevildoggamer/v/8712418

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 06:33:30 PM »
This is really cool.  I love the excitement they had.  This reminds me of why we all play this wonderful game.  I did notice they blew off the fact that the game has dated graphics and were excited about the flight models and game play.  I read comments and did see someone mention that updated graphics were currently in Alpha testing.  These videos might just bring some new people into the game and I noticed many comments about players that used to play and expressed their joy at playing in the past.

I'd love to see one of the buff squads get these guys in to our FSO as guests!

This is good for the game in my opinion, we are lucky that they tried it out!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »
Somebody from HTC replied in the comments section, too - answering questions in a fair and friendly manner.   Just a  :aok all around for that video and HTC's interaction.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 08:02:21 PM »
I think this is the result of AH players visiting DCS and talking up AH. Just saying.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 09:03:38 PM »
10 P.M EST right now and there's 290 people online, when's the last time we had this many on? :banana: :banana:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"