Author Topic: Patch 70  (Read 1837 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Patch 70
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 08:15:23 PM »
I have anti aliasing on high, but I still see a stair-step effect.  The prop is very noticeable.
(not complaining just reporting)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 09:30:53 PM »
For those getting CTD i found a fix for it (i think)...go into your graphics cards settings and set anti ailising and graphics options back to the original sertings. I was having the same issue and i set everything back to stock and i have had no problems with it. ..

LawnDart

Mine were original to start with for alpha testing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 11:02:15 PM »
I haven't tested all the guns on the CV yet but the twin 5" guns on the cruiser a reversed (if you click the front one you end up in back).

Also I and seeing some weird water splashes happening above the water at the carrier deck level.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 11:48:05 PM »
FOV 120 clips the CV.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 01:10:39 AM »
In the remote chance this is useful, in my four CTDs:

Logged 8/14/2015 5:01:03 PM (last one)

Faulting application name: ahalpha.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55ce38e8
Faulting module name: ahalpha.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55ce38e8
Exception code: 0xc0000005 (consistent in the four CTDs)
Fault offset: 0x001cfead (consistent in the four CTDs)
Faulting process id: 0xe14 (1st time I crashed process id: 0xbe0, 2nd 0xdbc, 3rd 0xd54, 4th at the beginning of this line.)
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d6ed39711c90
Faulting application path: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Alpha Game\ahalpha.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Alpha Game\ahalpha.exe
Report Id: b76bd5e2-42e0-11e5-90f6-f46d041fd511
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 01:30:19 AM »
Updated to Patch 70 w/o issue................

Went in Alpha Video Settings & set AA to None as per instructions (assuming we're testing post processing AA or shader AA)........

Checked in Graphics Details to ensure AA was checked....while in here I reset all sliders full right.

Went up & flew around....the new AA was working very well on my box..........looked just as good if not slightly better than what the game looked like using the original AA Most setting in Video Settings.....frame rates held very well.

Was stuttering a little worse when flying very low over the terrain in this mode than before (I left the checkbox unchecked for "Disable Ground Clutter when in Flight" for initial test....went back in & checked this checkbox & retested.....all ran very smooth afterwards regardless.

Here is a snippet of the FuryX's vitals during this test run:

Noticed the vid card mem usage went down some 200+ Mb when new enabled AA is being used vs the original AA which unloaded the GPU usage load some as well though GPU clocks were pegged at full 1050MHz.

Looking good so far.......................... ..using Cat WHQL 15.7.1 drivers...................... .....

:salute
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:34:45 AM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »
Patch online updater worked fine.

CV AA (5-inch) operated lethally.  This is strange because I am a famously bad shot.

No graphics problems noted.  My current Nvidia settings give the application full control.

The world of AH3 is still a thing a beauty.

Will fly more tomorrow.

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 10:22:37 AM »
This is in regards to my original post... Ports are slewed off canter ..

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 12:23:25 PM »
The rotation points of the hands on the CV clock not centered with clock face.
All the hands on the clock are not centered with the clock face or aligned with each other.
Image: p70_CV_clock.jpg

CV Operations: Seafire Mk IIc
During the takeoff roll the aircraft breaks apart near the aft deck elevator.  Once launch to the deck and engine is running, advancing the throttle slightly will cause the aircraft to back up – as it should.  The aircraft will roll back a couple of feet and "fall" off a small step.  Advancing the throttle to takeoff, the aircraft will roll forward and then break apart.  I have had a situation where the aircraft will not move forward at full throttle as if caught on something.

CV Operations: Sea Hurrican Mk I
There is a constant wheel chatter and shacking of the plane when first launched to the deck.  Moving the plane slightly will cause it to stop.  Moving the plane back on the initial spot will cause the chatter again.  The attached image shows the aircraft tilted to the left as if the left main wheel is sitting in a hole.  The aircraft is chattering with the left wheel stationary but the right wheel is spinning as if rolling along the deck.
Image: p70_CV_SeaHurrican_hole.jpg

The reflections on the inside of the canopy are turning with the aircraft.
I noticed it while flying the F6F off the CV.  It is most noticeable with a dark background like the ocean.  Turning the aircraft to the left would cause the reflections to rotate to the left.  The attached image is looking left but the reflection is of the windshield, gunsight, and stopped prop.  Was using CV20 on its default course which is close to north.  The image was taken after turning about 90 degrees left on an easterly heading.  Turning left for about another 90 degrees, the reflection in the left view will rotate to show the right wing.
Image: p70_canopyReflections.jpg

Graphic Detail Setting for reflections not being honored when first entering the game and after changing fields.
Going Options > Graphic Detail and placing a check in the Disable Reflection box will turn off the reflections in the tower windows.  Clicking OK does save the settings.  However, the reflections in the windows will return when you move to a different field.  Opening the Graphic Detail settings will show there still is a checkmark in the Disable Reflection box.  The reflections will also return if you restart the game.
Image: p70_GraphicDetail_Refl.jpg

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »
Downloaded,, looks great , no problem!  Cv looks awesome!
taking off from Cv deck in FM2 is rough but possible, also took of in P-38  same thing,, deck surface very rough but possible!
shooting at fuel factory with FM-2 guns, causes damage but no visible impacts on objects,, the rounds look to pass all the way through!

:aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »
Tailwheel on the F4U's has the axle off center.

Chair on the CV bridge clips at FOV 120.

Taking off and landing on the CV work normally. After rolling off the bow and crashing, launching to the deck put me below deck and crashing. Moving to a field and back to the CV let me launch to the deck. Arrestor cables are pretty bumpy, hopped the tailwheel on a slow taxi and destroyed an F6F. Bumps don't seem consistent, some you don't notice and some move you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:13:53 PM by FLS »

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2015, 03:34:34 PM »
Update installed and ran fine.  As reported previously unable to get off carrier in spit due to undercarriage collapsing.

In the CV bridge, all the reflections were moving as the carrier group turned, they should be static, since what is being reflected is not moving relative.

Very interesting bug, manned the 5" and sank the CV beneath me.  However I remained in a ghost 5" travelling above the water, able to carry on fireing.  I towered, and then was able to select the quad 40mm and again, manned a ghost gun.  The gun emplacements are not marked as destroyed with the ship.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:36:12 PM by F77 »

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2015, 05:24:23 PM »
No matter what I try I get a ctd when I try to launch a plane (ahalpha. exe stop responding).
Tried a fresh install, set all settings to default, and still no joy.

Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 05:51:55 PM »
flew online flag server
flew off cv in an F4, everything I saw was good, finished. 40fps ave
flew several passes of cv.
All settings at default, AA was nice, nice clean edges.
sat the guns, only issue I saw was the 20mm gun on cv. you got no seen hits thru the sight, outside sight good.

I had fun with the guns. I sank 2 destroyers and a cruiser from the cv, blew the piss out of them, great fun. I attacked the cv from a cruiser and the cruiser sank. he he  nice the way they titanic and slip under the waves, a serious cv map with some large fleet interactions would be a real sweet deal.

the sun was a bit much. great idea but boy..........................
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:58:51 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2015, 06:21:27 PM »

:aok

:O
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/