Author Topic: Patch 71  (Read 2322 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 71
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »
Some issues in the CV Bridge.

Note: Almost any aircraft viewed in the CV hanger, it's wheels are in motion. Once on deck, I could find none in motion.

Back of Captain's Chair.

View up from Captain's Chair.

Blue Flickering Area

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 05:03:17 PM »
Reflection of the aircraft still visible in gunsight after Disable Reflection checked.
Opened the Graphic Detail settings while in the tower and placed a checkmark in Disable Reflection box then click OK.  Launched to the carrier deck in an F6F and there where reflections in the canopy and instruments.  Opened Graphic Detail settings and cycled the checkmark in Disable Reflection box so the final state was with a checkmark in the box.  The reflections disappeared from canopy and instruments.  Took off and noticed reflections in the gunsight that moved as the aircraft maneuvered.  The attached image shows one of the black-handled knobs being reflected in the gunsight.
Image: p71_gunsight_refl.jpg

Film Viewer: Propeller damaged but viewer shows prop still turning.
Broke the landing gear while landing a Seafire on a carrier.  The engine was then damaged when the prop hit the deck – the engine stopped and the prop was bent.  Reviewing the film latter shows the prop still turning.  Also noticed in the film that the engine has stopped because the engine oil pressure is bleeding down but the rpm gage still shows the engine is turning.  Attached the last 10 seconds of the film in case it helps.
Film: p71_propDamage.ahf

CV Operations: Sea Hurricane Mk I spawning below the deck.
When spawning a Sea Hurricane on a carrier, the aircraft falls a short distance and a wheel screech is heard.  Occasionally the aircraft will spawn below (or fall through) the deck.  Attached is a short film.  I started in an F6F and moved forward on the deck and stopped. (I was attempting to repeat an earlier sequence that lead to falling through the deck but I don’t think it has anything to do with it.)  I started recording, ended flight in the F6F, changed to a Sea Hurricane and spawned to the deck (00:20) without any problems – notice the slight drop and wheel screech.  I then ended flight and spawned again (00:39).  This time the spawn was below the deck and the aircraft falls to the water.
Film: p71_SeaHurry_spawn.ahf

Film Viewer: Player info area has the speed cut off.
The area that shows the player info is not wide enough to fully display the information and the speed information is not completely visible.  There is no way to alter the size of the area to make it wider and the only way to see the speed is to either use the scroll bar or shrink the width of one of the other fields such as Alt or Range.  Maybe this is more of a wish.
Image: p71_filmViewer_speed.gif

Observation: CV ground effect.
The ground effect over the carrier deck is very strong and seems different from the old CV.  The onset of the effect will be sharp when you go from 70 feet over the water to 10 above the deck, but now you can "feel" when you are over the deck and the aircraft wants to float over the wires.  Not sure if this helps or hurts the chances of catching a wire but it does require a change in technique.  I cannot stay if it is right or wrong but is it what you intended?

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 05:05:56 PM »
CV deck will sometimes show a bullet splash on the deck. (bustr's #6)
With the CV guns shooting at the drones, sometimes a bullet splash will appear on the front of the deck and move aft as the ship moves forward.  It is possible the splash starts on the water and teleports to the deck when the ship sails over it.
Image: p71_CV_bulletSplash.jpg

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 05:43:11 PM »
I tested the Sea Hurri and it didn't fall through my deck. When I was testing shift_H mouse view with F8 to look for issues with the first plane I spawned today onto the deck. When I was 90 degrees left of the plane and down below the deck, swinging around to the rear of the plane I was looking up through the deck and it's structures.

When I swung on around to the left again to reproduce it, I could only get it to happen a tiny bit. When I swung completely around and came back to the left, it stopped happening. Then I was only seeing the outside of the CV. Subsequent aircraft spawned to the deck, the feature was not reproducible.

I noticed the CV's side wake starts from about 1\3 forward on the sides as though there is a straight line 90 degrees out from each side and the top of the wake is flat emanating back. It does not start from a point near the bow widening out then trailing to the rear. It makes no contact with the bow wake where it should originate. Only noticed this while looking at the CV in mouse view with F8 from above the deck.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
The prop shows as a strange shape similar to a Chinese fan when looking down through the 10k light cloud deck at a16, at early sunset, with p-39q and 109 f, and most likely all planes.  looks fine from under the cloud deck.  :headscratch:

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »
Updated to Patch 71 w/o issue & set Alpha Video Settings AA slider to None (to use the new fixed AH In-Game Post Processing AA exclusively). Cat 15.7.1 drivers Alpha profile set @ Cat default settings.

Alpha in-game settings for post processing AA are checked, all sliders are full right, EM set @ 2 & all checkboxes that disable graphics features are unchecked except for "disable other plane's skins" & "disable ground clutter when in flight"..............

Went up in Capture the Sheep arena to test......................... ............

FPS held steady at 59-60 w/ most flying time pegged at 60 FPS.

AH Post Processing AA was working very well as all objects as well as lighting edges were very clean & smooth w/ virtually no jaggies visable.............the big surprise was the amount of vid card resources that wasn't needed to run this vers:

I know that this isn't a true representation as there wasn't 100 other players on at the same time as I was but I've noticed at least 15%-20% drop in GPU % usage & 300Mb-350Mb drop in mem usage running the Alpha w/ just me flying around in this patch compared to patches prior to Patch 70 so this is getting good from a performance perspective as well......the graphics imagery speaks for itself.

Good work, Hitech!

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 04:38:45 AM »
Check your settings and if everything looks right in your settings, then you might need to upload some screen shots or film, and post a dxdiag.
I only say this, not to criticize, but because I see the wakes behind a PT Boat as well as the ships in a Task Group.
Who would have imagined that my dx9 wouldn't be up to date and cause me so many problems in the last patch.

Thanks Easy, will check it out over the weekend.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 05:23:00 AM »
Tested the Anti aliasing slider at every setting from zero to full on using graphic default settings in plane and GV.   I could not detect any difference in the Anti aliasing slider setting.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 07:39:55 AM »
Original AA Patch 70 said to turn AA slider to "NONE" in video settings.  If you follow that instruction, you will find that the "Enable AA" box will work.  I don't even know if the video settings slider is functional. 

So is this the slider everyone is talking about???? or is there an AA slider inside of the game past the splash screen that does not appear on my computer?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 08:21:30 AM »
Tested the Anti aliasing slider at every setting from zero to full on using graphic default settings in plane and GV.   I could not detect any difference in the Anti aliasing slider setting.

The AA Slider will be removed when I get a moment.

HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 12:25:20 PM »
My bad, from the test goals I assumed the slider was working.

Test goals:
------------------
Test the new anti-alias settings.
Test the new CV for any issues (take-offs, landings, anti-xxx gun fire, check man guns....)

I assume the setting mentioned are incorporated into the alpha eliminating the need for the slider.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 12:27:03 PM »
The prop shows as a strange shape similar to a Chinese fan when looking down through the 10k light cloud deck at a16, at early sunset, with p-39q and 109 f, and most likely all planes.  looks fine from under the cloud deck.  :headscratch:

Nat,

Chilli and I observed the same thing (me - A6M5 and Seafire @10K...Chilli - FM2).  Arena time was ~0800 and the effect for me was most evident in the 11 and 1 views.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
i found glitching while i was in the capture the flag arena i was at one of the v bases and the ground was glitching blue and the original color of the ground and upon viewing the flim it doesnt show up in the flim so could it be my computer?
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 03:39:43 PM »
The AA Slider will be removed when I get a moment.

HiTech

Will this mean the clipboard Graphics options AA check box, will switch the game from using AA we set in our graphic card control panel, to not responding to that setting?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 04:37:51 PM »
Will this mean the clipboard Graphics options AA check box, will switch the game from using AA we set in our graphic card control panel, to not responding to that setting?

It is impossible to do any type of post lighting and have your card do normal FSAA. Do some research on the net and you can find out why.

So to have anti aliasing different methods have been developed, we are using the a shader provide by nvida called FXAA.

That is what the check box turns on in AH.

HiTech