Author Topic: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High  (Read 23553 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »
Oh and send my regards to the Mrs err i mean Triton

I bet you wish you had this one back huh?  Not your best work...let me help you

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »
I have fought Grizz thousands of times and won most of them.

In AirWarrior when he was 15 years old

I have never da grizz but for some reason, he thinks I am one of the best players in the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2015, 11:37:51 AM »
I have never da grizz but for some reason, he thinks I am one of the best players in the game.

semp

Ya gotta read the fine print.  It wasn't in the DA  :)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2015, 11:40:27 AM »
Ya gotta read the fine print.  It wasn't in the DA  :)

was just making a statement about me :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:18 AM »
I bet you wish you had this one back huh?  Not your best work...let me help

Lol not really, I meant it, if I never play AH again I still have the fond memories of that 8-2 whooping you and the Mrs got from the 5 O clock hitter, in glorious HD, lmao.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »
Feels like I have seen this movie before....
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2015, 12:03:54 PM »
Yep, I've never seen a group of people that love re runs as much as this one, it's pathetic rofl

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2015, 12:23:38 PM »

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2015, 12:53:35 PM »
Let's make this democratic. Who actually cares what Kruel or anyone of the Damned thinks?

According to our own application of SDGT to the situation, they don't know what the hell they're doing! Are we gonna let a bunch of noobs tell us what's what?!?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »

Lol not really, I meant it, if I never play AH again I still have the fond memories of that 8-2 whooping you and the Mrs got from the 5 O clock hitter, in glorious HD, lmao.

When did you beat me 8-2? Lmao

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2015, 01:42:58 PM »
When did you beat me 8-2? Lmao

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365230.0.html

Was a great fight (as were the 1v1 duels prior). In fact, I went down early in one of the fights and Kruel beat you both single-handedly.

-=S=-
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:49:41 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2015, 02:27:35 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365230.0.html

Was a great fight (as were the 1v1 duels prior). In fact, I went down early in one of the fights and Kruel beat you both single-handedly.

-=S=-

As I asked, the 5 o'clock hitter never beat me 8-2 alone.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2015, 02:51:57 PM »
Kruel!  How's that transgender surgery working out for ya?  Sore on the outside, but feeling better inside I bet.  I look forward to seeing you type my name again soon!

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:32 PM »
Kruel!  How's that transgender surgery working out for ya?  Sore on the outside, but feeling better inside I bet.  I look forward to seeing you type my name again soon!
oh,, giggle giggle

Type my name , type my name!    Lol :evil:
Flying since tour 71.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »
First, I need to issue the usual disclaimers.

1. I am absolutely BAFFLED at the idea of anyone either valuing their (admittedly enjoyable ) AHII time so much or valuing their non-AHII time so little that they could possibly spend so much time in the MA as to wrack up, I don't know, 600-odd kills in a month. That's, admittedly, a values / subjective / opportunity cost of time issue. Hey, have at it.

2. I am, as self-identified in 1., a mere part time stick. I think I have 10 kills this tour for about as many sorties and am doing somewhere around 1:1 (thinking .78 counting the vanishing -denom defeating +1) - which tells you that my talent level is mediocre, at best (gunnery << piloting).

3. I get the desire to win using tactical play. I get the OODA loop. Hell, I play USTA. I can't tell you how many times I've walked away from a match feeling victorious but slightly unclean for harping on an opponent's obvious weakness and learning/improving near nil. That said, it's not the only reason I play. I have a copy of Shaw and have read badboy's dissertation on E-M with great interest.

4. I both get the "Skyyr Issue" and his answer. He vulched me last w/e. He's killed me when I'm on fumes. He's killed me from alt. I honestly don't think I've ever engaged him, in the 5 or 6 times he's killed me, in anything resembling a fight. It's usually more like, "high 190..." <check 6> "BOOM"... Tower. No fun - if that's what you're after. But - he scores. People play for different reasons. That appears to be his, full stop.

All that said, reading Latrobe, a guy I fought all of ONCE - and got owned, but only after realizing, at distance, that he was NOT allowing me to get an advantageous approach (shoulda begged off in my g6 against his Pony - but NOOO...), I was amused, in part due to the butthurt imparted by Skyyr, but also because I love satire and the use of the word "gay" with apparent impunity, but also quizzical: what did he do to you? Was there a battle of the titans of which I am unaware?

I think a Skyyr/Latrobe DA battle is a must to settle the skill question. It will not, however, settle the game question, to which I award grudging, if butthurt respect.

Butthurtedly yours, PJ_GZ  - and beware... I may get hot someday and land a lucky shell.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.