Author Topic: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High  (Read 23449 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »
Yes.  What exactly is your point?

That your original statement is not correct for multiple reasons. If the better pilots had left previously then grizz could not be one of the better pilots.

Or as is really the case , there are always better pilots in the game. I.E. you are simply seeing things "In the good old days."

HiTech

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
That your original statement is not correct for multiple reasons. If the better pilots had left previously then grizz could not be one of the better pilots.

Or as is really the case , there are always better pilots in the game. I.E. you are simply seeing things "In the good old days."

HiTech

Or, as I intended my comment:  from my perspective and my time in-game.  You assumed wrongly that I was speaking since inception.  I wasn't because I have no basis for making a comparison on people I've not fought or seen fly. 

I think you responded to my comment for other reasons...

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »
Or, as I intended my comment:  from my perspective and my time in-game. 

I.E. "The good old days".

HiTech

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2015, 10:48:47 AM »
Latydoo would you publish a French version for me please? I too want to zoom around in canon planes to show my skillz.

In the French version; you take off from a base, turn 180, and fly back towards your own HQ.  Once your plane runs out of fuel, ditch & surrender to the nearest windmill.   :neener:
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2015, 10:58:15 AM »
Jimbo  :D

Nah that's a stereotype. The French version is sitting in the shade of a P47 wing with a glass of wine and a couple of chicks while telling the SDGT-ers :"DA is that way chief".  :cheers:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2015, 11:02:32 AM »
Latroobe, am I allowed to count proxies and technical kills to my level of pwnge? Or do I have to be the one to actually bag them?

I'm currently going for best GV player ever, and my strategy is to take a jeep, make a mad dash through the l33t spawn campers, pinging them with my MG, so that when they go to tower after the camp dies down, I'll be awarded kills.

My thinking is that if I can kill Dr7's Tiger II with a jeep, who the f**k are you to argue with me? But I just wanted to make sure that my kills are valid, and really are a direct metric of how bad-arse I am.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:04:17 AM by FBKampfer »
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2015, 11:12:27 AM »
I.E. "The good old days".

HiTech

Dale I'm not going to argue you thinking you know what my "good old days" are, lol. 

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
Latroobe, am I allowed to count proxies and technical kills to my level of pwnge? Or do I have to be the one to actually bag them?

I'm currently going for best GV player ever, and my strategy is to take a jeep, make a mad dash through the l33t spawn campers, pinging them with my MG, so that when they go to tower after the camp dies down, I'll be awarded kills.

My thinking is that if I can kill Dr7's Tiger II with a jeep, who the f**k are you to argue with me? But I just wanted to make sure that my kills are valid, and really are a direct metric of how bad-arse I am.

Proxies or kills from someone else finishing off your opponent absolutely count. However if someone ever manages to damage you to the point where a 2nd enemy finishes you off but the 1st one got the kill you have to make it a point to let everyone know so as to not create any confusion on who owned who. This can usually be done by saying something like "Good shot (enemy #2). Don't know how (enemy #1) got the kill". Doing this let's everyone know that enemy #1 sucks and could not kill you without help even if he completely destroyed you in a 1v1 earlier and is the reason why enemy #2 had such an easy time killing you.

One of the most important things that I'll be going over in more detail in "Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory of Aces High: Volume 2" is that it is only ok for you to do something. Anyone else who does the exact same thing as you is a noob. Anyone who calls you out on this just inform them that what you are doing is completely different even if it's exactly the same.

:salute
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:31:20 AM by Latrobe »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2015, 11:31:06 AM »
State of the game issue...some current pilots have arrived to play this game long after the best pilots left or are on very long breaks so claiming uber is way gone.  The Grizzs and Batfinks and bighorns of old would fight and pwn turny planes in any plane they flew.

That's a fact.

Just to clarify how I read this, are you saying the best pilots are gone, and there are no longer any "best" pilots? And there are no longer pilots who are as good as the ones who left?

If this is what you are saying, I believe you are looking at things threw tinted lenses.

HiTech

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2015, 11:31:09 AM »
Latrobe,

In the context of your OP, please compare and contrast "Official Duals", "Unofficial Duals" and how to compare them on 200 with victories achieved in the MA.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2015, 11:32:53 AM »
Latrobe,

In the context of your OP, please compare and contrast "Official Duals", "Unofficial Duals" and how to compare them on 200 with victories achieved in the MA.

Will do Changeup. That will be covered in Volume 2 which should be released sometime late this year or early next year.

:salute

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »
I try my best to fly as you've stated with one exception , I fly the P-47,,  and while I do lose many fights, I try to make sure my opponent knows how badly they suck if I've killed them with my bomb truck!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »
Just to clarify how I read this, are you saying the best pilots are gone, and there are no longer any "best" pilots? And there are no longer pilots who are as good as the ones who left?

If this is what you are saying, I believe you are looking at things threw tinted lenses.

HiTech

No Dale.

I'm simply saying in my experience the best pilots I've flown against are better than the current lot of "best" pilots as judged by KOTH results, comments on 200, BBS, and PMs by a wide margin.  It's not even close.  I'm not challenging Aces High II's manhood" or what it has to offer.  I can only make a personal judgement on what I've experienced.  You chose to read excessively into my post by assuming I meant "forever" and that I meant there are no "best pilots" left.  Why you would decide to waste your time on my opinion is curious though.

But since you brought it up, I actually think the "good old days" were years prior to my arrival.  What do I base that on?  The voices and stories of the people that flew then.  Not on their skills.  Their stories sound like the game was much more fun than how the game plays today. 

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »

Oh yeah? Well, I am the greatest Storch pilot evarz!  A two second long sortie was all that was required for me to get and safely land a kill in my first and only Storch sortie.  That's a K/H of 1800!   :banana:

ZOMFG ILE PWN AUL U NOOBZ!!!!  :ahand
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."