Author Topic: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High  (Read 23574 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2015, 03:30:15 PM »
I don't understand, do you only have pain receptors in your buttocks???
Pies not kicks.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »
First, I need to issue the usual disclaimers.

1. I am absolutely BAFFLED at the idea of anyone either valuing their (admittedly enjoyable ) AHII time so much or valuing their non-AHII time so little that they could possibly spend so much time in the MA as to wrack up, I don't know, 600-odd kills in a month. That's, admittedly, a values / subjective / opportunity cost of time issue. Hey, have at it.

2. I am, as self-identified in 1., a mere part time stick. I think I have 10 kills this tour for about as many sorties and am doing somewhere around 1:1 (thinking .78 counting the vanishing -denom defeating +1) - which tells you that my talent level is mediocre, at best (gunnery << piloting).

3. I get the desire to win using tactical play. I get the OODA loop. Hell, I play USTA. I can't tell you how many times I've walked away from a match feeling victorious but slightly unclean for harping on an opponent's obvious weakness and learning/improving near nil. That said, it's not the only reason I play. I have a copy of Shaw and have read badboy's dissertation on E-M with great interest.

4. I both get the "Skyyr Issue" and his answer. He vulched me last w/e. He's killed me when I'm on fumes. He's killed me from alt. I honestly don't think I've ever engaged him, in the 5 or 6 times he's killed me, in anything resembling a fight. It's usually more like, "high 190..." <check 6> "BOOM"... Tower. No fun - if that's what you're after. But - he scores. People play for different reasons. That appears to be his, full stop.

All that said, reading Latrobe, a guy I fought all of ONCE - and got owned, but only after realizing, at distance, that he was NOT allowing me to get an advantageous approach (shoulda begged off in my g6 against his Pony - but NOOO...), I was amused, in part due to the butthurt imparted by Skyyr, but also because I love satire and the use of the word "gay" with apparent impunity, but also quizzical: what did he do to you? Was there a battle of the titans of which I am unaware?

I think a Skyyr/Latrobe DA battle is a must to settle the skill question. It will not, however, settle the game question, to which I award grudging, if butthurt respect.

Butthurtedly yours, PJ_GZ  - and beware... I may get hot someday and land a lucky shell.

Latrobe beat me in my own plane in the Dueling tournament which I picked in round 5 just because I knew I'd have the chance to win. He never flies F4Us and I beat him in the first F4U duel. Then he comes back around and beats me in round 5 in my own best plane he never flies to win the match. Dude is a straight Haxxor I tell ya. Ohh and then he beat my 109K in a P47N and I had to report him for that because he is a HAcKER!!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:33:49 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »
But still, If u dont fly the Brewster u are nobody.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
But still, If u dont fly the Brewster u are nobody.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2015, 04:07:32 PM »
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Zeta

• Zinc Member
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2015, 04:19:17 PM »
Chapter 30......I already did all this........with my career.  been retired for 4 years now....when I play AH.......I really don't care...is just passive fun...as evidenced by my score.  :)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2015, 04:28:55 PM »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
As I asked, the 5 o'clock hitter never beat me 8-2 alone.

Look at you, using that word.  :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2015, 04:42:38 PM »
Then I got medicated and I realised how dumb all that toejam was. Got in shape, got a vasectomy. Now Im laying pipe in fresh fields on a regular basis.

:confused: Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory  :banana:

:salute

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2015, 04:59:37 PM »
I don't know who Mos Eisley is but this is bordering on cyber bullying.
Good luck with that.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
How did a perfectly good thread become a Muppets vs junior Damned thread?

Hitech was low in his estimate of Latrobe hooking a couple of folks.  Somehow they are now leaping into the boat!

A brilliant effort Latrobe.  Somehow your obvious attempt at fun, got taken seriously.

Nicely done :salute
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »
Yep, I've never seen a group of people that love re runs as much as this one, it's pathetic rofl

Oh the irony of this  :rofl

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline CavPuke

• Copper Member
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
You're gonna need a bigger boat Latrobe.  :aok

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »
Oh the irony of this  :rofl

How so? I haven't played in like 3 months, yet here you all are complaining about Skyyr still and I think only person to have beat him in a 1v1 duel is Violator, AFAIK? All you can do is poke fun at someone else's approach to the game, still, almost 2 years in after we started playing.

Pathetic.