Author Topic: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High  (Read 23575 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2015, 06:03:55 PM »
20 years late, but Latrobe should earn honorary status into TopGunz for this one.   :lol

Hmmm.... Hitech was one of those guys.....a connection here? :noid
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2015, 06:35:47 PM »
Really? Because if you're referring to my duels with Raven, I did win those. In fact, I won every fight set except for when we flew F6F's (a plane I don't fly at all). Would you still like me to post them? :rofl
Okay, so you have lost to someone besides Violator, and I doubt you would post a fight that you lost.  That was all I was saying.  Thanks for playing.

As far as posting your fights with raven where an LA beat an F6F in a duel, do what ever floats your boat.  Perhaps that video of you clubbing baby seals would be a good one to post too.   :aok
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:37:40 PM by Scca »
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2015, 07:34:11 PM »
Okay, so you have lost to someone besides Violator, and I doubt you would post a fight that you lost.  That was all I was saying.  Thanks for playing.

As far as posting your fights with raven where an LA beat an F6F in a duel, do what ever floats your boat.  Perhaps that video of you clubbing baby seals would be a good one to post too.   :aok

You asked for that duel, and then you backed down and volunteered someone else. That someone else got beat 8-6. Squirm all you want, it's not my fault your boy got beat.

Feel free to bring the skill yourself, or ask RaVeN to re-duel with you present - that's fine by me. Regardless, it doesn't change the score. ;)
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2015, 07:40:28 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
You asked for that duel, and then you backed down and volunteered someone else. That someone else got beat 8-6. Squirm all you want, it's not my fault your boy got beat.

Feel free to bring the skill yourself, or ask RaVeN to re-duel with you present - that's fine by me. Regardless, it doesn't change the score. ;)
Depends on the definition of a duel. I say you had 3 duels. You one two, raven one. Feel free to change the definition to suit your agenda. 

Anyway, you're uber, the best.  I bow to your awesomeness. (Feel better?)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2015, 08:22:12 PM »

See Rule #4

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2015, 08:31:49 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:57:35 PM by glzsqd »
See Rule #4

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »
Yes, I see the difference, my point is that you guys keep trying the same approach, lol, the people that ignore Skyyr or simply don't complain when killed by him, he usually never says anything to.

The guys that get riled up, make a scene, make accusations of hax, those are the guys we like to make fun of, and continue to do so simply because it's hilarious.

The guys that get over the fact is a game and simply ask the question of maybe how he did something (unless you are already in category above) we usually befriend those people. I've seen Skyyr spend hours with people he  hardly knows practicing, learning and teaching in the DA..but those people had the same thing in common.

They realized they got outflown and instead of crying about it like little girls(tears are delicious) they wanted to get better..

Lol I've said it before, people should try the ignore function, I think it will work miracles for both parties involved.

I feel like you're using the term "out flown" very liberally. I've seen you guys. Skyyr, at least, is a good stick, even if he doesn't like to actually do that pilot shiite. But often it seems to involve disengaging, building insurmountable advantage, and re-engaging, often with friends. And if your forum behavior is anything to go by, stroking each other's egos afterwards.

You guys are very much the 49th FG of air to air combat.

A call of "wow, such skilz"  is not unwarranted in that case.

I still do that, despite knowing Skyyr is an objectively better pilot than me. Why? Because he goes for the easy stuff.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2015, 09:09:12 PM »
I feel like you're using the term "out flown" very liberally. I've seen you guys. Skyyr, at least, is a good stick, even if he doesn't like to actually do that pilot shiite. But often it seems to involve disengaging, building insurmountable advantage, and re-engaging, often with friends. And if your forum behavior is anything to go by, stroking each other's egos afterwards.

You guys are very much the 49th FG of air to air combat.

A call of "wow, such skilz"  is not unwarranted in that case.

I still do that, despite knowing Skyyr is an objectively better pilot than me. Why? Because he goes for the easy stuff.

Interesting you should say that. Here's a set of fights that had no disengaging, no massive amounts of energy advantages, and lots of turning (my opponent picked all the planes). Oh, and no friends.  In fact, I went AFK on the first merge and came back with my opponent having an advantage. You might know the guy I was fighting.

http://bit.ly/1VfJgAr

;)

That's the thing about being outflown - it doesn't matter if it's by a little or a lot, the end result is the same. Therefore, any extra effort is wasted as it yields absolutely the same results. If I don't need to do that "pilot crap" and I can kill you in one pass, why shouldn't I do it? The more time I save on you is more time I can spend on killing the next guy. Time is position, position is energy, energy is airspeed, and airspeed is life.

If you want a 1v1 where you can show off "that pilot crap" (or fail doing it), DA's open. The MA is for killing, the DA is for dueling.

SDGT babaaaaay! Isn't edjamacation great!?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:25:20 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2015, 10:24:40 PM »
^^
See Rule #4

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2015, 04:13:26 AM »

SDGT babaaaaay! Isn't edjamacation great!?

It truly is! I just finished my 4 years at the School for Elitists last week. Majored in Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory of course. Minored in Video Editing and YouTube. Here's my diploma to prove it too.

Offline F6Fraven

• Zinc Member
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2015, 06:51:59 AM »
Actually Skyyr, if I remember correctly I won six fights, you won four aside from the lopsided F6-La-7 duels. This makes me the victor.
-AKRaven

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2015, 07:24:32 AM »
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »
Actually Skyyr, if I remember correctly I won six fights, you won four aside from the lopsided F6-La-7 duels. This makes me the victor.
-AKRaven

Films on YouTube or it didn't happen (Skyyr tag line for the grins of it)
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba