Author Topic: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High  (Read 23547 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High
« Reply #270 on: August 31, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »
Correct me if I am mistaken please, but I do not believe the subject of "Rearming" has been properly addressed.

I therefore submit for your use the following insert:

Re-Arming:  Re-Arming should be used whenever possible.  It is preferred to Re-Arm at a base far enough from the action that the act of Re-Arming not be detected by any fellow countrymen.  Re-Arming should always be used which will show all lowly non SDGT adherents that you of the SDGT exalted has what it takes to kill many many opponents in a single sortie, hence the need to Re-Arm at a base not within observation of your fellows.  Upon completion of your sortie, when the message goes out that you have landed 20 Kills, do not waiver in your answer to the question of "How many times did you Re=Arm?".  The answer is "None".  The answer always is none.  Should someone you killed four and a half hours ago comment as such, "But you killed me 4 and a half hours ago and your score shows that I'm your second to the last kill on your 20 kill sortie", remember to fall back on the tried and tested two part rebuttal "Deride & Deny".  Cast aspersions upon their moral turpitude and suggest that their ancestors were unfit.  Then deny that it was four an a half hours ago placing a derision at the end of the denial such as, "It was 10 minutes ago you Moron, didn't your Mom teach you how to tell time ?".  Discontinuation of Re-Arming should only occur if your aircraft takes too much damage to be airworthy or if your significant other should yell something like: "Damnit!  You've been sitting at that GD computer for 12 hours straight and haven't done a thing all day.  Come and eat your dinner or I'm going to throw it away".
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #271 on: August 31, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
We actually did not fought, but hey there. Are you a legend too?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?topic=366785.0

:salute

B vitamins and folic acid can help with memory.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #272 on: August 31, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »
Working helps too if you wanna actually live a human life.

also

I need no liver but friends.

By the way, anyone has an idea why that skyer dude is trying to write to me? Havent said a word directed to him...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:58:30 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #273 on: August 31, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »
Comeon Debrody, are you not considering my dissertation on Re-Arming for inclusion on your fine treatise?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #274 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:10 PM »
Comeon Debrody, are you not considering my dissertation on Re-Arming for inclusion on your fine treatise?
My apologies, Zoney, totally went out of my mind. I do promise that i will be aware of it next time... this last semester drains my energy.
(Exuses... always the exuses, i know... be patient with me, mate)
AoM
City of ice

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #275 on: August 31, 2015, 07:09:51 PM »
One more thought, if you let me...

"growing your e-stick also grows the real one"

Absolutely no idea why theese brainfarts are flashing into my mind, my apologies.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #276 on: August 31, 2015, 07:17:02 PM »
Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Get with the program Guppy.  Words like "low", "slow", "turn" and "fun" are out.  You need some strategery domino learnin'.

I'd like to apologize for not understanding this.  I guess I'm proof that it's hard to teach an old 38G driver new tricks.  I'm going to go back and read Latrobe's book again in the hopes in catches this time.

I suppose this means I need to change planes too doesn't it...... :(
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #277 on: August 31, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »

By the way, anyone has an idea why that skyer dude is trying to write to me? Havent said a word directed to him...

It's all a part of SDGT!!  :noid :old:

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #278 on: August 31, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
I'd like to apologize for not understanding this.  I guess I'm proof that it's hard to teach an old 38G driver new tricks.  I'm going to go back and read Latrobe's book again in the hopes in catches this time.

When I used to be Aspen in game, we had some great 38 vs 109g2 fights on the deck.  I thought it was a blast but now it's clear I was basing that on the smile and adrenaline rush and not applying SDGT.
AMAX  in game

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #279 on: August 31, 2015, 08:36:48 PM »
When I used to be Aspen in game, we had some great 38 vs 109g2 fights on the deck.  I thought it was a blast but now it's clear I was basing that on the smile and adrenaline rush and not applying SDGT.

For future reference, should I run into you up high while flying my uber fast plane, how should I react?

As I understand SDGT, I believe I should run away as fast as possible while looking for easier targets below.  Is this correct?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2015, 08:55:41 PM »

Watch my SGDT, noobs, and see a master of both SDGT and rhetoric at work...

A 38G? Surely you're kidding. No offense, uh, "Guppy" (if that's what you choose to call yourself), but most thinking people abandoned that ride some time ago. Perhaps you have more than the normal (2.8% for most Euro ethnicities, less elsewhere) share of neanderthal DNA, possibly mental challenges in the heredity. Still, it's a pity. Surely you could learn from the best practices laid out in my current publication, "The Shiftless Man's Way to Piss People Off for no Discernible Return".

I mean, I like to reach out and help you little people now and again. Tell me now, why did you choose a ride that is roughly equivalent to self-identifying as a lobotomy case? If you'll come fly in my Booster's Club, assuming you can make the cut, you'll enjoy any number of skill-enhancing, probably mind-numbing, activities. Here are some examples:

1. Riding Shotgun - Stand by at 20k, just in case one of the baby seals fights back.
2. Follow the Leader - stay tight on my wing and watch me kill stuff. Don't worry about check six this or SA that. That's just loser talk.
3. Intercepting the Throbber - somebody's got a bead on me! Can you stop the 20's?
4. DeQuilling the Porcupine - Acky fields really kill my vulch buzz. You need to do something about that.
5. Leading with the Chin - somebody has to fly low and slow to  light up the wirbels. Tracers point both ways.

... and so much more (some of which actually don't involve eating shrapnel to cover my butt and elevate my score). If you think you qualify, if you have the stones, you can come fly for me, but leave your training wheels - and that scrap tin - behind.

Okay, so that's all sarcastic and not actually pointed at anyone. Here's a little story for your enjoyment:

I have this friend. Let's call him Mark because that's his name. He used to play USTA for me. That's tennis, to people unfamiliar with the USTA; a thing known as an individual sport, thus something to which I'm attracted (more like a circus, less like an army, sort of like Jasta 11).

In any case, we were at playoffs one year, fighting hard to try to get through to the State Championship. Understand, this is adult tennis. Yes, you've got a shot at title, but, beyond that, there is nothing on the line. Mark knew this. I had slated him to play 2 singles, right behind me. I encouraged him to go out there and win it. I knew his opponent and knew he'd have a tough match. I stressed the importance of the court and match to our playoff hopes. Mark took me aside and said, "you know, PJ, in a couple of years, nobody will remember who won or lost this court - but they will remember who was an a**hole."

I contemplated the merit of his statement and replied, "you know, you're probably right, Mark."

That happened in something like 2006. I carry Mark's statement with me to this day - right alongside my memory of Adrian Paich handing him his a** in straight sets, neatly torpedoing our hopes for advance.

What does it mean? Not a lot. Mark was dealing with a false dichotomy and possibly letting himself off the hook. OTOH, I've seen guys who win and act like children in the process - and it's pretty memorable. If you've got a good sense of yourself, you can choose who you want to be in this life. If you base your actions on a bunch of knee-jerk if-thens, volitional conduct may be sacrificed.

Finally, consider Zack. Does he give any discernible rip about other's opinions of his quirky habits; constant de-pilling, spleen flensing, the cuke and pork cutlet facials - and let's not forget the endless stream of cravats? No sir... not at all. Does he care that the LR3 is widely reputed to be a girl's car, only useful for trips to the mall? Hardly.

I write him when I need dog-fettling advice. Most fettlers will maintain a pretense, and it shows. But not Zack. His fettling is of unsurpassed purity, as are the pies.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:00:35 PM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #281 on: August 31, 2015, 09:34:48 PM »
Tennis isn't actually a sport though.  It's an activity.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #282 on: August 31, 2015, 09:43:46 PM »
I love this thread!
See Rule #4

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2015, 09:51:19 PM »
Tennis isn't actually a sport though.  It's an activity.

If I follow your line of thought, you're saying that it's not an individual sport but rather an individual activity, an individual activity that requires the use of balls and a sort of stick?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2015, 09:54:20 PM »
If I follow your line of thought, you're saying that it's not an individual sport but rather an individual activity, an individual activity that requires the use of balls and a sort of stick?

If that's the case then an SDGT type player could not play tennis as he has no balls and his stick is too small :bolt:
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters