Author Topic: MAYDAY MAYDAY MAGIC GOING DOWN FILMS  (Read 1395 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: MAYDAY MAYDAY MAGIC GOING DOWN FILMS
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »
1,4,5,6 ... Karma.... not sure what is expected when you fly through ack.... When I up to a group of guys hovering over my field and not allowing me to get up I will stay within ack range until I can get a break and get more of an even standing. stay out of ack range and allow the cons to move from the base a bit...you can still keep an advantage but minimise the ack risk....also don't follow them all the way back when they head back into it.

2 When you caused the overshoot on the jug I would have rolled over to the left which would roll you over top of the jug and give him a harder option to climb and attack also would have allowed you his six at a higher altitude...giving you plenty of time to saddle up...as it was you continued to roll to the right and had he been intent on chasing the kill he would have just turned and been on your six..And the fact that you didn't keep an eye about for the two cons higher....  well it has been said before

4 your first shot at the 190...at the point probably two - three seconds before you made the shot I would have started turning to the left and try get in the same plane...I probably would have missed the shot but I would then be partially through my turn and in the same direction as the 190.... I may not have kept up with him if he went straight...but I would have his six and he would have to make the choice of flying straight and hoping you are a bad shot at a long distance or continue his turn and bleed E against a better turner...As it was If he had decided to turn back into me once again he had the opportunity to get my six easier with continuing the right turn away from him... there are a few other small things but those stand out as possible points to look at and work on....

On shooting... It is a hard thing to get...a lot of your crossing shots you were not in a position to shoot.... usually your nose was too high...anticipating where the con will pass your nose is a difficult one to master with crossing shots but one thing to keep in your mind is they will generally go low so you need to be ready to rudder and get the nose down... in saying this a quick flick is no good it needs to be controlled... unless you are chucking spuds

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:37:07 PM by SPKmes »

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 06:19:57 PM »
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc