Author Topic: sPYING  (Read 5008 times)

Offline seano

• Copper Member
Re: sPYING
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 11:52:24 AM »
See Forum Posting Rule #8 for sure, and maybe even #7, too:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,229014.0.html

:rolleyes:

Not outing any one player, I'm blaming the bish in general. 

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »
I hope everyone understands that the report command purpose is to report bad text/voice  behavior and not game play behavior.

In the past we have had squads (or group of people) mass report people for no real reason, and when that happens we suspend chat of the players who did the reporting.

HiTech

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »
I hope everyone understands that the report command purpose is to report bad text/voice  behavior and not game play behavior.

In the past we have had squads (or group of people) mass report people for no real reason, and when that happens we suspend chat of the players who did the reporting.

HiTech

This is true.  From my days in another squad, we thought we would report a guy for playing in a way we thought was unfair (a CV thing). 

We learned very quickly that, that is not what the report feature is for.  Do NOT push that button for game play...

We learned a tough love lesson that month...   Be warned!

On the other hand.  Simply report it and let them look into it.  They are more than fair when it comes to this issue.

:rock   
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2015, 01:02:36 PM »
Thank you for responding Mr.Hitech sir

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2015, 04:41:06 PM »
See Forum Posting Rule #8 for sure, and maybe even #7, too:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,229014.0.html

:noid
Don't forget#5...oh wait...

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 05:47:16 PM »
Thank you for responding Mr.Hitech sir
Awee how cute caps lock is gone

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 06:13:11 PM »
I USUALLY ONLY SWITCH BETWEEN ROOK AND KNIGHTS. I GO TO WICHEVER SIDE BISH NEED TO DOMINATE TO WIN THE MAP. I USUALLY ONLY FIGHT AGAINST BISH, SINCE THEY ARE EASIER KILLS AND HAVE VERRY NARROW MINDED TACTICS, POP RADAR, WAIT FOR NOE RAID.

Sheesh, you'd think he got kicked out of a bishop squad or something with all that anger.  Sad.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 08:16:01 PM »
What cracks me up is that some people actually think there is a difference between how each country plays...They all have done the same things..horde, roll bases, come in with alt, just wanna furball etc
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »
This is true.  From my days in another squad, we thought we would report a guy for playing in a way we thought was unfair (a CV thing). 

We learned very quickly that, that is not what the report feature is for.  Do NOT push that button for game play...

We learned a tough love lesson that month...   Be warned!

On the other hand.  Simply report it and let them look into it.  They are more than fair when it comes to this issue.

:rock   

Peer pressure might be the only way to limit spying. I don't think HT has the ability to stop it even if he wanted to, which is really unfortunate: having (or simply believing that!) your mission was jumped due to a spy report takes a huge chunk of fun out of the game. The two or three known (well, okay, "believed-by-me," but I'm very anti-paranoia) regular spies do seem to limit their presence and behavior when they're called out on it. Maybe more condemnation on country would help.

Offline Grin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 09:56:55 PM »
Being able to shoot the spies in their face when they're reporting you to the enemy sure would help.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 10:31:13 PM »
Maybe all you worried about spies types should approach the game differently.

Why not out skill the other guy or hit them in the face while they are trying to stop you.  Since no on really dies, it would seem that actual cartoon conflict would be the point of the game instead of avoiding it at all costs. :aok

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 01:51:05 AM »
In my opinion the cries of Spies and Shades hurts this game so much more than what little spying or shading is really happening that it isn't really comparable.  You folks who diminish your opponents skills and efforts because you failed are taking away from the game, not adding to it.

I know one thing for an absolute fact, the spying and shading is happening a lot less than you think.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 04:59:45 AM »
Peer pressure might be the only way to limit spying. I don't think HT has the ability to stop it even if he wanted to, which is really unfortunate: having (or simply believing that!) your mission was jumped due to a spy report takes a huge chunk of fun out of the game. The two or three known (well, okay, "believed-by-me," but I'm very anti-paranoia) regular spies do seem to limit their presence and behavior when they're called out on it. Maybe more condemnation on country would help.

This is one of the most hurtful (to the game) advices I have heard in a long time.

Why? Because 9 out of 10 "spy" accusations are as all those countless "cheat" and "hack" accusations clogging up all communication channels these days. I got myself accused of using shades or similar illicit means hundreds of times. Literally. Never there was any substance to it. Ever.
Once ago I was amused by this, thinking "it's just jerks, laugh & squelch em". But it's not limited to PM's. You get 'called out' on 200 and of course on their country channel. Again and again and again.
Each time a NOE mission fails or a CV gets sunk a tad farther out at sea there will be the usual kneejerk reaction of "SPIEZ!".
Find the M3 in your whiteflagged town? "You could never ever know I was there, there was no GV spawn! CHEATER". As if you would not shoot at an m3 just because you were actually looking for a landing goon. OR as if never ever someone did that "GV stunt without spawn" before   :rolleyes:

These days, new players learn that spies and hackers are everywhere in Aces High. Your goon get's shot down? Spy!. Your tank round glances off? Hacker! Bish won the war? HTC bias. (You just wonder why the same people spreading that stuff day by day also keep playing day by day.
It's not isolated nonsense anymore, and for sure it's no longer funny at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 06:23:34 AM »
This is one of the most hurtful (to the game) advices I have heard in a long time.

Why? Because 9 out of 10 "spy" accusations are as all those countless "cheat" and "hack" accusations clogging up all communication channels these days. I got myself accused of using shades or similar illicit means hundreds of times. Literally. Never there was any substance to it. Ever.
Once ago I was amused by this, thinking "it's just jerks, laugh & squelch em". But it's not limited to PM's. You get 'called out' on 200 and of course on their country channel. Again and again and again.
Each time a NOE mission fails or a CV gets sunk a tad farther out at sea there will be the usual kneejerk reaction of "SPIEZ!".
Find the M3 in your whiteflagged town? "You could never ever know I was there, there was no GV spawn! CHEATER". As if you would not shoot at an m3 just because you were actually looking for a landing goon. OR as if never ever someone did that "GV stunt without spawn" before   :rolleyes:

These days, new players learn that spies and hackers are everywhere in Aces High. Your goon get's shot down? Spy!. Your tank round glances off? Hacker! Bish won the war? HTC bias. (You just wonder why the same people spreading that stuff day by day also keep playing day by day.
This
 In huge flashing light, bold type massive font. Very well said.
 :aok

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 06:40:21 AM »

And it's not necessarily confined to new players. Almost daily, I hear on range, and read on country channel the same things Snailman refers to here...being put forth by vets who've been around long enough to know better.