Author Topic: Hunting Season!!!  (Read 5709 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Hunting Season!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 07:34:01 PM »
 I cannot tell a lie yes we did he eat him   :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »
I had a USAFA dorm roomie from Alaska who would usually take a moose each year.  He said quite a bit of the meat was pretty strong so he'd grind it up in a mix with beef and have enough mooseburger patties for most of the year.  He had some shipped out and cooked them up in our dorm room... The whole floor smelled like mooseburgers for a couple days and our room smelled for a couple weeks.  We eventually had a dorm inspection and washed/sanitized every surface and everything made of fabric in the room, and that finally got rid of *most* of the mooseburger smell.

He was the happiest kid in the dorms for those 2 weeks though.  He intentionally flunked out so he could go home, that's how much he missed his mooseburgers.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 08:28:07 AM »
Lol...knucklehead

My favorite is grilling the tender loins to rare/mdrare   Lay them on top of home made garlic mashed potatoes.......top with a 1/4" slice of REAL mozzarella (don't melt keep cold) a big slice of roasted red pepper and drizzle it with a balsamic reduction that has a touch of cooked down raspberrys   

It's crazy good
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 12:58:05 PM »
I like moose hunting in Newfoundland. No they arent the trophies of Alaska but they are nice animals and the hunt is affordable. Best of all they stuff themselves on blueberries, the woodland caribou too, and they taste delicious because of it. The woodland caribou is a handsome mount. They dont have the racks of the barren ground ones but they have nice head gear and beautiful white in the cape. A Lovely cape and mount.

These types that condemn trophy hunting? Do you think they ever wonder where that nice custom leather interior of their car came from? Or their shiny new boots? Or their man purses? I wonder, is there much of a difference between putting a dead animal on the wall or wearing one?

I know only one helps keep wild animals protected with habitat to live on.

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »
Lol...knucklehead

My favorite is grilling the tender loins to rare/mdrare   Lay them on top of home made garlic mashed potatoes.......top with a 1/4" slice of REAL mozzarella (don't melt keep cold) a big slice of roasted red pepper and drizzle it with a balsamic reduction that has a touch of cooked down raspberrys   

It's crazy good

inner loin is the absolute best!!!!!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 10:24:23 PM »
Sighted in one of my rifles at the gun club today (Remington 7mm Express- 280 round) Grouped 5 within 1 inches at 300 yards after some scope tweaking.

I might actually travel back to brother's in Montana this fall to hunt for the first time in 10 years.  :t  Okay, I can dream can't I? Fall football, Fall National Lacrosse travel team... )

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 11:21:17 AM »
inner loin is the absolute best!!!!!

Agreed 100%
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 10:55:19 PM »
Sighted in one of my rifles at the gun club today (Remington 7mm Express- 280 round) Grouped 5 within 1 inches at 300 yards after some scope tweaking.

I might actually travel back to brother's in Montana this fall to hunt for the first time in 10 years.  :t  Okay, I can dream can't I? Fall football, Fall National Lacrosse travel team... )

Got any pictures? How do you measure your groups?

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 04:44:48 AM »

How do you like that caliber? 
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 07:39:10 AM »
I cannot tell a lie yes we did he eat him   :aok

Murderer!

Do you have any pics of said dinner?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 07:45:50 AM »
I had a USAFA dorm roomie from Alaska who would usually take a moose each year.  He said quite a bit of the meat was pretty strong so he'd grind it up in a mix with beef and have enough mooseburger patties for most of the year.  He had some shipped out and cooked them up in our dorm room... The whole floor smelled like mooseburgers for a couple days and our room smelled for a couple weeks.  We eventually had a dorm inspection and washed/sanitized every surface and everything made of fabric in the room, and that finally got rid of *most* of the mooseburger smell.

He was the happiest kid in the dorms for those 2 weeks though.  He intentionally flunked out so he could go home, that's how much he missed his mooseburgers.

I just read this. That's funny stuff right there! LOL!

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 08:50:04 AM »
Murderer!

Do you have any pics of said dinner?

No but I do have more Tenderloins :)   Ill upload pics, If you give me a good Pie recipie....Vension Pie   MMMMMMMMMMMM
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »
Just to spoil your appetite ...  :D
Meat transfers  the suffering and fear of the animals to the consumers, It's also bad karma. Empathy for all living beings raises the consciousness and purifies the spirit! Chimps love meat and are brutal, aggressive, and dangerous. Bonobos are vegetarian and are playful, loving and gentle. Chimps resolve conflict with angry force, bonobos with sex.
Stress is a signaled response, triggered by the release of cortisol, a process we share with other mammals. Dying cells also send out chemical signals to communicate distress. Animal meat is full of these.
 The death of an animal is the equivalent of a cortisol orgasm, cortisol release continues for 15-20 minutes after death, and by the time the meat is completely dead, almost every cell would have released distress chemicals. What do you think happens when you eat the meat?

"This wholesale slaughter of animals is not necessary to prevent us from starving. Moreover, it is economically extravagant and ethically reprehensible. Most seriously, however, animal killing violates the universal law of karma, which is similar to the modern scientific principle of action and reaction."

"..the law of karma insures that those who cause violence and suffering to other living beings must themselves experience equivalent violence and suffering - immediately or in the future."

"Karma and Reincarnation" http://www.harekrishna.com/col/books/VEG/ht/karma.html

yogi explaining this philosophy ;

The Chinese have a breast cancer and prostate cancer rate of around 1-2 per 10,000. The US rate for breast and prostate cancer is around 2 IN 10!

Why are Americans getting cancer THOUSANDS of times more often then the Chinese? When the Chinese move to America, they get cancer at the same rate as Americans do.

milk and dairy ,#1 suspect; 70% of world population is instinctively allergic to lactose;
http://www.united-chiropractic.org/files...CANCER.pdf
we are the only creature consuming milk from other mammal;
None of us is going to make it alive from this trip on Earth, but this book can help delay death, especially if already passed Men..opause age; :)

http://www.amazon.com/The-China-Study-Comprehensive-Implications/dp/1932100660

Dr. Ellsworth Wareham - cardiothoracic surgeon 100 years old vegan

sugar;
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:30:29 PM by ghi »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 12:37:35 PM »
Yogi can frack off and the reason you dont see any birds, cats, or dogs in China is cause they ate them all. I think its swell the Chinese have such healthy breasts and crap holes tho I dont know what good it does when your national life expectancy is 101'st in the world out of 224 countries.

Im so tired of hearing about this GD Cecil I'd like to take my .375 HH and whack him myself. How many thousands of kids you think starved in Africa, or were murdered, since Cecil got whacked? Who speaks for them?

Who spoke for the white farmers who got robbed of their farms and thrown out by that Loon Mugabe who then went on to destroy a wild life Gem of a country by letting his cronies poach and get rich selling the meat and horns? And these fanatics here want to extradite some poor dentist to one of the most corrupt countries in the world for a supposed hunting violation and the bunch who would judge him were also the bunch who profited from the hunt?

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »
Everyone knows trophy hunting is wrong... if you eat all the meat than it is not trophy hunting.....
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear