Author Topic: Patch 73  (Read 1028 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Patch 73
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 09:24:51 AM »
Using TrackIR and looking to rear side view shows a cloud layer rotating with head movement. I don't see it when using hat or keypad views, snap or pan.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »
Still noticed that when I view outside the cockpit in the 10 oclock position, that the gamma seems to rise, until I return to the front view or any other view. At that position it returns to the original setting. It does not do this when Post Lighting is disabled.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 07:44:59 PM »
That is intentional

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 08:40:14 PM »
Was wondering bout that as well................

:salute

Went on Microsoft's site & reloaded Directx 9.0c runtime again then ran the Alpha again & all arenas workied just fine but when I tried the Europe arena again I got the "ahalpha.exe has stopped working" error again so it's not a Directx issue...........

Running out of ideas from my end...........

:headscratch:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:56:39 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Was wondering bout that as well................

:salute

Went on Microsoft's site & reloaded Directx 9.0c runtime again then ran the Alpha again & all arenas workied just fine but when I tried the Europe arena again I got the "ahalpha.exe has stopped working" error again so it's not a Directx issue...........

Running out of ideas from my end...........

Sounds a lot like a bug in my system

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 10:21:59 PM »
Went back & tried to go into the Europe arena again & when the popup came up that asks if you want to resume the download I hit "no" just to see what would happen.......got the same error again as I would if I hit "yes"..................

FYI.......................... ...

Only have experienced 2 other issues w/ Alpha in the past..........1 was on my end w/ running TransAA at the driver level, the 2nd a reinstall of Directx 9.0c fixed it, so since this is the 3rd issue for me does this mean that I have to go stand in the corner & count to 500?

:D
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »
patch 72, game would not exit without entering task manager
patch 73, Europe map gets a crash trying to load map. alpha.exe.................... ...
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 06:36:51 PM »
Went in Capture the Flag arena today & checked graphics settings in Graphics Detail................

Reset the EM slider from All back to 1 (had did this yesterday testing..........).....

Noticed that the screen flickered when I clicked on this setting so for grins I clicked on the slider bars of the other settings & noticed the screen also flickered when I did this...............

I have never noted this behavior in the Alpha before.........

When I clicked on the checkboxes I did not see a screen flicker..........only when I clicked on the slider bars.

Went on the runway & noted the clouds are back & also noted the FPS dropping approx. 15-16 FPS from 59-60 (44-45 FPS).

Went back to tower then hit quit & game cycled to the arena selection section but my screen had froze on the tower section & would not move.......I could hear the AH music in the background but the screen graphics were stuck on the tower graphics.

So I hit the 3 fingered salute (Ctrl+Alt+Del) & before I could pick any of the selections I heard the AH music stop playing (as if the game had shut down fully) so I hit cancel & sure enough the Alpha had shut down....no error messages at all.

I went right back into the game to the same arena. to the tower screen then right on the runway, looked around then back to the tower screen w/o a hitch then hit the quit button & all shut down then w/o a hitch...........?

Folks, unless I'm missing something & am off base here it seems to me that there is something about the new cloud coding that is throwing things off kilter as when it is present I strat seeing some weird behavior on my box.........when the new cloud coding isn't present in the arena I note no issues happening...................

This seems to be most prevalent when my box 1st loads the new cloud coding......after this then it appears to settle down & operate OK......?

I just had a thought..................... :old:

I just found out recently, thru messing around w/ my vid card's driver settings thru CCC while flying AHII, that the driver is applying driver-level AA method setting even though I have the driver set to "use the application settings" setting for AA Mode & AA Sampling.
The AA method settings (multisampling(MSAA), adaptive multisampling(CFAA), supersampling(SSAA)) are still being applied to the graphics (I noted this thru flying around in AHII at a certain airfield where a LOT of action was happening then exit the game & look at my AB graphs of my vid card's vitals--I noticed the GPU usage% dropped or rose according to the driver AA method level selected, even though I had the driver AA Mode & Sampling settings set to "Use Application Settings".......
Thru the same method I also know that the driver AA Mode & Sampling settings "Use Application Settings" are active as I could lower & raise the AA level in AH Video Settings & note the GPU usage% following these settings as well............

So what I might be seeing is a code clash between the Alpha code trying to tell the driver to render 1 way vs the driver code's setting trying to render another...................may be due to a break in the AMD code stream that should turn off any driver-level AA when the AA Mode is set to "Use Application Settings"....

I can't test this due to the CCC not providing a setting in the AA method selection menu to turn off driver-level AA so the driver HAS to still be applying some driver-level AA & this could be the culprit..........?

I know y'all have just fully enabled FXAA in the Alpha which is post processing shader applied AA & so it should not be an issue........................ ..but y'all also did remove the AA slider in Video Settings........this game coding is what the vid card driver was reading, right? Maybe an issue here......................... ..........?

Something you might check for..........................

PS--If this is crazy thinking then just put me in a corner along w/ a case of beer......................... A&W, please?
 :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:15:19 PM by Pudgie »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2015, 09:11:25 PM »
That is intentional

Ok, I just thought it was some kind of bug.  :banana:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »
No problems updating, could log on all arenas and also log out without issues.

Took a look at all planes in CV hangars on Mission Arena. It looks like almost all of them sink more or less into the deck! On C13 (bish) many of them had one or more rolling wheels, a feature I could not reproduce on other CV's where they were sunk into the deck. On some planes the wheels seemed to roll backwards, on others forth.  The CV's I checked were C13, C20, C31, C41, C54 and C62, plus the British one on the Europe map. The planes and vehicles that looked perfectly OK:
B29
B5N2
Bf 110's both
C-47
C.202
C.205
D3A1
I16
Il2
Jagdpanther
La-5
La-7
M18
Me 163
Panther G
PT Boat
Seafire
Spitfire Mk V
Spitfire Mk XIV
Tiger II

M4's, M8 and Sherman were otherwise OK except for their wheels were rolling on C13, the track staying in place.

Hurricanes, P51D and SeaHurri were levitating a couple of inches above the deck based on their shadow.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »
Patch 72 installed ok (did not try running it as straight upgraded to 73).
Patch 73 installed ok.  Opens ok, trying to download Europe map causes crash to desktop.  Trying to load any other arena causes the screen to stall at "Loading textures" and go to black screen and back again repeatedly without further loading.  Very difficult to end task.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 02:36:58 PM »
so today I uninstalled the alpha and downloaded the entire alpha thru 73 and reinstalled.

I still cannot load the euro map server, ctd.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:38:50 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 03:06:38 PM »
so today I uninstalled the alpha and downloaded the entire alpha thru 73 and reinstalled.

I still cannot load the euro map server, ctd.

See post with a link to the eur2015 terrain.

Is a downloader bug at the moment.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 03:18:39 PM »
Online Europe

Taking off in B24's, on climbout noticed the elevators on the lead bomber indicating "up" while the drones did not. When I leveled off, lead bomber elevators responded and everything look fine. Minor issue just thought you might want to know.

Also noticed that when you are in the bombardier position, selecting "U" does not switch you from looking straight down to calibrated position or back to straight down again.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 03:29:30 PM »
with textures down to 1000's number used video memory is below 500 for my settings but the shadows are blocky, mixed with the nervous shake of the shadows the trees shadows become psychoticly annoying and is a distraction in the cockpit.  at 4000's textures the shadows are not so blocky and the nervous twitch seems to be slowed.