Author Topic: Hitech misunderstanding..  (Read 1681 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Hitech misunderstanding..
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 09:50:01 PM »
Where in my comment is it apparent that I don't know the common usage of the word archaic?  Stirring the pot I may have been but jumping to unfounded conclusions I was not.

You have a PM.  :D

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 03:53:08 AM »
HT, he only wanted to give an advice to make your product better.
Your reaction is just not what i would expect.
AoM
City of ice

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 09:09:07 AM »
I don't see someone calling my hanger view system archaic as simply wanting to make the game better

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »
I don't see someone calling my hanger view system archaic as simply wanting to make the game better

can you admit you may have been wrong in your assumption?

I absolutely believe if we can view the plane up close in the Hanger...as a player and not a skinner(I really hate that word) IE not having to use the Skin viewer....

people would enjoy that...I certainly would.

it takes nothing away from the game but adds to it....

so yes I was asking to make the game better....
you chose to take it as an insult.

I am a stickler when it comes to respect and Honor....they fall right below Truth and Love as being the most important things to me....

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 11:37:47 AM »
Ink since I stuck up for you let me disagree. You chose a word that I found insulting.  Obviously I didn't take it personally, I didn't choose that interpretation, it's what the word means in common usage. When you insult somebody inadvertently it's not their fault for feeling insulted. I'm not talking about micro aggression BS.  Hitech didn't assume and react, he simply told you he was insulted. This created an opportunity for you to apologize. Instead you prate about honor and respect. It's disappointing.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 11:52:26 AM »
Perhaps there should be two separate areas; Hangar View, like current view to select planes and loadouts, and a new Plane View, where you can choose a paint job and have full 360 view with zoom.

My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 11:53:30 AM »
Ink since I stuck up for you let me disagree. You chose a word that I found insulting.  Obviously I didn't take it personally, I didn't choose that interpretation, it's what the word means in common usage. When you insult somebody inadvertently it's not their fault for feeling insulted. I'm not talking about micro aggression BS.  Hitech didn't assume and react, he simply told you he was insulted. This created an opportunity for you to apologize. Instead you prate about honor and respect. It's disappointing.

I did apologize for him taking it wrong.

I absolutely disagree with you on this..... "When you insult somebody inadvertently it's not their fault for feeling insulted"

of course it is their fault for feeling insulted....wow man..

'Prate about Honor and respect"

really one sentence I am prating?????

if I wanted to insult him I would not do out the side of my neck..hidden in certainly NOT common words.. I would just insult him clear and precise.

that was my point about Honor...I would not hide an insult in words...I call that "talking out the side of your neck" and that is something I do not do.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »
Perhaps there should be two separate areas; Hangar View, like current view to select planes and loadouts, and a new Plane View, where you can choose a paint job and have full 360 view with zoom.

more for no point...the Hanger is a perfect place for it...

click on the plane it becomes the focal point...click on fuel it does...click on ammo it does...or something along those lines.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »

I did apologize for him taking it wrong.

I saw where you said he took it wrong. I missed the apology.

I absolutely disagree with you on this..... "When you insult somebody inadvertently it's not their fault for feeling insulted"

of course it is their fault for feeling insulted....wow man..

I think it's clear that you don't control how you feel.  No point arguing about it.
We'll just prove the point.  :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:25:31 PM by FLS »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 12:30:29 PM »

I think it's clear that you don't control how you feel.  No point arguing about it.
We'll just prove the point.  :D

what?????

I blame no one for what I feel.... if I am insulted by what someone "says"...that's on me not them...especially if it is an assumed insult and not an actual insult....

I am archaic....because I just don't understand how people can be offended by what one says (unless that person is someone they love)....and then to blame THAT person for your feelings....

FLS you have it backwards...your thoughts... your feelings.....your actions..... are yours and yours alone....

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 12:40:57 PM »

what?????

I blame no one for what I feel.... if I am insulted by what someone "says"...that's on me not them...especially if it is an assumed insult and not an actual insult....

I am archaic....because I just don't understand how people can be offended by what one says (unless that person is someone they love)....and then to blame THAT person for your feelings....

FLS you have it backwards...your thoughts... your feelings.....your actions..... are yours and yours alone....

I have no idea where you are getting blame from.  Feelings come from chemicals in your brain as a result of some stimulation. I don't think we're exactly communicating here.  :D

I agree that you choose how you act. If the insult seems intended you might point it out to find out if it was intentional. The feeling of insult would not be chosen, just the verbal response that an insult was perceived is chosen.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 12:42:26 PM »
get back, Loretta!  Your mommy's waiting for you

Y'all should consider dropping this.... :bolt:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 12:56:32 PM »
get back, Loretta!  Your mommy's waiting for you

Y'all should consider dropping this.... :bolt:

TC

Ink sometimes agrees with me when he gets what I'm trying to say. But it can take a while.  :D
The point of discussion is to understand each other not to agree with everything.   :aok

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 01:05:05 PM »
I have no idea where you are getting blame from.  Feelings come from chemicals in your brain as a result of some stimulation. I don't think we're exactly communicating here.  :D

I agree that you choose how you act. If the insult seems intended you might point it out to find out if it was intentional. The feeling of insult would not be chosen, just the verbal response that an insult was perceived is chosen.

"blame" I guess I am saying if you are insulted by what someone says... you are blaming them for your being insulted... :headscratch: :rofl

I believe... I/we choose to be insulted or not....

Ink sometimes agrees with me when he gets what I'm trying to say. But it can take a while.  :D
The point of discussion is to understand each other not to agree with everything.   :aok

if I see I am wrong I will be the first to say it...and I can certainly change my mind about certain things...but there are aspects that are hard coded in who I am and that will never change.

but yes I will admit if I am wrong...I have no problem with that... :aok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2015, 01:15:37 PM »

I believe... I/we choose to be insulted or not....

And what is it that causes us to make that choice?

Is it a feeeeeeling?  :D