Author Topic: New guys.... let's not just welcome them lets go get them  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: New guys.... let's not just welcome them lets go get them
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 09:19:38 AM »
2 weeks go by, I get a call from MOM

That's a very nice story.

- oldman

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 11:01:37 AM »
Then I would question what you are selling and how you are selling it.  I am a sales professional.  I tell the truth at all times including when it is going to cost me a sale.  Customers recognize this, they are not stupid, I do not treat them like fools, I treat them with respect.  Half of my business is referrals.  My customers are never paid for their referrals.  What they do get is the knowledge that they have brought their friends and family to a place that will treat them well.  I do not specifically ask for referrals but I do have one statement I tell customers over and over. "If you choose to refer your family and friends to us, you will never have to apologize for that".  My customers do not just tell their friends and family where to go, they bring them in.  They enjoy seeing their friends and family purchasing a new motorcycle and share in their joy.

Yes, the truth does cost you a sale sometimes, but it is always the right thing to do, I'll give you an example.

I had a 20 something guy come in to buy a bike.  He was a new rider and had not even gotten his license yet.  He insisted he had to buy a CBR1000RR.  I showed him a CBR300R.  He would have nothing of it.  I showed him a CBR500R, Nope.  I told him repeatedly I was trying to sell him his first bike, not his last bike.  I explained I was trying to sell him a $4400.00 machine, not a $15,000.00 machine that I would obviously make more money on.  He was angry at the world.  He just knew he was going to be a great rider and told me "I will probably go racing on this bike, and I will win all the time".  I talked and talked and talked, trying to settle him down, to gain his respect and trust.  Nope.  We filled out a finance application for a CBR1000RR.  His credit sucked, another example of poor self control.  I told him he would need a co-signer, it had to be a relative.  He left and brought his mother in the next day.  A fine looking woman in her 40's walked in with him and I introduced myself.  She spoke well, dressed well and was driving a very nice car.  He showed impatience with our conversation.  I learned Dad was not around so she was going to help him get a bike.  She asked me to show her the bike her son wanted and he said "F'kn A Mom, you're just here to cosign, you don't need to see the ***** bike".  She said she wanted to see it anyway.  I smiled and took her to it.  "Oh, it's one of those bikes".  He swore at her again and kept pushing her to just do the paperwork.  She looked right at me and said, "I'm not so sure this is such a good idea. what do you think?".  I said "If you help your son buy this bike he will be dead in a week".  He went ballistic, I remained calm and respectful, his mom had tears in her eyes and said she wasn't going to do it.  He says in foul language, "You've just cost yourself a sale".  I told him, "Yeah, but I'm never going to have to get that phone call from your Mom, don't come back in my store unless you want to purchase a CBR300R".

2 weeks go by, I get a call from MOM who tells me she wants to come in and talk to me.  UHOH.  We set an appointment and she comes in.  She reaches in her purse and pulls out her license, showing me her brand new endorsement she just got after taking a licensing course and says, "I want to but a bike".  BIG SMILE.
:rock WTG zoney!! Got to get word of mouth going. The referral reference was a joke but I liked your testimonial.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 02:52:19 PM »
Wizz, you will find that most players of this great game do try to spread the word. I have personally been doing it for years. Most of my feed back from people I introduce to the game is negative and geared towards the dated graphics. Dale and crew are doing IMO a great job with the Alpha of the next version.  Based upon most of the same people who complained about the graphics they think it looks like a game they could get into.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »
You shoulda been in the alpha when all the fields and strat were 1000ft tall Bock Beer bottles...... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
And giant pizza and giant squids and not sure what else.  :old:   :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 08:39:48 PM »
 :cheers:
Wizz, you will find that most players of this great game do try to spread the word. I have personally been doing it for years. Most of my feed back from people I introduce to the game is negative and geared towards the dated graphics. Dale and crew are doing IMO a great job with the Alpha of the next version.  Based upon most of the same people who complained about the graphics they think it looks like a game they could get into.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 12:22:44 PM »
AH need a booth at OShkosh every august

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »
You guys realize HTC has had an affiliate program shown on the home page for many years now right?

It's under company info:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/company-info/support-affiliate

I don't see anything that says you can't sign your shade/name holder account up.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »

I don't see anything that says you can't sign your shade/name holder account up.

Congratulations?
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old: