Author Topic: MICHAEL "WHELS" KOON  (Read 1585 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: MICHAEL "WHELS" KOON
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 09:41:35 PM »
RIP Whels - flew with/against him many times - deepest condolences to his family, friends and squaddies.

To hear this news today, this just makes me very sad

:salute

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 10:29:06 PM »
I flew with Whels and remember him well. May God take him in his hands and put a joystick into his. :pray
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 12:52:32 AM »

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 02:57:39 AM »
I found out from Facebook when I saw a reminder that it was his birthday.  Very often I just click the link provided and type my birthday wishes, but on this occasion I actually visited his page to do so and was shocked to see he had passed away.  I also searched the forums here, convinced there would be some mention, but posted myself when I found none.

I had known Whels from my earliest Air Warrior days and he always made me smile when greeting me every time I logged in with a string of XOXOs.   :salute  Whels
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 04:18:51 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this. You never knew he was ill because he never complained. R.I.P. Whels.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 05:33:35 AM »
Just knowing about this after this thread. RIP whels I can remember that name....my condolences to your family and friends. Fly high  :salute
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 06:18:44 AM »
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 07:00:44 AM »
Whels shot me down quite a lot back when I first started and now he is gone  :(
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
I found out from Facebook when I saw a reminder that it was his birthday.  Very often I just click the link provided and type my birthday wishes, but on this occasion I actually visited his page to do so and was shocked to see he had passed away.  I also searched the forums here, convinced there would be some mention, but posted myself when I found none.

I had known Whels from my earliest Air Warrior days and he always made me smile when greeting me every time I logged in with a string of XOXOs.   :salute  Whels

I have / I had, shy-ed away from not having anything to do with facebook since it's inception...... but just recently have joined facebook, considering it was through Flossy how I found out about Whels' passing, along with some other friends of mine I had grown up with /went to high school with , in which other high school classmates had to inform me of, and with others pleading with me to join FB............ I finally gave in....

Without even telling anyone outside of squadmates...... some AH members have already found me / invited me to be friends or however that works...

Mayhem, I posted about Mike (Whels) on the Damned mail list a short while back and there was a good several replies to the posting, but seeing all the frequent action on the Damned FB, explains why all of us old Damned rusty nails that have withheld from joining FB, keep making posts like "is the mail list still working?" heh... 
Whels' passing snuck up on us bout the same way KGann's and Doc's passing did.... not finding out until well after the fact....at least we knew right away with Buzzard's and niff's passing....

<S>

TC / Johnny

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 11:05:48 PM »
Back in 2002 I was new to the game and a good marriage. Third time was the charm. So I dropped my account several times to go to AH rehab. Never took, but each time I came back I was born in a different Country. Every time I landed Knights (I think?)I was impresses by the call to arms of Whels. That guy was all in. A real leader.   :salute
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 06:08:06 AM »
<S> Whels! good guy and always up for the game
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 06:17:59 AM »
I always liked whels and the list of people I like is very short.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 07:29:05 AM »
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST