Author Topic: Patch 75  (Read 4119 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 75
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2015, 11:28:05 AM »
What arena, and was it a clean entry or did you exit an arena and enter a different one? Or exting off line?

HiTech

On my end, the sequence was:

-Start game.
-Enter Europe server.
-Download terrain.
-Weird blueness, inability to switch fields or do much of anything, TCP/UDP message.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Enter Mission server.
-Weird blueness, inability to switch fields or do much of anything, TCP/UDP message.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Switched offline terrain to europe2015.
-Opened fine, full functionality, graphics looked fine.
-Flew around a bit.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Enter Europe server.
-Graphics looked correct, inability to switch fields or do much of anything, TCP/UDP message.
-Closed program.
-Opened program.
-Went straight into Europe server.
-Weird blue graphics, inability to switch fields or do much of anything, TCP/UDP message.
-Wife ack resulted in switching to another task.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2015, 11:55:56 AM »

-Start game.
-Enter Europe server.
-Download terrain.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Enter Mission server.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Flew around a bit.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Enter Europe server.
-Graphics looked correct, inability to switch fields or do much of anything, TCP/UDP message.
-Closed program.
-Opened program.
-Weird blue graphics, inability to switch fields or do much of anything, TCP/UDP message.

Wiley.

Like Wiley, and I can't recall which arena failed, but I tested a few hours ago, and was able to successfully join a mission in the Mission Arena.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2015, 12:09:10 PM »
One other tidbit-  By "not being able to do much of anything", I couldn't go into hangar, couldn't go into O'club.  Could get into settings, or other stuff that only happens on the clipboard.  It just seemed anything that switches locations in the game from the tower didn't work.

One other tidbit- I recently went from an ATI 5770 to an R9 380, but I deleted video8.cfg and redid my video settings before the above sequence.  That was the only thing I did with this game though.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »
Have uninstalled and reinstalled the alpha yet since the new video card? Did you do the same thing with your AMD video drivers?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2015, 02:01:07 PM »
I have similar issues Bustr and all I did was upgrade the version as I have all the others. Funny it works offline fine but online is no go.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »
Mine is a mid range 6000 series and I'm using "14.12 AMD Catalyst" drivers. I don't get the flashes of black screen flickers if I keep my ram speed below 1300Mhz and insure very good cooling. At 80-87C I've seen that flickering offline testing the clouds but, my ram speed was above 1300. I'm not sure which AMD drivers Hitech is developing the alpha against when he tests for our problems. You might also turn of AMD Tessellation since what I read appears like it has to specifically be written for to leverage it. I picked up a few FPS when I turned it off.

The alpha seems to run my card hot even with OC turned off. I've had to build a fan bank into the case to keep the temp in the 70'sC during heavy activity.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »

-Start game.
-Enter Europe server.
-Download terrain.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Enter Mission server.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Flew around a bit.
-Hit Quit on clipboard.
-Enter Europe server.
-Closed program.
-Opened program.

Wiley.

Had the same problem with the blueish graphics and inability to do anything.

Was flying in the Capture the flag arena, got a lost UDP. Had to Alt F4 out. Brought alpha back up and re-enterd Capture the flag arena, and got the weird graphics. Tried leaving and going into the mission arena, and had the same graphics problem.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2015, 03:42:09 PM »
Have uninstalled and reinstalled the alpha yet since the new video card? Did you do the same thing with your AMD video drivers?

Didn't uninstall/reinstall the alpha, but did uninstall/reinstall graphics drivers.  I got the card a little while ago, it appeared to run the alpha ok at that point, but I think that was before a lot of the post stuff came in.  I will try a reinstall of the alpha first and assess, if no change I will redo my drivers again and see.

What's a good free driver cleaner, folks?

Wiley.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2015, 04:03:28 PM »
I like DDU

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2015, 04:08:43 PM »
Obliged.  I have not switched cards in an existing machine since driver cleaners became more of a thing, and I have been a bit leery of freeware as far as what's good and what's malware these days.  I will try the alpha client first, then drivers.  Actually just for grins I think I will try a reboot first.  It's been a while and I've been playing some fairly graphic intensive new games lately.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
FWIW I hadn't changed a thing either hardware or software or settings between versions.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »
I had the same issues as Wiley when I tried to log into the Europe online server. Ran fine offline but it would not connect online for some reason.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2015, 06:48:48 PM »
1845 CDT.  I have the same issue across all four arenas.  Can log in.  All that is visible is the tower glass.  The rest of the screen is a blue gray color. 

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2015, 06:58:18 PM »
Ok here's what I did to get proper display online.

I went online to see if maybe it was something that reset itself. It didn't. Still had all blue stuck in tower. Same deal with the buttons.

Went offline. It's fine. Loaded the beta2 terrain. It loaded up fine. Quit.

Try online. Europe terrain. It loads normally. But..... While I was typing this I lost host connection.

Try another online login.... Back to the blue!

Go offline. Load ndisles. Loads normally. Quit.

Back online. Try mission arena. Loads normally. Queue time has short quick buzz saw pattern. Switched to TCP. Lost host connection in a little over a minute.

Will try this a few more times.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"