Author Topic: Lost UDP Patch 76  (Read 315 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Lost UDP Patch 76
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:13:40 AM »
Receiving the "Lost UDP switching to TCP" message immediately upon entering arenas.  Exited to main menu and went back to online, and tried again.  Message appeared immediately again.  I thought it was fixed in this patch, sorry if I misread and post was unnecessary.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Lost UDP Patch 76
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:33:52 AM »
Receiving the "Lost UDP switching to TCP" message immediately upon entering arenas.  Exited to main menu and went back to online, and tried again.  Message appeared immediately again.  I thought it was fixed in this patch, sorry if I misread and post was unnecessary.

It is fixed but a new one was introduced. It wont appear if you enter an arena when first starting AH. If you simply exit an arean and reenter it will happen.

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 09:02:00 AM »
I believe it is a new(er) bug, as I didn't get it until I went into the AvA arena.  After that, exiting back to the splash screen (choices of offline / online, etc.) and re-entering online and then mission arena, still gave me lost UDP.

Until, you get confirmation from others, it could actually be my connection (although showing between 47 to 78 ping).

My daughter has been in a tug of war with bandwidth, and I am holding off setting the hammer down, for more important issues.  Sorry to say Dale, they do grow up.......... :confused:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 09:09:52 AM »
I believe it is a new(er) bug, as I didn't get it until I went into the AvA arena.  After that, exiting back to the splash screen (choices of offline / online, etc.) and re-entering online and then mission arena, still gave me lost UDP.

Until, you get confirmation from others, it could actually be my connection (although showing between 47 to 78 ping).

My daughter has been in a tug of war with bandwidth, and I am holding off setting the hammer down, for more important issues.  Sorry to say Dale, they do grow up.......... :confused:

Chilli I said it happens every time when changing arena in the post above. And should never happen when you enter an arena when starting ah.

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »
Yep, I stand corrected and misunderstood.  Works fine if I go back to the desktop and launch again.  Could that also be the reason that I see my "ghost" number in an arena's population after I leave that arena?  (Arena population stuck at 1 after I leave the arena). 

Guess I am  :noid overly suspicious of my daughter's bandwidth usage.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »
Yep, I stand corrected and misunderstood.  Works fine if I go back to the desktop and launch again.  Could that also be the reason that I see my "ghost" number in an arena's population after I leave that arena?  (Arena population stuck at 1 after I leave the arena). 

Guess I am  :noid overly suspicious of my daughter's bandwidth usage.

The 1 is simply do to a refresh rate of the population.

HiTech