Author Topic: Put A Limit Of Three Days On Large Maps  (Read 660 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Put A Limit Of Three Days On Large Maps
« on: September 27, 2015, 02:12:25 PM »
When a large map is reconfigured by the Mud Movers many of the good battles are removed from the terrain in the first day of action. Sometimes it happens in the first few hours. As soon as fields are captured near the enemy strats,  the usefulness of the terrain is gone.  Many log off when their City, HQ, AAA has been taken down repeatedly. Most of the Terrains were designed to offer fun for all whether the player likes Furballs, GV'ing, Buffing, PT Boating, and so forth. Large maps lasting one week are boring. They are only fun when they first start out. Terrains should have furball alleys where fighter pilots can find quick action with a relative short flight. GV'ers like short drives where spawns run into other country spawns. Bomber pilots like high alt fields. Those are some of the examples we see in the good terrains.

My favorite map is CraterMA. Your favorite might be Tagma. OzKansas, or SmPizza. Everyone has a map they like the best and we all want to see our favorite map more often. I see this as a solution that can please everyone instead of removing the large maps from the rotation.  I would also like to see the Trinity Terrain come back if the bugs can be worked out.

For my last point, I would like to see FesterMA taken out of the rotation until the bugs are fixed (ie the dar bars). Field A21 should be deleted as well. A21 is a big mistake.

Respectfully requesting Sir !

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Put A Limit Of Three Days On Large Maps
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:44:23 AM »
7 days of back and forth on the same map is an awfully long time.  Depending on the timing it comes up, it can wind up feeling like it's up for 2 weekends in a row if you play Sunday the first and Saturday the next.  If it's a map you're not fond of, that can be kind of disheartening.

I think 4 days would be a better number, personally.  Enough time to have some good back and forth on a big map, but won't ever run over 2 weekends of playtime.

Mano- The bardar thing was an intentional choice by Fester, btw.  I have no idea what it was supposedly accomplishing, but he did that on purpose.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 02:00:14 PM »
I thought it's been rather fun, though.  The best fights I've had in a long, long time were on this map. 
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »
7 days of back and forth on the same map is an awfully long time.  Depending on the timing it comes up, it can wind up feeling like it's up for 2 weekends in a row if you play Sunday the first and Saturday the next.  If it's a map you're not fond of, that can be kind of disheartening.

I think 4 days would be a better number, personally.  Enough time to have some good back and forth on a big map, but won't ever run over 2 weekends of playtime.

Mano- The bardar thing was an intentional choice by Fester, btw.  I have no idea what it was supposedly accomplishing, but he did that on purpose.

Wiley.

If you're talking about bardar color it was not intentional.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 08:26:17 PM »
One thing that would help some, would be to tie the auto ack accuracy to the ENY. As the ENY goes up the accuracy of the opposing teams auto ack goes up.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »
I quite enjoy festerma. Every aspect of the game can be had right at hand, and you cam change as you like. Fights generally low alt too. And the dar bar isn't really that difficult, just a lack of color. The layout of them is the same as if they were red and green.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 09:29:29 PM »
If you're talking about bardar color it was not intentional.

Ok, I stand corrected, my apologies.  Could swear I'd read that in one of his last posts before he left, but can't find it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 10:05:12 PM »

I personally don't mind most of the big maps being up for days. I try to avoid furballs, and really only get involved in them during base defense. The large maps allow me to find bases with little to no action, and pork or deack until 1 or 2 players up to challenge me, which usually leads to some very good fights. As long as I don't have to fly too far to get to an enemy field i'm happy with big maps living out their allotted time.

except for FESTERMA !  I hate this map with a passion !! The darbar is buggy as hell ! I don't know how a map can mess with the darbar function, but consistently I find my self cruising at 10k, NO DARBAR in sector or adjacent sectors, and then all of a sudden I spot 2 cons diving down on me. The terrain is messed up, if you don't have the eye candy turned on, you find yourself driving into invisible water, And for some reason my FR crashes to 5-6 fps at the worst possible moments. (this has also been mentioned by MANY other players) combined with easy HQ milk runs, and resupp bases a sector and a half away....  ugh I could go on for hours !

Whoever tested and approved FesterMa should be forced to Room with Skyrr & Ruaml for a year !    :D
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 11:09:28 PM »
Ok, I stand corrected, my apologies.  Could swear I'd read that in one of his last posts before he left, but can't find it.

Wiley.

He said in our forum it worked fine when he submitted it so no idea why it's the way it is.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 11:14:00 PM »
I always felt there should be a 24 hour minimum and a 72 hour maximum for all maps. That way everyone gets to play on their favorite map before its reset and no map is up so long that it becomes rediculous
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 02:24:38 AM »
Mano, you are just talKing Crazy again! For the last time..You take the red pill twice a day and the blue pill 4 times a day! Stop switching your meds. :devil :neener: :neener: :aok
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »
You better be careful Scotty........you might get M-8'd while in a Perked Ride.   You never know who is lurking out there.  :D :D

I would agree to four days with a large map. A few updates ago the strats would move when certain areas were conquered by
an opposing country. Maybe we will see that again in the new version of AH.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 07:08:04 PM »
You better be careful Scotty........you might get M-8'd while in a Perked Ride.   You never know who is lurking out there.  :D :D

I would agree to four days with a large map. A few updates ago the strats would move when certain areas were conquered by
an opposing country. Maybe we will see that again in the new version of AH.

keep that m8 away from my t2!!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait