Author Topic: Creation of terrain textures  (Read 2648 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Creation of terrain textures
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 09:22:28 AM »
Right, I guess. The default clutter is supposed to be in the built terrain. We can't modify it yet.

hehe, the OE didn't like it when I tried to force it to build a clutter set. Nice recovery! Now I'm thinking about what that would look like.

By clutter do you mean tree type stuff or grass.

For clutter/grass you can modify both the clutter it's self and what type and where on the terrain. Also the selection of type to random what type.

For trees you can not change the basic tree set / city building stuff but you can modify there placement on terrain tiles and square objects.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
By clutter do you mean tree type stuff or grass.

For clutter/grass you can modify both the clutter it's self and what type and where on the terrain. Also the selection of type to random what type.

For trees you can not change the basic tree set / city building stuff but you can modify there placement on terrain tiles and square objects.

HiTech

By clutter, I always mean trees, building and grass as opposed to a bare ground type tile. Anything that obstructs your view or movement.

I get that we can't change the tree set, , but do you also mean we can't add user's custom objects to tiles? Keep in mind I won't know how my idea will look until I try it...  I was thinking of very short LOD screening saplings in the 100 to 200 feet visible range for GV battles with compensating aerial views, pictures of denser forest scenes on the diffuse ground tile. I have in mind no-collide 2D objects to infill certain tiles, forest and jungle. At ground level, twenty or thirty feet high saplings etc. don't need to sway in the breeze. If it doesn't work, it wouldn't be the first time I've tried something that failed.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »
You will not be able to add custom objects to the tile set. But you will be able to place the existing items. Any thing listed as trees under the object editor.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 05:42:29 PM »
You will not be able to add custom objects to the tile set. But you will be able to place the existing items. Any thing listed as trees under the object editor.

HiTech
Thanks (runs off to cry)  ;)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2015, 01:31:15 AM »
Dang, there goes my hopes to keep snow covered trees on winter terrains.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 01:45:54 AM »
Perhaps HTC could add some snow covered trees to the existing set.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 02:34:38 AM »
The trees were brought in from somewhere else and have a copyright on them, so no editing of them.  To get around that, I was hoping for some static winter trees made in AC3D to get around that, but that's not going to be allowed either.  Bah!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 05:39:57 AM »
a big disappointment .
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:41:38 AM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 08:19:58 AM »
The skys not falling....

So far, all we've done is a pac tree set  and a european tree set. we only have terrsets 0-3 right now.
If you guys are bored, you can go here and browse: https://store.speedtree.com/product-category/visual_effects/trees-v6/

If you want, it would be nice to have a list of about 5-6 tree types for different terrains / season. Ill let the botanist side of you guys pick out trees for terrains. Ex: North Africa / Mediterranean, Europe winter, ect.... Just call it a wishlist for now as we are busy on other things, but we do plan on having other terrsets

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 10:00:09 AM »
The skys not falling....

So far, all we've done is a pac tree set  and a european tree set. we only have terrsets 0-3 right now.
If you guys are bored, you can go here and browse: https://store.speedtree.com/product-category/visual_effects/trees-v6/

If you want, it would be nice to have a list of about 5-6 tree types for different terrains / season. Ill let the botanist side of you guys pick out trees for terrains. Ex: North Africa / Mediterranean, Europe winter, ect.... Just call it a wishlist for now as we are busy on other things, but we do plan on having other terrsets

Cool, Alaska CedarConifer Winter! and Burnt Tree!  I feel like the Pope just visited our terrains and given his blessings.  :pray

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 10:43:03 AM »
The Pope's got NOTHING on these guys!
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »
Cool, Alaska CedarConifer Winter! and Burnt Tree!  I feel like the Pope just visited our terrains and given his blessings.  :pray
Also:

We already have purchased all the items you see on those pages. And thats why we can not let you at the source to modify them.

HiTech

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2015, 10:57:35 AM »
Ooh! European White Birch, European Aspen, Norway Spruce and Scots Pine would be nice for the Baltic map. Some maples, elms and beeches especially in the southern half. Where's alder, how come they don't have it?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2015, 11:50:50 AM »
Also:

We already have purchased all the items you see on those pages. And thats why we can not let you at the source to modify them.

HiTech

:aok My guess, is that the custom build crowd, would like some sort of ability to "MIX" in snow capped winter terrain set trees or marine set plants, with the other standard tree (types) sets. 

My best analogy (since I don't have a clue) would be an addition to the existing terrain sets to include certain winter type trees for snow capped regions of a non winter terrain, etc.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2015, 12:22:13 PM »
:aok My guess, is that the custom build crowd, would like some sort of ability to "MIX" in snow capped winter terrain set trees or marine set plants, with the other standard tree (types) sets. 

My best analogy (since I don't have a clue) would be an addition to the existing terrain sets to include certain winter type trees for snow capped regions of a non winter terrain, etc.

There are limitations on how may types of trees can be in one set. We can not simply add more trees to existing sets with out increasing  video mem requirements.

HiTech