Author Topic: Alpha Mission editor  (Read 1499 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Alpha Mission editor
« on: September 30, 2015, 12:40:20 AM »
I'm starting this thread for mission builders to report any issues or questions.

Most of mine are probably not bugs, but limitations and some should probably be considered wishlist items.

Unchecking the box for Load Mission Arena Settings appears to have no effect. The mission will load the tables it is built with and if no particular tables are selected in the mission build, it appears to load the default.

So far we have only one player built arena on the alpha server. On that terrain, a mission can only be built with the default tables, otherwise the ME will crash during the resource build. I will be able to do further testing once we have more player built terrains.

There seems to be no practical way to delay the launch of a flight. Say, if you want an attack to be across the channel before the defense reacts. I've tried to delay the launch of interceptors by setting a very long mission briefing but when it is very long say 5 minutes, at the end of that briefing the mission will sometimes crash and restart.

You have the option of adding a mission. For example if you wanted to have another attack and defend on a different part of the map. If you do this the game will not recognize a 3rd or 4th mission.

The way to do this is by adding more routes and flights, not missions.

At some point in the future, I would like to launch a mission from a static carrier deck. This could not be done in the last version. Changing the Y axis of the spawn might allow AI to spawn on the deck of a dmcv but a player would fall through and crash. Haven't tried this in this version yet.

All in all the missions work well.

:salute
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:41:57 AM by jimson »

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Alpha Mission editor
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:40:52 AM »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 01:24:36 PM »
What terrain , what mission?

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 02:52:25 PM »
Fixed the builder bug that was causing the crash when plane and field tables were included.

Also , the check box only applies to variables. not plane and field configuration.

HiTech

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 03:01:09 PM »
Fixed the builder bug that was causing the crash when plane and field tables were included.

Also , the check box only applies to variables. not plane and field configuration.

HiTech

Thanks, I was just getting ready to list the terrain and mission/tables.

i'll try it after the next patch and let you know. I figured most of these things were not bugs at all and there is usually another way to get the results we are looking for.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 03:54:19 PM »

There seems to be no practical way to delay the launch of a flight. Say, if you want an attack to be across the channel before the defense reacts. I've tried to delay the launch of interceptors by setting a very long mission briefing but when it is very long say 5 minutes, at the end of that briefing the mission will sometimes crash and restart.

I am testing the briefing time, that should be what you use, but why would you want them to wait? Vs simply air spawning or warping?

HiTech

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 05:21:55 PM »
I am testing the briefing time, that should be what you use, but why would you want them to wait? Vs simply air spawning or warping?

HiTech

I'm just thinking if you wanted Luftwaffe planes to scramble in response to an air raid for more realism but it's not a big deal and really not worth any special effort on your part.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 06:38:16 PM »
We still have the problem with the formation bombers not following the salvo and delay time of the lead plane manned by a player.  They drop all bombs when the lead plane drops regardless of salvo setting.  Any idea when custom arenas will be up?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »
Jimson, do you have a delay before roll in flights? Isn't this what you want for waiting?

HiTech

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 11:57:31 AM »
Jimson, do you have a delay before roll in flights? Isn't this what you want for waiting?

HiTech

I haven't tried that yet, but I thought that might be the way to go. Is there a limit to how a long such a delay can be?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
Not that I am aware of.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 12:57:43 PM »
Not that I am aware of.

Sounds good. I'll try it on my next one.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 11:55:06 AM »
Terrain changes for no apparent reason.

A couple of times, the terrain automatically changed, once in the middle of a mission. The mission was built on the same terrain that was loaded in the arena but it started giving me a message "Terrain will change in ## minutes and then it changed to ndisles." ???

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »
Jimson,

Did you try to set the days to reset value to 7 instead of 360?

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
Jimson,

Did you try to set the days to reset value to 7 instead of 360?

It's set to 14. I think it has something to do with the missions.