Author Topic: Please add trinity for at least one rotation!  (Read 997 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Please add trinity for at least one rotation!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »
I killed all 3 HQs on trinity one saturday and landed all 3 missions.

I miss spawning in below that V base and taking a left turn traversing the steep mountainside and driving my tank to enemy city.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 01:56:56 AM »
The fights at A1 were much better than the 135 spawn, 28 was another good fight. I would not mind at all if the map popped in once in a wile, good time had by all who played on it.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 11:33:50 AM »
Rumor has it that Trinity caused problems with their server. I hope it gets worked out for the next AH Terrain Engine.

That is Scott66 holding the cord to the server.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
You could almost take any third of Trinity and turn it into a small map.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 08:19:08 PM »
If it were brought back........  :furious  I would consider it a Halloween prank  :devil  Really, that map sucked just about all of the $14.95 out of my entertainment.  I would HATE to see that monster on for 2/3 of an entire tour like it used to be..... 

Okay, don't correct me on how much time of the tour it actually was up (could have been 3/4  .... just saying). 

Lately, I have been having very little problems finding fights and worrying about HQ radar being down.  Also, I just returned to work from my rehab.... so the amount of available entertainment time has vastly been reduced.  Please do not permanently re enroll this map without changes to the reduction in altitudes or whatever made us fly forever for no fights.

Like I said up front, would be okay for Halloween........  :bolt:

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 03:42:02 AM »
If it were brought back........  :furious  I would consider it a Halloween prank  :devil  Really, that map sucked just about all of the $14.95 out of my entertainment.  I would HATE to see that monster on for 2/3 of an entire tour like it used to be..... 

Okay, don't correct me on how much time of the tour it actually was up (could have been 3/4  .... just saying). 

Lately, I have been having very little problems finding fights and worrying about HQ radar being down.  Also, I just returned to work from my rehab.... so the amount of available entertainment time has vastly been reduced.  Please do not permanently re enroll this map without changes to the reduction in altitudes or whatever made us fly forever for no fights.

Like I said up front, would be okay for Halloween........  :bolt:
:airplane: :headscratch: I can't remember the base numbers, but there was an area, which if you drew a straight line between them, most of the flight was over water and it was on the West side of the map. I saw and joined in some of the biggest "furballs" over that water! I just remember that at sometimes, around 7PM EST, you could find as many as 20  aircraft, from water level all the way up to 20K and it was a blast. I haven't seen that kind of action lately on any of the present maps in play! Some good action in the one on right now though!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 06:54:09 PM »
[snip] I haven't seen that kind of action lately on any of the present maps in play! Some good action in the one on right now though!

There are times and circumstances that promote this kind of action from time to time.  The more important question to answer, is did this furball exclude another entire country?  Don't quote me, but that was one of the problems that I personally remember; a huge fight between two other countries and nothing going on with the third country. 

Anyway, as you stated.... seems like you are finding there IS action on the remaining maps.  HiTech does not alter game without giving serious considerations and whatever his incentive was, I am confident he studied the situation and chose the action with the least negative impact.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 07:08:49 AM »
Remove the 30K mountains and Trinty would actually be pretty fun. The starting bases are all fairly close together with very few options to choose from making fights rather intense. As you take more bases more options open up as the bases start spreading out a little more, and then there's always the option to try and start a new front using the CV's. It's just the 30K mountains that need to go. All they do is prevent you from getting anything done unless you are willing to take 15 minutes (in a fighter) to climb to 32K to get over the mountains. In a heavy fighter it's even longer and a bomber it's almost a 2 hour run. Once you somehow managed to break through the mountains the fights got really fun.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »
What's your problem with me?
my guess is that your comment clearly didn't have much thinking put into it. (players make maps for AH) so go make a map if you want a new one. Also its hard (to make an accepted map), and from what people see of you (and your squad) doing hard things is just not your foray..  so i would expect comments that have little or no context from the OP to get craped on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »
Remove the 30K mountains and Trinty would actually be pretty fun. The starting bases are all fairly close together with very few options to choose from making fights rather intense. As you take more bases more options open up as the bases start spreading out a little more, and then there's always the option to try and start a new front using the CV's. It's just the 30K mountains that need to go. All they do is prevent you from getting anything done unless you are willing to take 15 minutes (in a fighter) to climb to 32K to get over the mountains. In a heavy fighter it's even longer and a bomber it's almost a 2 hour run. Once you somehow managed to break through the mountains the fights got really fun.

Great points. Mountains are cool and all but when they defy the boarders of countries they just dim the action, cause hoards, and all you see are 25K P51Ds and 190Ds.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 08:37:10 PM »
my guess is that your comment clearly didn't have much thinking put into it. (players make maps for AH) so go make a map if you want a new one. Also its hard (to make an accepted map), and from what people see of you (and your squad) doing hard things is just not your foray..  so i would expect comments that have little or no context from the OP to get craped on.

:rock
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com