Author Topic: I get booted within the 1st 45 minutes every time I play, guaranteed.  (Read 908 times)

Offline pastorblok

• Zinc Member
      • FRONT LINE WARRIORS
Hello all. Problem: I get booted within the 1st 45 minutes every time I play, guaranteed. This did not happen with Verizon internet, nor their FiOS. I moved to an area that only haas Time Warner Cable. / When I get booted, I click the "trouble shooter" it does it's thing and read, "reset local area connection adapter" "fixed"... Then, I re-log back into AH, hopefully to be put back in to flight safely.

Here's what I've done: Called TWC 2 x and explained the problem, they said they fixed it with no fire walls being on. Didn't fix it. Then I searched online and found some tips to stop this from happening. I followed the directions the tips gave. Like: changing some numbers IP...??? going through device manager stuff.. I can't remember everything. But, again, it didn't fix. BTW: nothing is running in background... I use an iMac and play using the windows 7 partition to run AH.  --Again, I did not have this mandatory boot issue using Verizon.

Last, but not least, I am turning to AH Tech Support for any help that you may offer.

If you want to respond to my e-mail, it is pastorblok@yahoo.com or I will check here later tonight or in a day or two.

These boots are killing my stats!!!!! lol (just here for fun)

Thanks for your time. APpreciate it and I think this is an amazing fun game.

!!!BeeLowK!!!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: I get booted within the 1st 45 minutes every time I play, guaranteed.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »
There is a link to ping plotter in the sticky post READ THIS: Internet Connection Hints/Tips at the top of this page. Let it run for a few minutes to get a good sample and it may show you where the problem is.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »
Sounds a lot like the lease time were too short, or the renewal of it fails. The lease time means how often your ISP will check if you still need the IP address you're using or not. The reason for this is that there's more users than IPV4 addresses and the ISP's are overbooking their resources. A normal lease time would be something like 24 hours. For viewing yours, you can run ipconfig /all in the Command Prompt:

Image and more information from: http://www.home-network-help.com/dhcp-server.html
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 04:38:38 PM »
You do not mention what type of hardware you are using but double check power saving settings.
Don't know if that would boot you but an amorphous detail to check none the less.

Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 09:22:06 PM »
did you get this sorted BeeLow?   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline pastorblok

• Zinc Member
      • FRONT LINE WARRIORS
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »
Greetings Bruv. No I did not yet. I spoke with Time Warner and they did remove any firewalls they had up.. To no avail, still get booted at the exact hour after logging in. I timed it the last few days to know this.  Something is somehow disconnecting me to the internet after being on for one hour.

So, for now, I just make sure that I am not flying in danger at the 58 minute mark.

The search for the fix is still on.
!!!BeeLowK!!!

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 06:02:01 AM »
I am going to go with Bizman on this.  A regular disconnect like this is likely to be a setting somewhere and likely an IP lease time.  If it was my problem I would be searching there.

Has this happened only since you moved home??  Is it a new modem / router?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 06:38:53 AM »
It could be a DHCP server issue where the server is not responding in a timely manner.  This could cause the Internet connection to reset.

They should dispatch someone to take a look at the local physical installation.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »
I assume your connection is through a router, maybe supplied by TWC?

I had an issue with a router once upon a time where it would kick me on a timed interval.  I don't recall what it was, it was either every hour or every 12.

I set my PC to a static IP and the problem went away.  That might be what they got you to do over the phone, not sure, but it's something that's easy to do that might be worth trying.

It was a definite issue with the router, I switched routers when that one died and was able to use dynamic IPs just fine, with that being the only change in the system.  You might not have that option if it's been supplied by TWC.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline pastorblok

• Zinc Member
      • FRONT LINE WARRIORS
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
Greetings all. Thank you so much for all of your responses. You are appreciated . SO.. UPDATE::::::::::::::::::I spoke with Time Warner, they said they fixed thing on their end. Nope, no fix. I contacted Microsoft... They did a few checks... ran some CMD stuff and then sent me and e-mail to do these things: > Go to Device Manager and try to install again the Network Adapters Drivers in Browse Manually

>Click the Start button and type CMD and right click and Run as Administrator

> On the Command Prompt , type ipconfig /flushdns
    - it will show "Successfully flashed"
> type again on the window, netsh winsock reset
   - it will show "Successfull"
> restart the computer

If the issue is still the same : There might be malware problems.
Try to download this free programs : When downloading and installing these be sure to get the free version. Say No to any free trial offers or automatic updating during setup to keep the free version functional.

Malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

SUPERAntiSpyware 
http://www.superantispyware.com/

SO: I did all of the above and then logged on and it is all good to go. No boot at the 1 hour mark. 
.This all being said, I cannot tell you exactly what "fixed" it... but the Microsoft Tech leaned towards some kind of Malware trying to interrupt after one hour of me being logged on to the net itself, not just the game.
Again, thanks everyone <S> -BeeLowK! :aok
!!!BeeLowK!!!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 03:00:40 PM »
Good to hear you got it sorted. Out of curiosity: Did you find much malware and if you did, how dangerous were they rated?
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline pastorblok

• Zinc Member
      • FRONT LINE WARRIORS
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 07:04:06 PM »
Bizman. There was only one and it was not a huge threat at all.
!!!BeeLowK!!!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 02:35:36 AM »
glad you got that sorted BeeLow must have been really annoying.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 02:43:51 AM »
There was only one and it was not a huge threat at all.
OK, must have been the network settings then. Resetting Winsock has fixed many network problems for my clients, FlushDNS is something I've never used yet. I'll have to add it into my bag of tricks, doing stuff on the black screen always looks professional in the eyes of customers.

Kotisivuni

Offline pastorblok

• Zinc Member
      • FRONT LINE WARRIORS
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 04:22:42 AM »
LOL Bizman, yeah , look professional brother. At BRUV thanks.. me too.
!!!BeeLowK!!!