Author Topic: Patch 79  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Patch 79
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:10:09 PM »
New version up!

Painting the world was never so much fun!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Patch 79
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:26:33 PM »
The files on the patch 79 download thread are for patch 78.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
Auto patch is correct version.

Still seeing "FLS is your wingman" in missions on join and rejoin.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:53:52 PM by FLS »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 02:41:54 PM »
The files on the patch 79 download thread are for patch 78.

Fixed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 03:26:15 PM »
Just happy  :x to report the tone mapping adjustment has made a wonderful improvement in my rendering of terrains.   :salute

Or I don't have a clue and it is just a coincidence..... :uhoh

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 04:01:04 PM »
Capture the flag arena vehicles are disabled on the bish side. 

Offline if you sit on the runway in a fighter at V2. It looks like the white flash about every 60 seconds is related to the auto ack. I still have the problem with the first time I try to close the game after installing an update, it hangs needing ctrl-alt-del. Then after that, the game closes with no trouble from all subsequent sessions.

CV first time entering the bridge still has the compass and portholes keying their texture from an aircraft or ship skin file. I've never seen the CV's skin file before. Nice work Waffle. Once I up a plane on the deck then come back to the bridge it stops. There are still ack sprites in the wake of the CV.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 02:10:27 AM »
I went through the Patch 79 Test Goal procedure again and added some clutter to a test terrain using the OE. This clutter is now visible in the game as well as in the TE.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 04:38:01 AM »
I opened up Atlas 0 Type 19 in the OE. I'd modified it before and it loaded with all the saved trees and buildings. I re-saved it, then I tried to open another tile I'd worked on previously, Type 0. The OE crashed with ahoe... has stopped working.

When I relaunched the OE the tile type0 re-loaded okay with the trees and I saved it.
I re-opened the type19.swa without a problem.
I re-opened the type0.bmp and no problem this time. I guess saving it previously fixed whatever was causing the problem but thought you should know.

At this point, everything seems to be working as expected in the OE, the TE and in the terrain offline.
Well, I have to take that back. The buildings and trees are still black in the TE on my frontend.

I haven't checked to see if the OE will convert multiple ac3d files without crashing.

And yes, the grass clutter is showing on the tiles in the TE and offline, but I don't see it in the OE. Same for the bitmapped Detail.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:57:35 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 06:06:49 AM »
In the TE, when placing a multi-mile object, once you set it's properties, you can't delete it visually without restarting the TE. If you Cancel out of the Properties dialog before you set it's properties, it will act as expected.

I've selected two different ones from the Object's Shapes list and placed them in the terrain. If you set their properties and then, try to delete it, the listing in the selection shapes list box disappears but the object remains visually in the terrain, buildings and all. You must save your work and exit, and then restart to clear the object even though it isn't there anymore.

Moving the terrain to refresh it won't help.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 10:20:47 AM »

I haven't checked to see if the OE will convert multiple ac3d files without crashing.

I have not done any work or testing of ac3d import / export.

HiTech

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »
Just to tell I'm still hanging around, the three latest updates installed without issues. Flew around on Mission Arena, default field, until the mission started. Joined, found the enemy and lost a wing as intended. Oh, and I didn't notice any stuttering while speeding on the runway, on the other hand I had some company so my concentration wasn't at 100%.

What I'd like to know: Does the sunrise/sunset vary in different geographic areas? The same question applies the colour saturation of the terrain. Just earlier tonight I saw a nature document on TV, starting with a sunrise. To my surprise both the lighting and colour saturation were exactly like those seen on the Alpha Mission Arena, Ndisles if I recall right. However, they would look unnatural on maps like Baltic or BoB.

Another question: I know that altitude has been taken into account in the flight modeling. Does the same apply visually? I man denser air looks different, also the colour of the sky gets darker the higher you fly because the space without light spreading particles is so much nearer.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:04:51 PM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 02:04:09 PM »
Just to tell I'm still hanging around, the three latest updates installed without issues. Flew around on Mission Arena, default field, until the mission started. Joined, found the enemy and lost a wing as intended. Oh, and I didn't notice any stuttering while speeding on the runway, on the other hand I had some company so my concentration wasn't at 100%.

What I'd like to know: Does the sunrise/sunset vary in different geographic areas? The same question applies the colour saturation of the terrain. Just earlier tonight I saw a nature document on TV, starting with a sunrise. To my surprise both the lighting and colour saturation were exactly like those seen on the Alpha Mission Arena, Ndisles if I recall right. However, they would look unnatural on maps like Baltic or BoB.
Texture colors are different in europe.

Another question: I know that altitude has been taken into account in the flight modeling. Does the same apply visually? I man denser air looks different, also the colour of the sky gets darker the higher you fly because the space without light spreading particles is so much nearer.

Yes

Also there normally is a low level haze layer that also is modeled.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 02:10:16 PM »
Reminder:

In the TE, I'm still not seeing the spawn points. The best I can find is a very small red square but even that is only when I've already selected the spawn point in some other way. I don't see the old white arrows, or it's circle when selected. I have no way to know which way any of the spawn points face.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 02:28:20 PM »
Reminder:

In the TE, I'm still not seeing the spawn points. The best I can find is a very small red square but even that is only when I've already selected the spawn point in some other way. I don't see the old white arrows, or it's circle when selected. I have no way to know which way any of the spawn points face.

I know I saw white circles around spawn points when writing the map stuff this week, is it maybe tied to show spawn point (right click) on the map?

HiTech

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 03:02:34 PM »
Texture colors are different in europe.
HiTech
Thanks! Do I read you correctly that the sunrise/sunset is universal?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni