Author Topic: This Day in WW2 - Black Thursday - October 14th  (Read 398 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
This Day in WW2 - Black Thursday - October 14th
« on: October 13, 2015, 06:05:17 AM »
This month's TDI is Black Thursday and as usual will be held in Special Events Arena II tomorrow, October 14th.  There will be two opportunities to join in the fun - with myself at 3:00 pm Eastern (8:00 pm UK/9.00 pm CET) or with Brooke at 10:00 pm Eastern.

Everyone is welcome to this two-hour event, with unlimited lives.  Just choose your side and your aircraft from the following options and have fun!

Allies (Bishops):
-- Air bases a96 (south air launch) and a97 (north air launch).
-- a96 S is closest to the action.
-- B-17G, P-47D-11 (no bombs).
-- No radar.

Axis (Knights):
-- Air bases a44 (south air launch) and a48 (south air launch).
-- a48 S is closest to the action.
-- Bf 109G-2, Bf 109G-6, FW 190A-5, all without bombs.
-- Sector counters.

These are the only active bases and countries, with no aircraft available at any other fields or for Rooks.  Please remember to read the Arena Message as you enter the arena, or at any time from the clipboard menu, as it will give all the details you need to know and save me (or Brooke) constantly repeating myself!  :D

I hope to see plenty of players - especially from European timezones like myself - turn up for this, and enjoy the special atmosphere that can only be experienced in one of these historical events.  If you can't make the first running with me, you will be most welcome to attend the later running with Brooke.  Bring your friends/squadmates - and enemies!  :)   :aok
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Re: This Day in WW2 - Black Thursday - October 14th
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 02:00:27 PM »
This month's TDI is Black Thursday and as usual will be held in Special Events Arena II tomorrow, October 14th.  There will be two opportunities to join in the fun - with myself at 3:00 pm Eastern (8:00 pm UK/9.00 pm CET) or with Brooke at 10:00 pm Eastern.

Everyone is welcome to this two-hour event, with unlimited lives.  Just choose your side and your aircraft from the following options and have fun!

Allies (Bishops):
-- Air bases a96 (south air launch) and a97 (north air launch).
-- a96 S is closest to the action.
-- B-17G, P-47D-11 (no bombs).
-- No radar.

Axis (Knights):
-- Air bases a44 (south air launch) and a48 (south air launch).
-- a48 S is closest to the action.
-- Bf 109G-2, Bf 109G-6, FW 190A-5, all without bombs.
-- Sector counters.

These are the only active bases and countries, with no aircraft available at any other fields or for Rooks.  Please remember to read the Arena Message as you enter the arena, or at any time from the clipboard menu, as it will give all the details you need to know and save me (or Brooke) constantly repeating myself!  :D

I hope to see plenty of players - especially from European timezones like myself - turn up for this, and enjoy the special atmosphere that can only be experienced in one of these historical events.  If you can't make the first running with me, you will be most welcome to attend the later running with Brooke.  Bring your friends/squadmates - and enemies!  :)   :aok
:airplane: I will join you at 3PM EST flossy and <S> (ET37)
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 02:02:45 PM »
This event ran yesterday...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »
:airplane: I will join you at 3PM EST flossy and <S> (ET37)
Sorry ET37, as Lusche said, this event was held yesterday (Wednesday) so I'm afraid you missed it.  Could have done with you there too!  :)   :salute
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:21:59 AM »
Sorry ET37, as Lusche said, this event was held yesterday (Wednesday) so I'm afraid you missed it.  Could have done with you there too!  :)   :salute
:headscratch: sorry, had it in my mind that it was today, Friday! Guess my "attention" span is getting shorter and shorter! LOL
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!