Author Topic: Why no open discussions in forum about hacking?  (Read 655 times)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
Why no open discussions in forum about hacking?
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:59:40 AM »
Background first
I am a pilot have been for 20 years. Certificated in fixed wing complex single engine land with commercial and tail wheel endorsement commercial and instrument rated. I have experience in helo's although not Certificated yet. Actually working to get on with a Public aviation group flying OV10 in near future.
I have flown Beech Singles and Twins,, Grumman Tiger, Cessna singles and Twins, a Citation Jet, L39 Albotross, back seat in a Pony, Katana Da 20 and 40, I have flown in C141, C5 (engine out, compressor failures, hydraulic system failures etc.) and F/A 18 (ACM) simulators.
 I list this to show I am quite familiar and somewhat experienced with aircraft, air frames and dynamics of flight.p in a variety of configurations and power plants. Yes, I know.. However this is a game...
I have been gaming for several years (18 years+) and flown most if not all the flight sims. I have played 1st person shooters and I have been a cheat detector/moderator in very strictly run competitions.
I learned one thing for sure in gaming. If it's too good to be true it usually is.
 Example, in bf2 (fair play monitor) we had a guy that would jump, go prone and headshot people in a dive to the ground. In the forums, everyone was amazed at "how good he was" as in, surely he is cheating! He was very defensive and quite the bragger about his uber skills!
As a result of people openly comparing notes, we became quite aware of places, times and arenas these accusations stemmed from.
So we followed him around (god mode) in addition to reviewing the server footages as All battles were recorded. We become quite suspicious ourselves! So step two, we started doing screen shots and a few propitiatory checks. Sure enough, he was using, esp hacks, bone hacks (new at the time), and view hacks. This prompted us to check other individuals as well, seemed the biggest bragtards were, you guessed it, either exploiting or hacking.
So without naming names, over the years in this game,  I have seen some crazy stuff that makes me question, is our head in the sand here
On channel these people get talked about all the time! Yet the only one I ever seen, "leave" was.. P something or other with an X in it, rumor had it he was found hacking, like I say rumor or head in the sand syndrome. If he was hacking, why not post on wall of shame? That's what we did in BF2, quite effective!

So is this game unhackable, I doubt it, if the US government can be hacked.

Are there exploits, sure, so post them, level the playing field. I'll start.
One thing to try, just set convergence  to 200 and fire at 400-500 centered just on the outer 1/3 of con's wing, elevated sight picture and unloaded airframe, arcs em right into the canopy.
practice in TA Which planes? LOL, PRACTICE, use the .target and work through it. Hint, wing mounted cannons or 50's

I am not looking for a fight, just asking legitimate questions (deleted examples to avoid censor) I hear every single night and often see on 200 and country on suspicious miracles!
Pm's are fine as this may get locked or "edited"
I am always trying learn more,

As to films, defore you ask. I had about 200 plus with labels like "one shot kill on three guys", "uber Lala" , "Limitless E", "too many bombs", "20 cannon to zeke", etc. but my disk had issues and they are gone, rest assured I will continue to film flight and review the miracles!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Why no open discussions in forum about hacking?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 01:33:51 AM »
Well then, here is a tip for you, diaster

You should read the forum posting rules

You will find the reason this thread you started will be locked

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:55:35 AM »
Because it brings a bad image to the game knowing it can be hacked. It feeds an unnecessary frenzy/witch hunt.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 02:01:51 AM »
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 02:22:10 AM »
I bet this thread is a result of TED getting his arse handed to him.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 02:24:50 AM »
6.09am Central time the lock will be done.
Anyone else care to guess a time?

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 02:53:09 AM »
 Ah but look at his background!  With all that experience he must be right!    :old:  :rolleyes: 
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 03:28:45 AM »
You got shot down because he was better than you.

...and this isn't BF2.

Cheerio.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 03:56:39 AM »
Hey TED, I agree with you!!

The other night a guy was roping me up but I had speed to catch him.  Just before I squeezed the trigger I got PK'd.  Instant back to the tower.

I checked the film and if you play it frame by frame you can actually see the guy parachute from his plane, land in my cockpit and garrotte me with a small piece of string he had on him.  He claims it was a legit rope but I swear it was string!! :p

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 04:05:16 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:44:28 AM by Skuzzy »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 06:42:25 AM »
Locked for violation of forum posting rule #7
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com