Author Topic: Patch 80  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Patch 80
« on: October 16, 2015, 02:05:25 PM »
New version up!

It's full of stars......
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 80
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »
I love all of the new "Planets"........ :O

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:15:08 PM »
Was not able to set the time using /.time 301

Must be doing something wrong

Got it.  it is with a space between 3 the 0 and the 1
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:19:22 PM by Randy1 »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:24:59 PM »
That looks really good.  Night ops could be interesting.  Can't Schrage Muzik wait to Schrage Muzik check Schrage Muzik it out. :D

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »
Was not able to set the time using /.time 301

Must be doing something wrong

Got it.  it is with a space between 3 the 0 and the 1

.time 3 space bar 0 space bar 1
.time 3 0 1

or

.time 03:00
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »
My opinion.  A bit too big stars and planets.  The objects are too bright for an average sky brightness from sea level up.

Still doggone cool.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 03:38:20 PM »
Stars look great.   :aok 

With FOV at 112 the brighter stars seem too big. When I zoom in they look better.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 03:59:25 PM »
after the downloading off the auto download update.  went to offline practice, after loading im in tower, red planes on map move from south england shore to my airfield, i can hear planes. the mouse and game freezes, the second time through this process i hit the windows key and nothing happens besides a separate mouse icon shows up only with the working circle icon, yadda yadda, a total freeze.  task manager would not show through a now white aces high window.  bottom line, had to power off with the power button through two trys.  freezes after planes move on the map, i can hear planes through the lock.

:salute

35 seconds before they go home for the weekend i report a freeze bug  :banana: dam im good.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:01:50 PM by NatCigg »

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 04:53:34 PM »
The star patterns match really well, but the Earth doesn't appear to rotate at night and the star positions are stuck in Dallas, January, 3:00 AM no matter what time I select.

Also, as others have pointed out, the stars are too large and they look weird because they are ellipses.  Real stars are just single points of light (I'm not sure even the most powerful space telescopes can resolve the disk of any star except Sol) but planetarium programs generally make bright stars both brighter (intensity) and bigger in diameter (to simulate bloom on film or in a CCD).  They should stay circular though.

So... are you going to add a "Stellar Navigation" achievement?  ;)   

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 04:58:06 PM »
What!!!!! Those aren't planets......

Oh! and that was a P51 not a tie fighter I took the picture from.....no wonder R2D2 didn't chirp sweet nothings in my head set. You should try chasing the drones at 3am....heheheeh.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 05:53:12 PM »
Love the stars, but the larger ones seem too elliptical.  As far as the number of stars in the sky, I would think the environment in viewing them would have to be considered.   Looking at the stars around large cities providing ambient light, you tend to see the more predominate stars like the big dipper, etc..  In the desert or ocean away from civilization, you see so many more stars, some brighter and some fainter.  Flying at night, in a WWII bird above the clouds would be similar to being out in the desert or open ocean with very little ambient light from a large city.  The predominate stars could be slightly smaller and round in shape.   
"One-Eye"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »
Judging from Bustr's ss, the elliptical shapes are caused by POV changed from default.  I would imagine as was reported a zoom view would cure that mostly (especially those directly ahead.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 06:35:11 PM »
So chasing drones at 3am I happed to spy the big dipper. Lined up the appropriate stars and aimed my gunsight at the bright light they pointed to. Derned if my compass didn't show "N".
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 06:44:26 PM »
Try this:

.time 3 0 1000

Or try:
6 50 0

then

18 50 0

Wow.....

.time hour minute time speed (0 is normal time)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »
OK i missed a couple of patches and went to d/l the full install and when I click on the full install I get a 404 error..

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail