Author Topic: MSFSX add on  (Read 646 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
MSFSX add on
« on: December 11, 2018, 12:23:04 PM »
I know it might be dorky to ask here but I clicked on my fsx shortcut icon the other day and was re-appalled by the goofy flight characteristics of the trainer that comes with it. I never added any add on aircraft but I am thinking of doing it if there is anything that would fly a bit more like a real plane. I want a trainer, prefer a cessna like a 150/2 or a 172. After a lazy search I found this https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu-sim-c172-trainer-fsx/

Anyone flown MSFS and been satisfied with a trainer?
Pies not kicks.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: MSFSX add on
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 12:27:19 PM »
FS flight model has generally been pretty poor. There are some companies that produced add-ons that have realistic stuff (I'm thinking PMDG's aircraft, but they're mainly commercial aircraft), lots of the free add-ons have aircraft that turn like brewsters.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 02:17:59 PM »
 I have not flown FSX since getting back into Aces High in May, but to answer your question.

A2A simulations produce the most realistic aircraft for FSX. They have both civilian and military aircraft. Their Cessna 172 would be just what you are looking for. They also offer the piper Piper Cherokee and other civilian rides. Military rides include P5i, P47, P40, AT6 Texan and B17 among many others.

These have highly realistic flight models and engine management. Check out "a2asimulations.com" and many  youtube videos of their aircraft. You won't be disappointed.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 02:34:07 PM »
 Another thought for you.

I learned to fly in a Piper Cub in 1967 and have flown the Piper Cherokee, so I purchased both of a2a's offerings  several years ago and I was very impressed with them. They brought back many memories of those times. You have given me an itch to fire up FSX again.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »
Sounds good, now only if their website worked!
Pies not kicks.

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »
You can take a look at www.simviation.com or www.simouthouse.com.
Both sites have a multitude of addons for FSX and Prepar3d.