Author Topic: Patch 81  (Read 2895 times)

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Re: Patch 81
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »
Looks like the old lady was right, the Aces High world is flat.

A physicist was giving a lecture about the solar system and he said the world was round, spinning on an axis, and orbiting the sun.  An old lady jumped up and yelled, "That is not true!  The world is flat and on the back of a giant tortoise."  The physicist, thinking he would put her in her place, asked, "And what is the tortoise standing on?"  She calmly replied, "Its turtles all the way down."

Using the eur2015 terrain and the pitch ladder, I shot the elevation of the North Star from the most northern and most southern fields.  The elevations where both the same meaning the Aces High world is flat and there will be no celestial navigation -- not that I would expect to be able to but figured I would check just in case.  I also shot the sun but there was no difference there either.

The stars look a lot better being smaller in diameter and the Milky Way looks good.
The positions of the stars and sun look reasonable for the Dallas latitude in October.

Sky goes solid black when changing time from "3 0 0" to "12 0 0."
Terrain being used was the eur2015 terrain.  Time was set to "3 0 0" while in the tower at A59 and then launched in a P-51B to the west.  Took a screen shot of the North Star and then changed the time to "12 0 0" to take a shot of the sun.  The terrain lighting went to day but the sky was solid black with no sun or stars visible.
Image: p81_BlackSky.jpg

Domed horizon when look towards the center of the eur2015 terrain.
A blue-grey bulge or dome becomes visible on the horizon and gets larger as the altitude increases.  The attached image was taken from field A79 and looking north.  The dome is offset to the east which is more toward the center of the terrain.
Files: p81_Dome.jpg, p81_dome.txt

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2015, 09:25:54 PM »

wrong lens flare

and machine gun hit gound with lens flare?
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Sniv

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2015, 06:30:41 AM »
Have had this Alpha for a week offline and went online yesterday.

Nice!

I took at Lancaster up at night , since it seemed the proper thing to do.

Instrument flying over the water , nice illuminated bomb blasts .

The only thing I found was that the cloud updates looked strange as if they were only being refreshed every second or more, but that could be because I am fooling with the settings.

Does someone have a listing of the graphic options , it could be that it might fix this issue.

Is there a FAQ yet , I did not see one, or I am looking in the wrong place.

Also I would like to see what it does to frame rate with a stress test , is anyone planning a something large in the near future?

We need flares or a flare call for landing , those fields are hard to find in the dark.

Snivly
I 4770k,GTX 780 TI, 16G memory.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »
Gun positions are blocked by my text bar at the bottom.

The battleship looks awesome!
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »
I tried all the guns on the battleship and they seem to work fine.  (The starboard forward single 20 mm seems to rotate aft much less than its port companion, but maybe that is prototypical).

I had problems offline with the .time command.  From daytime, setting .time 20 0 0 gave night.  Then setting .time 9 0 0 gave sun reflected off the ocean, but no sun and no blue sky, i.e. it still looked like a weird version of night. 

Duplicated.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »
Battleship main artillery is labeled as "8 inch guns" in the hangar and also do the same damage as cruiser 8" guns.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 07:38:48 PM »
The night sky is beautiful.  I did notice in the 37mm gun on the base (offline, 3AM) some observations that were maybe intended or not.  I placed the center of the sight needle on the moon and some of the stars and didn't get any colors as if you were shining sunlight through a prism.  When I got close and directly on some of the brighter stars, I saw some haloing and colors.  Pictures are posted below.  Again, awesome work on the night sky.
"One-Eye"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2015, 04:00:37 PM »
Sorry, ignore post.  I was pulling filmviewer files from previous version.....   Thought for certain they were alpha files..... anyway, filmviewer works well.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:59:15 PM by Chilli »

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »
leave it to you 1ijac, (star 812.jpg) you picked a neutron star
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:00:11 PM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »
leave it to you 1ijac, (star 812.jpg) you picked a neutron star

:rofl :rofl
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
B-25H
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »
 :airplane:
B-25H----model flight is good...gun sight is so faint, it is hard to see when aiming at something...when cannon fires, no tracer shell can be seen, and when shell hits something, very, very small explosion, it should be a bigger for good effect
when you assign bomb release to controllers, each time you release a bomb, the little modify window pops up, just like it does when you are setting controller. once you click on ok, it should remain closed!
fuel factory---gun emplacements are not very prominate and are difficult to see
bombs do not make a very large explosion when they hit the target
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
B-29C
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 09:09:08 AM »
B-29C...flies good, but some adjustments are going to have to be made for people to enjoy flying this aircraft
#1- Flaps should not be set to 50%, as all over 17 degrees of flaps produce's more drag than lift..normal setting for takeoff should be 15 degrees
#2- it should be restricted to 20 500lb bombs and 25% fuel to operate from small field and with flaps all the way up! same for medium field!
#3- Only field I was able to operate from with 50% fuel and 40 500lbers was a large field and again with no flaps. Flaps are a acceleration killer on this aircraft!
#4- should be setting for cowl flaps to trail position for take off and then open when in flight. With cowl flaps fully open and 50% fuel and 40 500lbers, takeoff roll is extended about 500 feet, which could be the difference in a successful takeoff or a crash, again with flaps in up position.
Bomb bursts are good
gun positions fire good and looks like converge is set to 700 yards as near as I could tell

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
B-26B
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »
Good flying aircraft, flies better than one in MLW arena that we have now! cockpit is better, instruments more precise. Short field takeoffs much better! Stalls with and without power are much better, better rudder control and ailerons have good roll control though out the stall...good aircraft to fly and I am sure people will enjoy it!
I would like to see the B-26C introduced as it has some better functions than the old Martin, which is what the present aircraft is based on! Faster, heavier bomb load and rocket trees on the wings for ground attacks, and slower takeoff and landing speeds.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Sun Light
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2015, 09:28:52 AM »
 :airplane: Sun light nows seems to be more accurate, but what happened to the clouds? Do you have to be in a certain sector, or should I do something with my graphics?

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
F3 and F8 views in fighters
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2015, 09:41:30 AM »
 :airplane: Are we going to be able to use F3 and F8 in new version of game? Its working that way in Alpha test anyway!