Author Topic: Ping plot 30 sec after getting discoed...  (Read 490 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Ping plot 30 sec after getting discoed...
« on: November 06, 2015, 08:16:15 PM »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Re: Ping plot 30 sec after getting discoed...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 12:48:23 PM »
Here's another one from today.  What gives.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
Hard to tell what the Ping plot says, but the graph does not appear to show it to be a network problem, if the sample size if large enough.

Are you running any type of anti-virus or anti-xxxx software on your computer?  When the disco happens do you get the message "Losing UDP, switching to TCP"?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:01:36 AM »
I recall seeing something like "Lost UDP", and then I'm dumped out of the game.  I have Norton 360, but it's been massaged to allow for AH.  I never used to get it this bad.  Maybe one every 6 months.  Now it's one or more times a session.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 11:39:43 AM »
I suppose Norton doesn't block connections it thinks are metered any more, but that would be easy to check by stopping it for testing. Windows 8(.1) has the same feature: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/metered-internet-connections-frequently-asked-questions. The idea is to save your money by not allowing bandwidth hungry applications to use the Internet. Worth checking the settings in both Windows and Norton.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 07:00:15 AM »
I recall seeing something like "Lost UDP", and then I'm dumped out of the game.  I have Norton 360, but it's been massaged to allow for AH.  I never used to get it this bad.  Maybe one every 6 months.  Now it's one or more times a session.

Norton WILL interfere with the game.  The "allow" feature in Norton only stops Norton from warning you of a potential virus.  Norton and McAfee are horrible for gaming.

Further, the Norton database WILL get corrupt from time to time, and has to be removed completely from the computer and re-installed to correct the problem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com