Author Topic: Patch 82  (Read 3868 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 82
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2015, 05:56:21 PM »
Since Hitech is in the process of changing the head positions so new players do not have to struggle at discovering they have the ability to change that themselves. I would like to make a gunnery suggestion that will help the new player. I've been testing this in the alpha and in AH2.

1. - All hood mounted guns, reduce their convergence to 150-175 including the La5\7. The real guns in these mountings were set parallel to each other and the dispersion at 400 is changed negligibly. The harmonization pattern at 400 with any other guns is about center of the gunsight reticle. Holds true with planes like the P39, P40C, Ki61, Ki84 and C202\5.

2. - All motor cannon, reduce their convergence to 175. This effectively shoots all calibers in the game flat to 400.

Anyone shooting past 400 has to actually learn to shoot. Otherwise, average shooting in the game is point blank to 400 or realistically just shy of 400. Inside of 150 many players don't realize they are shooting low if they aim with the center of the reticle. Convergence settings moving out past 200 start introducing a high point in the trajectory that makes chasing 6 shots confusing. Reducing the Ta152 motor cannon to 175 harmonizes the IP point pattern with the default MG151\20 setting of 275 out to 400. Past that, like with the G14 and K4, the player will learn to shoot only the 30mm or the other guns due to dramatic ballistic drop and dispersion of the MK108.

This will make shooting for the new player closer to point and click. Longer shooting strategies will be learned over time from vets and experimentation. Just like learning to pull the P51-D convergence out to 650 and turn off tracers to hit and exit unscathed.

Currently the "aircraftname.cfg" file in the "settings" directory holds changes to the default convergence you have made for each of your rides. I can provide the relevant planes files for testing.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2015, 07:06:12 PM »
So far every attempt to get the patch downloaded; either in-game or via Firefox, have ended in tears.  Still working on it.

Going to continue to think it's all me given the number of people testing.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2015, 07:33:53 PM »
What happens? Do you get a corrupt file or do you lose connection?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:36:44 PM by FLS »

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2015, 07:56:06 PM »
Firefox just gives me a "failed".  Nothing in event logs.  Every attempt to download in game also either failed or I was told the update was not successful.  All in all an abysmal lack of information at this point.  Eventually it will <make me VERY angry> and I will hunt the problem down.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2015, 09:58:39 PM »
If you PM me an email address I can try to send the update as an attachment.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2015, 10:21:47 PM »
oops :airplane:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:27:13 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2015, 10:23:53 PM »

my end, not same skin.
I seemed to have trouble enabling skins..................turned on skin dl's but nothing appears with selection..........not super important.

still I wanted to place fls pic close to mine on same display format to compare. His looks sweeter but it most likely the actual skin.
sun is at 12 oclock or so getting low, nice.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:25:51 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
Look for the download complete message, I DL'd 6 skins. You may have to close the program and restart before you see them in game.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:50:34 PM by FLS »

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2015, 11:20:31 PM »
The Ndisles is now centered on the Solomon Illands if  you updated yours from the host.

All other Terrians are still Dallas.

HiTech

I deleted and re-downloaded ndisles (again).  Unless I'm doing something horribly stupid it isn't even close to being centered on Solomon Islands.  They are at about -9.4 deg which puts Polaris below the horizon while the alpha with ndisles has Polaris about 32 to 34 degrees above the horizon.  I'll try to attach an image that shows the discrepancy (the city on the Stellarium window is in the Solomon Islands).

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 06:58:09 AM »
I have the completed skin D/L message but nothing changes with the skin in the hangar. Going to delete the skins file then re-download them and see if that fixes it.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
Was a couple of versions behind but I downloaded and updated to the current version. All went fine.

I deleted (moved actually, just in case things went wrong) my current terrain files went to update them online.

Went online to the mission arena. The terrain downloaded quickly in just a few secs and installed normally. The arena selection screen came up with a markedly resized clipboard. It was very small. Hard to read small. I resized it larger and went on to the other arenas to update the rest of the terrains.

GS4 Alpha update was the same experience. Few secs, installed, resized clipboard.

Capture the flag arena, ditto. The rate of time change is very fast in there! A day might go by in a minute. Very cool for seeing the change in the sky quickly. Night only lasts a few secs but that mirrors arena "real time" norms. Unlike the arenas it does go full dark. I think the stars and night sky look absolutely fabulous but my aversion to night in the game at least as it's currently set up is well documented.

Went to the AvA Alpha arena and it updated as the others with the clipboard thing again. I got an "invalid skin number" when I got to the tower but it was otherwise fine.

The special events arena was the only map that took more than a few secs to download but I'm sure it's because it's a much bigger map. Even so it only went about 30 secs. It updated as the others, again with the clipboard resizing.

I went back to the mission arena, went to the hangar and selected skin downloads. The p51D skin began downloading and installed as it normally would. I knew it wouldn't be available immediately so I quit to restart the game and see it. As far as I knew the skins were never immediately available on downloading them without a restart? That may be why some are having problems seeing it right away. Try restarting the game people. That AND that particular skin may not be available on every terrain. Skins can be enabled and disabled per terrain. If the skin has been downloaded but shows red in the hangar, you can't use it on that terrain. I think it's always been that way. If you can't see the skins, restart and try offline. If it downloaded it oughta be there to use.

On hitting the quit button from the arena selection screen the clipboard resized again at the main game screen. This time it was way big and I had to make it smaller to see the quit button there.

Restarting the game offline I went to the hangar to select the new 51 skin. No problem. Went to the runway to check it out. Looks great. However, and I don't know if this is a skinning thing or a game thing but IMO the bare skinned birds' reflective properties, as I've said before, need to be toned down a notch or two. It's too mirror like. As if it were glass and not metal. It should be shiny for sure, but not to the point I could read a menu off it and as it is you can see every nook and cranny on the runway pavement reflected on the side of the cowling. That don't seem right to me. Of course that just like, my opinion man (tm The Dude)! Everybody else's MMV. One man's shiny is another man's dull.

As to the head positions I use TIR and had reset all mine to "home" so I'm kinda useless there now.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
Vox is broken!?  :furious << one way to avoid a FUSS.  Tried vox channels, and Bustr checked the vox to self (gameID) and no vox.

Lawndart, there are more than 29 pony skins.  I found that it took a little while to download them, and not all were "available" (some were red text).  Is it possible that you tried a skin that was not finished downloading?  (some were in bold white text at first but obviously hadn't dl yet since I only had 2 skins at the time that I checked ~ 10 skins were in white text).

Big Beautiful Doll, my favorite pony skin is nice and brand new ... very shiny!!!  :airplane:  :banana:

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »
Firefox just gives me a "failed".

...and it fails with 1,557,953KB downloaded...every time.  Just a few seconds left, then *poof*.

I suppose I could try to download 81 and patch to 82.  I'm a couple patches back.

<edit>
     That worked.  Sitting in the tower with a day lasting about 10 seconds at 13FPS.  Woot.
</edit>
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:26:30 PM by Puck »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2015, 05:02:05 PM »
I found sitting in the capture the flag arena got me all the skins. Sitting in the GS4 Alpha arena the download got to number 7 and stalled. Also VOX in the GS4 arena is fubar and quitting it hung the screen in the tower while showing the desktop mouse arrow.

Thar be some SHINEY in them wings......and oooohhhhh I can see the sunrise in that ponies side.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2015, 09:32:44 PM »
It may not be important, but I have Sweetfx 2.0 running on Alpha, with no problems.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76