Author Topic: AH3 skins  (Read 8190 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH3 skins
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2015, 08:10:34 PM »
or...................  Change the scroll to activate axis rotation.  Currently the scroll loops with the center of the loop some distance from the center of the plane.

I feel like we lost this "battle" but it defies reason.    Adding a pivot function would improve the viewer, not detract from it.     Frankly the light shift on the old viewer drove me crazy.   Adding a pivot to the current system would be the fix the old one always needed.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2015, 09:26:13 AM »
Thought I'd try a GV with the new AH3 effects so I added them to an existing skin, the winter camo'd 24th PD Panzer IV H. The "lighting only" shot shows how much bump detail you can get using the normal map now. The zimmerit ridges, armour hooks, track tread pattern and even the mud on the mudguards can all be seen.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2015, 10:46:32 AM »
wow. This is looking fantastic. Keep up the hard work all, can't wait for AH3 to let the smoke out of my computer...   :devil
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »
Wonderful Greebo  :aok 

:rofl Dubious, I plan to burn this ancient artifact too......  and AH3 seems the perfect tool to get her nice and toasty!  I won't be satisfied until she spouts flames.   So far, the more I push ole girl, the better she seems to like AH3.   

Good work all around, and hopefully a well deserved holiday break and joyous season to you all.

ChiLLi

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2016, 10:12:04 AM »
Lyric1 found me some photos of this colourful B-29 and I thought it would be a good scheme to show off some of the new AHIII effects.

The aircraft in question is "Babies Buggy/City of Rock Island" flown by Major William C. Wilson of the 330th BG, 479th BS. The "City of" nose art was painted onto all aircraft of the Group, the idea being that crews would be sent on a promotional visit to the town in question once their tour was up. The black and yellow stripes and large numbers were applied for the last month or so of the war to flight leaders' aircraft to assist in formation assembly.

The screenshots show how the specularity, power and environment effects combine to give the illusion of metal. Particularly in the last shot where the environment and normal maps create a rippled reflection of the "K" across the elevator.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2016, 12:51:49 PM »
 :aok

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »
Wonderful Greebo  :aok 

:rofl Dubious, I plan to burn this ancient artifact too......  and AH3 seems the perfect tool to get her nice and toasty!  I won't be satisfied until she spouts flames.   So far, the more I push ole girl, the better she seems to like AH3.   

Good work all around, and hopefully a well deserved holiday break and joyous season to you all.

ChiLLi

Be careful with that machine.   It was hand built by an expert.   ;)

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »
Man those look freaking awesome
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »
Thanks to Lyric1 for finding me the info for this skin.

This F4U-4 was part of VBF-86 flying from USS Wasp during the last months of the war.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2016, 07:23:35 AM »
 :aok