Author Topic: Russian Ammo Importation Ban???  (Read 539 times)

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
Russian Ammo Importation Ban???
« on: January 05, 2018, 07:10:04 AM »
Oh boy, this is what I was afraid of.. :cry

The announcement was made on Dec 4th 17, but somehow this has been flying under the radar for a while.. I just heard about it, with the holidays I haven't been paying much attention.. I had a bad feeling this would happen after they recently banned Russian Vepr/Molot rifles from importation..

It seems, that in order to punish Russian corporations, and apply political pressure, by order of the US Congress, the CAATSA was passed.. "Countering American Adversaries Through Sanctions Act", the US State Department, is ordered to enact sanctions against the Russian ROSTEC conglomerate, on January 29 2018, as a member of the Russian defense industry..

ROSTEC has hundreds of companies under it's umbrella, among them Tula, the makers of that cheap and reliable Russian imported ammunition.. Likely more Ammo manufacturers will be affected as well, like Barnaul and Vempyl, more information is still being revealed.. Analysis of the effects is still ongoing, hopefully not ALL sources will be blocked!

If this is true, say goodbye to that $2 box of 20, 7.62x39 AK ammo.. It will be $20+ now.. Not to mention that they also produce, .223/5.56, .308/7.62, .30/06, 54R, 9mm .45ACP, .40S&W, and most of the other popular calibers.. Massive amounts of this ammo is purchased and fired recreationally in the USA every year.. Because even tho it is of lesser quality, it is 10x cheaper to shoot than US made ammo.. Perfect precision no, but great for ringing steel targets out to 300yds!

I shoot a ton of this stuff, because it lets me get more trigger time without putting a big dent in my wallet.. Man, this will set the firearms community on it's ear, driving up the price of ammo.. Never fails, price spikes are on the way, AGAIN! :uhoh

Seems like the hits just keep on coming, no matter who we elect!
My emails to pertinent organizations and persons are on the way!
The 2A doesn't mention cartridge ammo, does it??? :mad:

Another Gungrabbers Jubilee!  :bhead

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Russian Ammo Importation Ban???
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 07:25:17 AM »
Will my Yak9T take merican ammo?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
Seems like the hits just keep on coming, no matter who we elect!

You just have to vote harder next time.  :bolt:
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:56:31 AM »
This will probably get me in trouble, but...don't any of you recognize that Russia is our enemy, and we shouldn't be supporting them anyway?
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 11:44:22 AM »
This will probably get me in trouble, but...don't any of you recognize that Russia is our enemy, and we shouldn't be supporting them anyway?

:aok
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »

Define "enemy"... IMO an enemy is a country your country has declared war against. In WW2 your USA was allied with the USSR. Currently USA is allied with Russia to fight Isis. IIRC there has never been a war declared between USA and USSR/Russia. Friction, yes. War, no. I may be wrong, though.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 12:31:47 PM »
I'm cool with Russia.   :cheers:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 12:48:37 PM »
Define "enemy"... IMO an enemy is a country your country has declared war against. In WW2 your USA was allied with the USSR. Currently USA is allied with Russia to fight Isis. IIRC there has never been a war declared between USA and USSR/Russia. Friction, yes. War, no. I may be wrong, though.
Actually, the only alliance is to make sure we don't go to war with each other. An enemy is a country that conspires and acts to interfere with our country's elections, invades our allies and hacks into and releases political candidates' emails. Good enough?

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 12:49:31 PM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:07:50 PM by Copprhed »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 01:04:48 PM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
I'm cool with Russia.   :cheers:

Coogan

Me too!  :cheers:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 01:57:37 PM »
Locked for violation of forum posting rule #14.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com