Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Monza2

• Zinc Member
Collision Model
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »
I would like to see the collision model changed so that BOTH aircraft would crash it there is a collision. If this happened people would be more careful about how they would join combat and the number of "ho" type attacks would drop. Win Win?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 09:59:58 AM »
So you would be ok having a plane fly past you a couple lengths away from you and your plane crashing from it?

Below is a video of the two views of a flight. One from "YOUR" point of view, and one from "MY" point of view over lapped at the same time in space/game.

Your the plane that is just flying along minding your own business I come booming in to pick you and from my view I clip you, from your view I am a couple lengths back. From your view You shouldn't get ANY damage because Im not any where near you, but if they change it to the way you want you'd be down too. How would that make people fly more careful? They only interested in getting you out of the sky one way or another.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 10:30:32 AM »
IT would be even worse. Now can everyone avoid a collision if they want by simply avoid flying into the enemy. If it is changed it means that you can be killed in a collision with no chance of avoiding it and an inferior pilot can always take out his opponent by simply ramming him. Today if you ram someone you go down but the opponent usually survives because there isnt any collision on his computer.

If you dont want to die in a HO, dont HO. For a HO to occur BOTH pilots must go head on. Its as simple as that.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:48:01 AM »
I would like to see the collision model changed so that BOTH aircraft would crash it there is a collision. If this happened people would be more careful about how they would join combat and the number of "ho" type attacks would drop. Win Win?

No, head on attacks would not change. Pointing the gun at the bandit will always be the first choice of the novice.

The collision model is required because we don't all play on the same computer and there is time required to exchange position data on the internet. This also means that the bandit has a better shot than you think he does if he's behind you. When you are behind the bandit you get the same advantage.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 01:37:22 PM »
IT would be even worse. Now can everyone avoid a collision if they want by simply avoid flying into the enemy. If it is changed it means that you can be killed in a collision with no chance of avoiding it and an inferior pilot can always take out his opponent by simply ramming him. Today if you ram someone you go down but the opponent usually survives because there isnt any collision on his computer.

If you dont want to die in a HO, dont HO. For a HO to occur BOTH pilots must FIRE head on. Its as simple as that.

Fixed. Anybody can "joust" and fire on a head on merge, most of the skilled guys are the ones who maneuver for a shot or never fire on a head on merge.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 05:54:33 AM »

. . . If you dont want to die in a HO, dont HO. For a HO to occur BOTH pilots must go head on. Its as simple as that.

Of course you can hit another plane from any direction.  Even hit plane parts.

I agree with all the other posters.  Both planes going down every time after a collision is a bad idea.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 01:27:35 PM »
I would like to see the collision model changed so that BOTH aircraft would crash it there is a collision.

No you wouldn't.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »
Skuzzy should post a sticky with Fugi's clip and an explanation about the collision model.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 02:52:49 PM »
I know right! This thread is like a comet that spins in from the kuiper belt about every 6 months!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 04:00:10 PM »

BOING!  Wish granted!

If both planes collide, they both go down.

The problem is, most of the time both planes do not collide.  See "The Fugitive's" first post.  If you do not understand that post, please ask questions.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 04:41:12 PM »
Skuzzy is too dang happy to make peoples wishes come true some times...... :O

No trees were harmed in the process of Skuzzy being nice since he didn't need a Louisville Slugger. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »
Monza2, do you understand now how it works?  If you don't please let us know...  This is the 3,925th thread on the collision model, and they all end up about the same, so let us know early if you don't get it, so we can answer quickly before this thread goes like the other 3,924 did. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 04:31:13 PM »
I see this complaint is still cropping up  :bhead
Osiris
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 04:35:49 PM »
I see this topic is continuing! Its been
going on for years  :neener:
Osiris
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 07:06:53 PM »
Collision model=not obvious

(Collision model+explanation)collision model=obvious

There is no shame in bursting a blood vessel and whining about collisions absent understanding the why and how.

Likewise there is nothing to be proud of in condescension or sarcasm towards someone who is ignorant.

Still and all, red fruit, garden of Eden etc etc potato chips
Pies not kicks.