Author Topic: The fun unorthodox tactics we use  (Read 714 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
The fun unorthodox tactics we use
« on: November 11, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »
One of my favorite aircraft for strat bombing and messing around is the 234 in the game. Though its fast she cant out run all the prop driven planes i go against. With full fuel and bombs i keep my RATO's after take off its pretty difficult to get it off the ground and is like flying a cement truck at first but it pays off. I cant even start to explain how many players iv probably annoyed this way. Once i get in the dar ring il have couple fighters take a good while to climb to my alt, then take a little longer to get to get their speed going. once they fire the first burst within range, WOOOOOOOOOOOSH  :joystick: blast off my rato's and bye bye fighters. If Im flying home when im lighter forget about it. I only use my 20mms as last defense.

Other things i do that seem somewhat effective or i do just for the heck of it. 
Using an m8 as an AA gun which has proved itself against bomb****s.
Using a d3a To fight zeros because many people want to believe the zero is the tightest turning...
I LOVE deacking a CV then landing on it.  :bolt:

Any of you guys do this kinda stuff when just messing around and having fun in game?  :cheers:

Offline tuton25

• Nickel Member
Re: The fun unorthodox tactics we use
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »
I like to dogfight in formations of B-26s, that's always fun  :D
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 07:04:23 PM »
I like to dogfight in formations of B-26s, that's always fun  :D
i always end up losing my wings.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 05:26:57 AM »
Skyguns unorthodox is why I am here!  I love pushing the limits of planes.  Flying them outside their envelope and initial design role.  I changed my name to X15 in game because of this LOL!

Bomber hunting in Stukas to landing on enemy CVs like you.  All a blast!  I think that all planes should only be able to do what they were capable of in WWII though.

I really try to get to know the planes.  Sweet spots.  My current craziness is air domination via P-47d25*...when P-40s are out of stock.  Some of my notes are here.

I am with you man!  :rock

EDIT
Some other adventures include:
* N1k flying missle technique.
* Horde surfing in the F4u-1c.
* 45 degree bomber Ho removal service (requires cannons).
* I-16 de-orbit burn fun.

WARNING: Flying in the manner described here will have adverse effects on your score.

* I fly it with one drop tank and 25% fuel. The 47d25 (like many planes) can do some cool things when light.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:04:50 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 06:54:20 AM »
I've pondered extensively on that projectile vomiting rod that sticks out the back of the Arado.  I've been blasted by them more than once... thing is, it seems too easy.  I whacked Walleye with them once, he was in a Spit (and way too high) and all I did was pull into a climb and lay on the trigger.  Not even in F3, and I never even looked behind me.  Same thing happened to me in reverse, at least once... verified with the pilot...  and I was actively attempting to stay out of the cone of fire from the Arado (not sure what the Arado pilot was doing, but he did state he was firing blind).  Mighty conspicuous drain on the coincidence theory, if you ask me. 

How in THE hell do you deack a CV with a Val?

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 09:56:40 AM »
i always end up losing my wings.

fly it the way you would fly a fighter with 1k bomb under each wing.  you will outturn anything at low speed and if you dont.  you can shoot them down as they try to turn with you.

I once roped a p38 with a single b26.  it was funny.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 11:42:38 AM »
once they fire the first burst within range, WOOOOOOOOOOOSH  :joystick: blast off my rato's and bye bye fighters.

That's pretty funny!  How many times have you been accused of cheating when you did that?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 11:52:38 AM »
That's pretty funny!  How many times have you been accused of cheating when you did that?

I've seen it done a couple of times in the past couple of years.  Nobody thought it was a big deal.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 12:14:14 PM »

Never been accused and like randy says its been done before. I have however have had many people PM me rather mad after i make them track me for 45 minutes. Stuff like "whats the point of you paying if your just going to run and waist both our time". If anybody here remembers vanscrew he used to Tick a lot of people off by going light and diving in front of a player then firing his rear 20s. It ticked me off a little once but iv got to admit, it was pretty skilled and a bit funny.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »
I've pondered extensively on that projectile vomiting rod that sticks out the back of the Arado.  I've been blasted by them more than once... thing is, it seems too easy.  I whacked Walleye with them once, he was in a Spit (and way too high) and all I did was pull into a climb and lay on the trigger.  Not even in F3, and I never even looked behind me.  Same thing happened to me in reverse, at least once... verified with the pilot...  and I was actively attempting to stay out of the cone of fire from the Arado (not sure what the Arado pilot was doing, but he did state he was firing blind).  Mighty conspicuous drain on the coincidence theory, if you ask me. 

How in THE hell do you deack a CV with a Val?

Tumor

I fight Zeros and other turn and burners in a val, I'm not sure but i wanna say it has the tightest turn in the game but other players seem to think of it being a sluggish dive bomber. I use a B25H to kill deack CVs and land on them. I have also made a custom sort of aircraft/tank sight hybrid sight for the 25. Proved effectively.