Author Topic: My "This game has become junk" rant.  (Read 18419 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Re: My "This game has become junk" rant.
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 07:30:59 PM »
Hack,

The bish city was below 45%, so when their HQ went down, the 5 minute down time increased per the effect the city has on strat rebuild times. So now the target to defend is your city. It's amazing how all three sides ignore the city until it's too late. And that is a long time period of ignoring while some energizer bunny drops his load, bails and putters back with another load over an hour or so to just get it down to 50%.

I guess the new mean thing to say is: Ok now it's up and defend your city or else.

We have a new whine then. You guys need to whine that Hitech has to increase the hardness for the city and change it's down time to 5 minutes. Shades of Mizzou, just the mention of the word HQ, or down time, or hoard, or puffy ack, or or or...trigger words and fainting spells and long drawn out whines in the forums. Man is wee's delicate.
:airplane: What do  you expect? High Tech has things arranged to where you have to "gang bang" to take a base!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 07:55:08 PM »
Ehermmm....

2 countries?  Didn't work in the past, I get it.. i think.

What about now?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 09:46:59 PM »
I think rpm is right.  In USA Prime Time and then late nights USA afterwards it's a two teams vs one gang bang.  They think it's funny.

Here's a question I asked the other night:  What happens if your team loses the map?

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 09:48:39 PM »

Here's a question I asked the other night:  What happens if your team loses the map?

- oldman

they take away 25 perks from each category   :noid :noid

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 10:22:46 PM »
People staying logged in to collect perks when we win a map needs to end, too. When nearly half of the people on your country logged in are just sitting in the tower the ENY just kills you. Maybe they could change ENY to the number of people in flight or just award the entire country perks instead. (insert angry old man shaking fist at the sky here)
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2015, 02:08:52 AM »
Killing the city is very much part of our overall strategy, does not make since to do it for 5 mins downtime otherwise.

As far as the GV alert, why stop there? How about an NOE alert, a SFOX is clicking around on the map planning something alert, or the other team has posted a mission alert. I think the knights would be immune from the last one though. It could be like the pre-crime unit in that one movie. You know the one with Tom Cruise and the balls? Those should help you be the dominant team. While you are lobbying you could get a Bish only arena, insuring total victory every time.

To implement the GV observation corps we could have some natives running around in loin cloths, guys in berets that look like resistance fighters, or partisans to be the alert system for GVs. Then we would have to run around and pick them off like ninjas before we go in, the way we would see them through the trees would be from the puffs of their cigarettes. That would be super! Plus then the sheep would have someone to watch out for them.  :rofl

Also, as a side note I don't know you needed a ball or balls to play this game. Apparently they are quite important for the game somehow, as people keep mentioning on these forums about them being missing, or that some need to be grown. Someone mentioned something about growing a pair, do you plant two golf balls in the ground and grow a ball tree? So if anyone has seen my lost balls, could you please return them to me. I do not know what they look like. They might be fuzzy like a tennis ball, or hard like a billiard ball, even possibly big like a basketball. At this point I am confused on the ball subject, as to my understanding that no ball was required to play a combat sim game. If you do find my missing balls, could you please care for them, and only gently play with them in the applicable sport (no playing tennis with the billiard ball) until they are returned to my possession, as to not harm them.

Thank you and that is all <S>
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:46:51 AM by vHACKv »
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 05:42:15 AM »
rpm has some valid points.  As do you all.

Maybe the root cause of many of the issues described is the time between major software updates.  AH2 to AH3 for example.  I cannot remember if it was this way from AH1 to AH2. We very extreme loyalist fund the game continuity\development during the lean times to a significant degree. We are not privy to investor $ numbers.  Maybe after AH3 is out and the marketing machine has brought in the next huge wave of players all will be well.

Change Request to AH\HiTech: For next time (AH3 to AH4 etc.) could you please PLEASE higher some interns and\or part time coders to shorten the development cycle.

Sincere thanks. You all do great work and we feel you do listen to us and have the best product of this game genre.  :salute
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:53:08 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 06:46:53 AM »
Also, as a side note I don't know you needed a ball or balls to play this game. Apparently they are quite important for the game somehow, as people keep mentioning on these forums about them being missing, or that some need to be grown. Someone mentioned something about growing a pair, do you plant two golf balls in the ground and grow a ball tree? So if anyone has seen my lost balls, could you please return them to me. I do not know what they look like. They might be fuzzy like a tennis ball, or hard like a billiard ball, even possibly big like a basketball. At this point I am confused on the ball subject, as to my understanding that no ball was required to play a combat sim game. If you do find my missing balls, could you please care for them, and only gently play with them in the applicable sport (no playing tennis with the billiard ball) until they are returned to my possession, as to not harm them.
Thank you and that is all <S>
I've seen the "gangbangs" work against all chess piece countries. So have nothing to add about that besides... __it happens!

Did get a PM the other day saying "UR NUTLESS"! Why? I upped a Whirb to help out a chess piece countryman trying to land with no ammo left and bingo fuel, while a enemy chess piece was trying to vulch him on landing. Unfortunately for him, my fellow chess piece countryman out flew him even in his feeble attempts on the vulch. Finally I pulled into the middle of the runway, stopped, fired, and ended his pursuit of swooping in for the kill.

I guess his "Big Nuts" got in the way of him seeing my Whirb sitting on the runway.  :rolleyes:

To me... it's only a game, and when it becomes frustrating... I log off! To each their own...

X  :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2015, 07:06:56 AM »
People staying logged in to collect perks when we win a map needs to end, too. When nearly half of the people on your country logged in are just sitting in the tower the ENY just kills you. Maybe they could change ENY to the number of people in flight or just award the entire country perks instead. (insert angry old man shaking fist at the sky here)

I just don't think it is quite as black and white as you say.  No doubt there are a few that just stay logged in.  Most of the tower sitting probably has a reason.  Some of things I have heard on vox.

Got to go walk the dog
Pizza man at the door
Need a beer and make room for more
Granddaughter or Grandson wants to talk to me
Just need to take a break
legs went too sleep
butt went to sleep
Making a sandwich
Wife is frisky
girlfriend is frisky
girlfriend is frisky and wife coming back soon

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2015, 08:02:54 AM »

- oldman

I cannot speak for all bish.  I can speak for myself and that is If we lose the map we lose the map.  If a country meets the requirements of the game to win a map let it be so.  It's built into the game.  Why is that even remotely an issue, given the OP's message?

The OP was (in case you missed it....and you did) stressing the fact that when any two sides gang the third without fighting each other (for bases) it causes a massive imbalance of power.  He didn't take a screen shot but I did, and while the rooks and nits had the bish down to 27% of owned initial bases both the rooks and nits owned ZERO% of each others bases.  In plain English, two sides allying themselves against the third with no interest in fighting each other for bases, and therein lies the problem.  ENY, which is worthless as it already stands, does not factor in the ENY of any two sides ganging the third, in and of itself it twice as worthless, and this goes for ANY countries who decide to play their $15 bucks that way.

It is funny to me to see a squad and/or two countries claim how awesomesauce they are to beat the bish when it's 150 vs 75.  I don't blame the OP for not upping a capped set of bases to give the enemy easy gang-bang kills.  I wouldn't either.

If rooks & nits want to play that game in USA Prime Time and USA late night -- let them!  It's their $15 bucks.  Bish still win the majority of the maps.  If the nits & rooks want to be the same team --just with different color flags-- let them do it.  Actions speak louder than words.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2015, 09:58:16 AM »
Roll aa 262 or Temp and go fight the hoard!! Seriously, those planes are designed not get cought by the majority of other planes in the game. You and 3 other wingmans can disrupt that hoard in a matter of minutes. Fighting agaisnt the hoard is much more fun than not having any one to fight at all.....
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2015, 10:00:43 AM »
Roll aa 262 or Temp and go fight the hoard!! Seriously, those planes are designed not get cought by the majority of other planes in the game. You and 3 other wingmans can disrupt that hoard in a matter of minutes. Fighting agaisnt the hoard is much more fun than not having any one to fight at all.....
Except when ENY kicks in, that's a good idea.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »

- oldman

it's impossible to lose the map.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2015, 11:41:32 AM »
Except when ENY kicks in, that's a good idea.

How would the ENY kick in if your team is getting hoarded by both sides yet your team has the most players???? That doesn't make sense...

IF your team has the most players so that ENY kicks in and is getting hoarded by both teams, there's obviously an issue with the players skill level, coordination, and teamwork, that is the big problem.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »
The OP was (in case you missed it....and you did) stressing the fact that when any two sides gang the third without fighting each other (for bases) it causes a massive imbalance of power.

Actually, I didn't miss it.  My question probably should have been "so what?"

- oldman