Author Topic: Patch 87  (Read 2842 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 87
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2015, 02:18:34 PM »
The default view is tilted down for the instrument panel. You can reset it with Home and F10 to zoom in with the gunsight centered.

Did you modify the A20G, mine still zooms to the center of the gunsight. For some time now I've only been updating with the partial patch or testing the auto downloader. Do I need to install a full download to get your updated HPS files that Hitech rolled out?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2015, 02:52:55 PM »
The patch installed the default views, but if you have a custom view, it will override the default views.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »
Did you modify the A20G, mine still zooms to the center of the gunsight. For some time now I've only been updating with the partial patch or testing the auto downloader. Do I need to install a full download to get your updated HPS files that Hitech rolled out?

Here it is, you can just unzip it into the folder after saving your views. If you use FOV 80 you'll want to use the second forward view in addition to the default forward and forward/up views since there is less or no overlap with the narrower view depending on model.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2015, 03:25:13 PM »
It's 6/6/1942 sometime between 0500 and 0600. 

This a TA 152 riding at 20k.  I can't see most of the instruments and the map is black.  This may have already been reported.  I think someone previously mentioned the map.  However, I may have flown off the map  :uhoh.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:08:01 PM by Shrike »
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »
The default view is tilted down for the instrument panel. You can reset it with Home and F10 to zoom in with the gunsight centered.
Thanks
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2015, 05:37:02 PM »
Ran a clean full install and got the new views.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2015, 06:32:49 PM »
I forgot to mention when I was flying the Yak7 and looking out the side window the oil streak looked kind of strange.  I also had a pilot wound too.  I could not see out the front windscreen.  It made for a challenging landing :).  See Yak7OilStrek ss.

On the other hand, the Temp oil streak looked really cool.  I noticed there is not cockpit art in the Tempest.  Maybe there never was so it's just an observation.  I had a damaged engine in flight on this one and there was not visible damage to the prop.  There was also a busted aileron which showed missing.  The rudder was damaged too but it was not missing, however, there was no deflection with rudder inputs.  The left elevator was also out.  Like the rudder the control surface was present but no deflection for inputs.

I flew the Tu-2's for awhile with nothing to report.

Another good catch Shrike.  It seems that the masking effect that is present in current version is different.  I took several looks at it via filmviewer, and the effect is MUCH darker (IIRC, until I have direct comparison).  Also, there have been other views (pony was one also IIRC) where there seems to be a head position outside of the glass.  Here, it just seems to be just outside of the frame ????   :headscratch:

Screenies from the filmviewer attached.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
It's 6/6/1942 sometime between 0500 and 0600. 

This a TA 152 riding at 20k.  I can't see most of the instruments and the map is black.  This may have already been reported.  I think someone previously mentioned the map.  However, I may have flown off the map  :uhoh.

Oh heck I'm quoting myself here.  I'm thinking the unreadable instrument thing I was seeing may be related to alt+f4.  I noticed a similar view instance when I was going back to the game from the desktop in one of the Spit's.  However, the dark view only lasted for a second and then reverted back to a normal view of the instrument panel.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »
Online\Offline List of Planes that are damaged spawning in hanger.

Breaks Prop
Typhoon
109-G2, G6, G14
TBM
G4M1
B17
A20G\Boston

Snaps off rear end.
La5\7
SpitV
Seafire
N1K2
Brewster
B5N
D3A
B29

Breaks and Towers player.
F6f

Drops very long way to floor.
Ki-61

Continuous bouncing after spawn in.
F4u-1C
F4u-4

Looks like the drop to the floor after spawning in is doing all of this.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2015, 07:12:17 PM »
 :old: Old Phart newbish question:  Is it normal for the game to open 3 instances of AHBETA.EXE when updating? 

I installed the AHBETA21AOD and nothing seems to happen when starting the game.  Just hangs on that ahbeta.exe file. (see attached screenshot)
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2015, 07:46:23 PM »
Sounds like an obsolete file. Try the full download.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2015, 08:44:18 PM »
:old: Old Phart newbish question:  Is it normal for the game to open 3 instances of AHBETA.EXE when updating? 

I installed the AHBETA21AOD and nothing seems to happen when starting the game.  Just hangs on that ahbeta.exe file. (see attached screenshot)

AH3 isn't in beta yet, alpha only. I don't know where you got that 2011 installer file but I wouldn't trust it unless you found it laying around your hard drive from an earlier day.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »
AH3 isn't in beta yet, alpha only. I don't know where you got that 2011 installer file but I wouldn't trust it unless you found it laying around your hard drive from an earlier day.
Yes it was on my HD.  Tried the Full v87 install and it hangs up at 180k downloaded.  I'm wondering if my Avast anti-virus is messing it up?

Running Win7 fully updated and a GT-740 graphics card
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2015, 10:19:38 PM »
Yes it was on my HD.  Tried the Full v87 install and it hangs up at 180k downloaded.  I'm wondering if my Avast anti-virus is messing it up?

Have you tried downloading Aces High from the home page or are you just interested in the alpha test?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2015, 10:33:04 PM »

I suppose it could be Avast but Skuzzy would know what to do.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001