Author Topic: Calling for the Bizman  (Read 299 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
Calling for the Bizman
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »
Hey Biz,
Fresh install of W7/64, fully updated to present.

Having trouble with pc remembering user name and pass word here and another forum I use.

Any thoughts. autocomplete forms, login names and pw's enabled, cookies enabled at default level. Are there any of the ms security updates that will mess with this.
 Any thoughts?
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Calling for the Bizman
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 05:42:29 AM »
Just thoughts, can't guarantee anything:

The first thought is about the browser. Which one are you using? I've seen IE having issues with some sites. I suppose it's because each of the versions of IE acts differently compared to the standardized net site code.
Try resetting the browser you're using. Also reset IE, which is the same as Internet Options in Control Panel. They interact anyway on some level.

You say your computer is "fully updated". How fully? I'm not sure about whether the Optional Updates could have anything to do with this issue or not, but were talking about Windows who is a woman's mind in a female body. Computers are feminine, if you haven't already noticed...

I've noticed that some sites don't even ask for saving the login information and some of those which do, don't automatically fill it. On my computer it might be because I don't allow autocompleting forms and my cookies get wiped off every time I exit the browser. This site works with those settings, though.

Sorry, I can't give you any better advice than this.

Oh, yet one thought: If you feel the login has been working automatically at some date, you might have a Windows Restore point allowing you to test for potential update causes.

Addendum: A quick search revealed you're not alone with that problem. It also seems to affect all major browsers. And there were no real answers in any of the threads I read.

A couple of last tricks: First export your passwords if there's many of them. If only a few, skip. Install another browser, don't import any settings. Test if it works. If it does, use it. If not, you've at least tried. You can also try to create a new profile in your browser. In IE resetting does the same.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:58:11 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Calling for the Bizman
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:09:03 AM »
I have noted bulletin boards based on phpBB do not remember login/passwords, even though there is an option to do so.  Could be a misconfiguration by the site admin.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com