Author Topic: Trainer clinics  (Read 553 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Trainer clinics
« on: December 31, 2015, 07:13:08 AM »
Any chance of bringing these back now and again?

Another idea....trainer v trainer or player v trainer or player v player duels; including films. A year or so Jugler presented a number of these, including some captions which described various elements of the fight. I thought they were VERY helpful.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Trainer clinics
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »
We'd like to have more clinics this coming year. You can also learn anything you'd see in a clinic by scheduling an appointment with a trainer.

Frenchy posted a nice film recently you might like.   https://youtu.be/nMLnJai8rxU

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 05:33:42 PM »
What topics in particular would you like to see done in a clinic format?   It's good to have some specific topics/focal-points to let players know what to expect out of a session/clinic.  I'll be happy to help work on these, but I would like to know what specific areas of interest exist for players.

With regard to 1v1 analysis, what is it you would like to see out of those?  1v1's fights have lots of variables: co-E merges in similar aircraft, co-E in dissimilar aircraft, E-advantage/disadvantage fights (offensive and defensive starting postitions), etc.  There is lots to cover just under the heading "1v1".  If you can find the link to the films Jugler did, let me know, as I'd like to see what it was about those that you liked.

Personally, I think the most useful thing for players is to get feedback on their OWN fights.  Watching other people's films can give you some insight, but reviews of your own films are a very useful thing because it directly addresses what YOU are doing (right, wrong or otherwise).  It's usually the mistakes players don't know they are making or don't know how to correct that are holding them back the most.  Watching others' films often won't help that, because they don't know what to look for.  Whereas getting an honest outside opinion on your own flying can often open your eyes to things you never would have improved on your own.  I speak from personal experience on this.  For that reason, I am a big fan of Aces High film reviews.  The ability to auto-record or use Alt+R to record our flights is a great tool built into Aces High.  I strongly recommend taking advantage of it!

I used to help Latrobe do AH film flight reviews, which he posted into YouTube videos (I would email him an analysis and he often used my feedback in the film). While I am currently not a "film-maker", I am always willing to look at Aces High films and can do a written review with feedback for anyone wants to submit a film of their flying/fights.  I can also get with you in the Training Arena and work with you on any aspects of the fight that might be helpful.  You can post them here or in the Films section asking for a review or PM me for an email address where you can send your AHF and I will review them with you privately -- if you prefer.  Obviously things we can post on the forum are best, because they may benefit other players, but I'll do private reviews if that's what the person is more comfortable with.

Hope I can help in this regard.  Thanks for posting!

<S>
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:47:00 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »
Excellent video! :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76