Author Topic: Patch 88  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Re: Patch 88
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 06:38:19 PM »
AutoUpdater worked w\o issue and patched to 88 from 87.

Went in game and all came up just fine.
I flew around in my ole SpitIX & the sounds sounded OK to me but I have 1 observation:

Is it realistic for the engine RPM's to stay at 2600 once the throttle has been backed off so that the manifold boost pressure has dropped below say 2 lbs or less, especially when the engine manifold boost pressure has dropped below 0 lbs boost?

Shouldn't the actual engine RPM's start dropping some amount in proportion due to the reduced engine HP output, if not dropping fully to an idle speed as the prop is still biting into the air somewhat, even though the blade pitch has been reduced? Say from 2600 to 1500? And would this RPM reduction constitute an engine sound change as well?

I noticed this on approach to landing the plane.

Is this representing reality?

Curious here?

:headscratch:

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 07:09:51 PM »
AutoUpdater worked w\o issue and patched to 88 from 87.

Tried to check Video settings on initial startup of Patch 88, ctd. Had to go to the Task Manager to get out. Tried it again same thing.

Started up Mission Arena, joined mission, at air spawn ctd. Restarted tried to join in progress mission, ctd again.

Environmental sounds startled me, thought I had someone else in the room with me  :uhoh. ( I am home alone  :bolt:)

Went to the GS4 arena, everything worked fine but, as mentioned earlier, rounds stop when you release the trigger but the sounds of firing continue.
If fire again the new cannon round fire adds to the previous sounds that are still going.  Each time you pull the trigger, the new sound of firing adds to the previous ones where you end up having the sound of many rounds being fired at once.  :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 08:02:28 PM »
Some more notes:

As others have mentioned computer CTDs on exit from patch 88.  (Code C0000005)

My CTD (actually hard reboot) with certain ground clutter in the beta3 terrset03 terrain is gone.

Bouncing for wheeled vehicles (well at least the Jeep) seems a tad strong, but it would also be nice if it was better correlated to the visual appearance of the terrain patch you're driving over.  For example, the baked flat ground in the lemon grove is very bumpy in a Jeep.  I suspect this fine tuning will come later.

On bumpy ground my Jeep flipped upside down and continued to bounce forever (unless I turned the engine off), finally sinking through the Earth.  When below the ground, if you are perfectly upside down, you can actually drive off, upside down, with the wheels running on the underside of the ground.  Only the dust you kick up is visible.  When you get to a non-bumpy terrain, say a field, you flip back over into the real world above ground.  This was reproducible in all terrains.

Had a case where my vehicle engine sound disappeared entirely; even shutting off the engine and restarting didn't work and neither did re-spawning a new tank.  (Engine was functional and I could move and I could hear the tracks.)  I had to restart the program.

PT torpedoes don't make any splash sound when they enter.  (But maybe I'm hallucinating that they make a splash in AH2?  If so, change this one to a wish I guess.)

Oh.. and my clock doesn't tick. :(   I feel left out.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:08:06 PM by 715 »

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 08:53:59 PM »

Auto update OKI click Offline and into arena, CTD.
I click video setting, CTD.

Engine sound undulate periodically.
Cannon sound not finished.
Tank drop and explored.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »
Just fyi.. if you have a sound glitch with a vehicle or aircraft, We would like to know the model you were in when the issue happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 12:58:52 AM »
On the clipboard/options/sounds/advanced the word environment is misspelled.

When you pull the stick back enough you hear the stall horn, pull more and the stall horn goes off instead of staying on until the stall buffet in each a/c tested.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 02:55:21 AM »
Updated no problem.

After loading, into the tower, kicked to desktop straight away.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »
Updated OK.  Had the same problem with Spit16 1ijac had with cannon sound continuing after trigger release and more continuous cannon sound at the next trigger pull.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 11:50:10 AM »
The Mission Arena still starts a countdown to terrain change when the mission starts then boots you after 4 minutes.

Special Events Arena appears scheduled to run Europe5 on the ndisles map.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:18:31 PM by FLS »

Offline syko

• Zinc Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »
took off in Lancaster's from a small field, Sound's sound awesome but the Lancaster's hit the trees then game crashes.
Pigs On The Wing
PIG COMMANDER
[90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap
The Big Rabits

Offline syko

• Zinc Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 12:29:18 PM »
So this test 190f8 sounds are great love it but 190f8 takes off next to the runway in the grass.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:31:36 PM by syko »
Pigs On The Wing
PIG COMMANDER
The Big Rabits

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2015, 01:14:11 PM »
Patch updater worked as intended.

Spit 16 - engine sound and supercharger spin up at start was sweet.  WEP sound worked normally on and off.  Engine sound did not change when throttle pulled back.  I waited 10 seconds with each pull back.  On landing, the engine sound reduced properly only after slowing down through 50mph.  The same was true in the P47M and P38L.  It operated properly in the B29 in all regimes and airspeeds.

That's all I had time to test today.

Overall the sound (on my equipment at least) was rich and full.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 01:15:47 PM »
So this test 190f8 sounds are great love it but 190f8 takes off next to the runway in the grass.

The small fields have a grass runway for fighters.

Offline syko

• Zinc Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »
took off in fw190f8 dove in shot rockets at ack took a hit oil on windshield and what sounds like a rod knocking, so I bail and the knocking of the rod sound kept making noise as I fell to earth it never went away. Had to reboot game..
Pigs On The Wing
PIG COMMANDER
The Big Rabits

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2015, 08:02:04 PM »
I made some film of flying around in the new patch. In each film I have, if my plane crashes like into some trees, the film also crashes.  I'm unable to ffwd through these areas, if i try it crashes.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.