Author Topic: Patch 88  (Read 1184 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Patch 88
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 10:16:54 PM »
Same here. Film works until I crash. Then the film viewer crashes.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 11:34:26 PM »
I drove the M-8 around at V 57 in the GS4 Alpha Arena. It will not reach top speed (62mph) on land, but when I enter the water is goes to full speed.
When I returned to dry land it slowed down again to about 45 mph. It is also very choppy, in other words, the Scout Vehicle bounces up and down allot on level ground with a rhythmic pattern in the sound as well.

I tried upping a Storch from the hangar and it crashed when I started to roll forward. I upped successfully from the E or W spawn.  I was able to fly the storch through the hangars at A 5 without any problems.

The environment sounds are great  :)    I could hear the ocean waves, birds chirping, ect.  Very nice.  :aok

When I quit the Alpha game to come here and post, it would not shut down. I had to use my Task Manager to close it.
But, it quit fine when I used a T-34/85.  Interesting.  :)

I also noticed I you use the MS button to go to desktop, I cannot go back into Aces High Alpha Game.

I went in and tested some other GV's. The Tiger II bounced allot when I reached 25 mph even though I was on level ground.
I turned my engine sound down to 15 per cent to hear enemy gv's. 1eye was in a Tiger II. I could hear him with his engine running hiding behind
a V hangar.   :)

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:35:21 AM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 12:25:48 AM »
GS4 Arena

Was in a tigerII and I turned up the other engines to 100 from 80 and left my own at 80.  I did this in the hanger and heard something like the wind but louder.  I quit the game from clipboard and the strong wind sound continued while I was looking at arena selection on clipboard.  It stopped when I clicked on quit again on the clipboard.  It seems like the sound is being carried out of the arena like the light of day was on the clipboard before it was fixed this last update.  I can barely hear enemy gv's engines at close proximities.  That also may be true about friendly gvs but none were on.
"One-Eye"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2015, 05:20:08 AM »
Download and update OK.

Tower sounds OK, although the clock seems to tick too loud compared to the ambient working sounds. The clock ticking doesn't have a direction, which can get a little disturbing. If I heard right, the work sounds come from varying random directions, making an illusion of men working all around.

I went to check the sound settings, noticed they were "Windows default". Changed the speakers to 7.1 (incorrectly, my headset is 5.1) which caused a CTD with a message of ahalpha.exe having stopped working. I couldn't give the required input to that message until Ctrl-Alt-Del allowed me to open the Task Manager after which I could use my input devices normally. After restarting the game the tower sounds could be heard already at the arena choice clipboard view and they stopped when I entered the arena. Again I checked the sound settings which still were "Windows default". This time I chose correctly 5.1, again CTD after clicking Apply. Again Ctrl-Alt-Del was needed to be able to stop the stuck game. A third attempt, this time the arena choice music played until I entered the arena where the tower sounds worked as described earlier. The sound settings showed 5.1.

Went to the Hangar, noticed the ambient sounds there also had random directions. What I found somewhat funny was that when I tried to look at the direction where I heard some grinding noise coming from there were no tools or workbenches. One could expect seeing at least some parts under repair lying around, but no, the hangar is almost empty.

Took an A20. The engine sound responded to the throttle nicely. Revved the engine with brakes pushed all the way, but apparently the engines were more powerful than the brakes. I managed to first break the left engine against the hangar doorpost which caused me to drive a circular path against the hangar wall, breaking the other engine, too. I like the idea of using the "Engine stop" sound also when it breaks, although a more dramatic sound would add even more immersion. Same sound with some extra clunks maybe?

While crashing against the hangar wall I noticed that the plane kept shaking even though no engines were on.

Took an AM2 which was the next on the list. Nothing to add there. Throttle, flaps, gear, gun, crash all worked.

Took a G6, same as above.

After ditching the G6 I noticed that the animation of grass waving in the wind looks wrong. Instead of waving and bending, rows of stiff plants move back and forth like in a carnival shooting gallery. Almost made me seasick! Trees look fine, the leaves and branches move in a realistic way.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »
Installed no problem. 

Started sound testing with P-38.  Super start sound.  Very, very bad engine running sound.  Still no dive flap sound(Wishing).  P47 sounds just like p-38.

Played with Speaker layout then all other drop downs went blank.  Tried exiting arena and still blank on reentry.

Exited game then restarted.  Drop downs game back.  Changed speaker drop downs then lost sound even after resting back to the proper settings.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2015, 01:34:06 PM »
went to AVA room, flew 110 G2 nice til I fired guns....continuous firing loop, couldn't tell if it was primary or secondary. Didn't stop until I exited the whole game.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »
engine sound slightly apparent in tower after crash, fades after a second.

abrupt sound/pitch changes to engine sound at below ~50 mph in p-47m. I guess this is normal, im still getting used to no audio reference for throttle input and need to complain about something, wep is quite noticeable w/ slight rpm change.  :old:

can fly and drive through utility poles.

seams to be some rough ground off base for gvs (t34) without any obvious/visual reason.

program quit responding after quit from title screen.

looking better and better.  :salute

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 02:49:19 PM »
updated fine went to click online after game was finished downloading exe stopped responding error this happend a few times
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »
On both my terrain offline or NDisles offline, spawning vehicles in the hanger, tire or tredded, when driving out they will not go to full speed. When spawning away from fields, all land smooth but, going into forward gear they have varying degrees of bucking side to side bouncing and never get out of first gear. All on smooth flat ground.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2015, 12:59:12 AM »
Not sure if this has already been reported: B25C middle gun package the shadow on the hanger floor looks like a solid nose, but the plane has a partial glass nose.  With the other 10 gun package the shadow looks like the plane, i.e. a partial glass nose.  Also, with those two packages, gun position 3 (nose) is selectable, but you can't fire and you can't see out.  Position 3 works with the total glass nose.

I've begun testing all planes/vehicle sounds but it's slower going than I thought it would be so here are my results up through B5N:

Doors, gear, flaps, bomb drop sound all work OK.  All MG sound fine.  All cannon, except B29, loop forever until you exit program.  All engine start, idle, and shutdown sounds are OK.  Most engine Mil power sounds have a loop glitch in them except the A20G, B25C, and B25H.  All WEP engine sounds have a loop glitch except maybe A20G.  Multi engine sounds are mono (i.e. starting engine 1 only the sound doesn't come from the left speaker).  As far as I could tell all the stall horns and stall buffet sounds worked OK but the stall horn seems to go quiet sometimes when the plane still appears to be stalling and buffeting.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2015, 12:16:29 PM »
I blew up some targets at a vehicle base in a Pony-D.  The engine sound was quite loud but if I recall I think I can adjust the volume.  This is not a problem I'm just providing some feedback.  The sound is cool.  I fooled around with the manifold pressure and RPM's.  Flaps, up and down, sounds good, gears, up and down, sounds good, ack hits on the plane sounds good, and crash landing sounds are good.  I crashed on an enemy vehicle base, bailed out, and walked over to a manned gun and blew it up with the hand gun.  So nothing unusual here but I could hear birds chirping :).  Not sure if this is new but I liked it.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2015, 01:20:53 PM »
I went to change the sound levels and I experienced a bunch of game crashes.  However, it's inconsistent.  Sometimes it crashes when I do something specific or when I exit the game.  All the testing was offline .

On one occasion I launched in a 190-A5 from A8.  While climbing out I went to options, preferences, game sounds, and tried to move the master volume slider.  The moment I touched the slider the game crashed.  I was able to repeat this 3 consecutive times in the 190-A5.  I started testing the same sequence in the other 190's and I couldn't get the game to crash.  However, one occasion the game crashed while I was trying to exit the game.  On another occasion I launched the 190-F8 and there was no sound until I moved the master slider.  On another occasion the sound would get muted for a second when moving the master slider and on another occasion when I moved the master slider the gear retraction sound could be heard (the gear was not being retracted).  There appears to be something strange going on with the sound sliders.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
Adding trees and buildings to the tile

Launch the Object Editor
Open Terrain Tile
Browse to myterrain\terrset00\texsrc\type0.bmp
Open the type0.bmp
The image of the bitmap is the background for adding trees and objects to your tile.

I have an Object tile open, but want to edit a Terrain Tile.
The first time you open the bitmap, the OE crashes, but you can reopen the OE and it works.
This is repeatable.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2015, 10:26:16 PM »
I finished testing the sound of every plane and vehicle in the game for Patch 88.

Doors, gear, flaps, bomb drop sound all work OK (understandable as they all sound the same).   All engine start, idle, and shutdown sounds are OK.  Most engine Mil power and WEP sounds have a loop glitch.  A few don't, but they all sound the same so it was a matter of particular RPM.  Indeed, changing the RPM setting sometimes makes the glitch less noticeable.

All MG sound fine.  The following cannons all get stuck in an infinite loop that can only be stopped by exiting the program: 20mm Type 99, 20 mm MG-FF, MG151, 20mm M2, 20mm Hispano, 20mm ShVAK*, 20mm Ho-5**, 37mm M8 gun, and 20mm Flak 38.  The rest of the cannons sound fine.  None of the tanks have breech sounds so you can't tell when you're reloaded.

*except ShVAK on Yaks, but they don't sound like the ShVAK on the La-5FN or Tu.
**except Ho-5 on Ki67 but it doesn't sound like Ho-5 on the Ki61.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015, 10:18:33 AM »
I had a problem in the FW190-F8 with the cannon sound not turning off when the trigger was released.  Flew a normal landing and towered and still heard the cockpit-perspective cannon hammering away.  Game crashed on 'quit'.  I'll test the sliders next.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider