Author Topic: Fighting Spit w/caption  (Read 784 times)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
Fighting Spit w/caption
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:20:52 AM »
did a short time in the MA and added captions to my video. this should help sort out the guessing of my intentions and if you like the captions i will keep adding them. there are 4 points in the video asking for opinions. enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25tlsJEwX3k
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Fighting Spit w/caption
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 04:09:11 AM »
Caveats.  I am not sure what model of spit you were in.  The F6F pilot is renowned for being good in that plane so you are up against a good stick.

Point 1 - Shot was fine.  You hit him.  Better timing or different convergence may have made a slight difference but you hit him.  Of note is to lag lead this guy.  You are pointed at his butt until the last second.  It may have been better to point ahead of his nose to give you a smoother shot.  Pulling hard lead or turns when firing adds to the complexity of the shot.

Point 2 - I would not have gone for the split Ess but saying that, it actually worked for you and when you pulled out you had separation.  Had you gone vertical here you would have kept that separation and could have attempted to rope the enemy.  You chose to go very aggressive and turn back in at high E.  You got hurt.  There are times to turn hard and times to zoom.  E state married with the plane you are in and the plane he is in will dictate that.

Point 3 - not lucky.  Good shot.  Many shots are under the nose like that, especially for players like you who like to yank that stick about.

My tip - be smoother on the stick.....you are in blackout too often - make it flow.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Fighting Spit w/caption
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »
Shot #1 was bad because it set you up for the next bad move where the F6 nailed you good.

If your high and behind, YOU dictate the fight. Pulling hard to try and get a lead burns E and you still dont get the shot, or you get a poor one. In the first passyou tried to turn and follow the F6 after rich. Had you looped, or high yo-yoed there you would have droped onto his six with more speed and E and had closed.

The next point (your point 1) again, don't blow your E on a bad shot. Had you high yo-yo or looped there he would never had had the E to climb with you and give you the pilot wound. Stay above the fight, you dictate what happens next, take away HIS options.

Your point 2, lucky shot only in that had he not been busy with the other con you wouldn't have gotten the chance for that shot. Other than that it was a crossing shot with a good profile to shoot at and you took enough off him to finish him off.

Your SA is pretty bad, it's what gets you killed the second flight. You can see it in all of your films. You should be looking around almost as must as looking at your target EVEN WHILE FIGHTING. Don't concentrate so much of your target that 3 others guys can creep up behind you. That is what all the good players do. Look for which ever bad guy looks busy chasing a friendly and then pick him. Don't be that get getting picked all the time.

Trust me, we have all been there. It takes time to learn but you'll get it.