Author Topic: Patch 89  (Read 4583 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Patch 89
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »
Don't bother tc should work next patch

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2015, 02:43:41 PM »
And then there is always Devine intervention from Hitech to save us from ourselves.

Thank you sir. :salute
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2015, 03:44:09 PM »
Glad I stopped before formatting...I backed up any files I needed to save...then decided to chill and jam out on my guitars for a couple hours, heh....

Thanks HiTech

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shrike

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2015, 10:18:34 AM »
It's a new default setting that lets you see the instruments with the new default FOV of 80. In addition the alternate forward view is set to look over the nose. You can change either view back to what you're used to with Home and F10. The other views are also set to work with a FOV of 80 but they also work with 106. If you have a different preference for any view you can reset it. You can also copy your HPS files from AH to the alpha to use your current views.

I went back and read this thread, http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,375631.0.html, and it all makes sense now.  It's a nice feature.  Thanks FLS
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »
You're welcome. If you're using the 80 degree FOV you may want to map the over the nose view, default KP8, to look between forward and forward/up.

Offline Shrike

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
I went to one of the CV's and all the windows and gages on the ship were glowing blue.  I think wave splashes were moving across the deck and were also glowing blue.  I thought this was odd so I filmed my flight deck view but when I reviewed the film it showed me sitting still in a plane I flew prior to entering the flight deck.  I tried several times to duplicate but was unable.

I was able to duplicate what appears to be a visual bug.

1) Launch a instance of AH Alpha
2) Click offline practice using the ndisles terrain.
3) Go to C13 or C20
4) Go to the carrier deck (click the H button) and end sortie..
5) Click task groups and take command.
6) Set a waypoints so the CV makes a 90 degree (+or- 20 degrees).
7) Go back to the tower and watch the large ship compass's and the hull windows with the aft view.  You may have to wait a few seconds but these glass objects will start showing images of plane skins, terrain images, and something that's a glowing blue color (I think it's a skin component).

You'll also notice ship wave splashes running down the carriers deck.  I saved several screen shots and I have a video showing some of what I was seeing but I'll share this screen shot because it produced an in game error message, "Could not load ERr = 8876086C".
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2015, 01:19:11 PM »
This stopped happening for me about two patches ago. It would clear itself if I went into the hanger and came back to the bridge. Used to be instead of the blue, it would be the skin file for a Gv, plane, or even the battle ship once.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »
I was able to duplicate what appears to be a visual bug.

1) Launch a instance of AH Alpha
2) Click offline practice using the ndisles terrain.
3) Go to C13 or C20
4) Go to the carrier deck (click the H button) and end sortie..
5) Click task groups and take command.
6) Set a waypoints so the CV makes a 90 degree (+or- 20 degrees).
7) Go back to the tower and watch the large ship compass's and the hull windows with the aft view.  You may have to wait a few seconds but these glass objects will start showing images of plane skins, terrain images, and something that's a glowing blue color (I think it's a skin component).

You'll also notice ship wave splashes running down the carriers deck.  I saved several screen shots and I have a video showing some of what I was seeing but I'll share this screen shot because it produced an in game error message, "Could not load ERr = 8876086C".

Is your have environment mapping set to none? Does it go away if you set it to 1?

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2015, 03:10:01 PM »
To be honest, I used to have post lighting off and the environment slider to "0" a lot for the gain in FPS. With the terrain I've been building, I turned everything back on to see full effects after running "build" each time.

I just tried post lighting off and environment slider 0. No blue face on the compass in the CV bridge or skins in windows. Turned those back on and the bridge renders normal also. What shrike describes used to be normal for me when in the CV bridge until recently. Both with effects on or off.

Now when I hold down the Num_5 key, my head is still partially up through the ceiling. I've gotten attached to seeing those ack splashes coming over the bow..... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Shrike

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »
Is your have environment mapping set to none? Does it go away if you set it to 1?

HiTech

It was set to 1.  I'll retry with the other environmental map settings to see if there are any changes.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline Shrike

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2015, 04:13:01 PM »

HiTech

I could duplicate on "all, 2, 1, and none".  However, the in game error message, "Could not load ERr = 8876086C", occurs frequently when set to none.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »
I could duplicate on "all, 2, 1, and none".  However, the in game error message, "Could not load ERr = 8876086C", occurs frequently when set to none.

That type of load error normally means your low on video mem.

HiTech

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2015, 01:28:10 AM »

HiTech

I know you're just trying to finish AH3 but will there be any support or optimization for APUs? I have an AMD A8-6410 in a Lenovo-g50-45 laptop. AH2 runs just fine and AH3 alpha runs at 4-8FPS depending on my settings.

Offline Shrike

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2015, 06:45:19 AM »

HiTech

Quite possible.  I'm using a GeForce GTX 650 with 4MB of total memory and 1MB dedicated to video.  It's kind of sluggish and probably needs an upgrade.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2015, 02:26:55 AM »
I've done posted the main current PC I am using ( I have 10 others, ready to go )

AMD FX4350 running @ 4.2GHz
32 GB crucial ballistix 1600MHz DDR3 memory
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 MB
Thermaltake Blackwidow TR2 750watt single rail PSU
Saphire R9 270x oc 4 GB GDDR5 Videocard
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Crucial MX200 250GB Sata3 SSD & Crucial m4 series 128GB SSD sata3
( lot of other stuff no need to include )

one thing I have noticed, I can max out my FPS in the current gme and never hit 2.0 GB's of VidMem use on the VC, most times it is around 117 MB's used.....with everything nearly MAXED

in the AH3 alpha, and as far as I know the same settings ( see issue with initial video setup log in ), I am using 1139+/- MB's using what I think are the same settings in AH3 alpha ....and I still have everything I can access maxed out......and I am still pulling max FPS of 59/60.....with no hicupps......

I am using over nearly a GB+ on mem on the VC now, in AH3 verses AH2.... but I see a lot more now, and my frame rate has not dropped .........but I have yet to fly with like 300 plus,like FSO or scenarios.....so there is that

TC
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:38:36 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC