Author Topic: Tank Sights Problem  (Read 486 times)

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
Tank Sights Problem
« on: January 04, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »
I hope this is the right forum for this . . . if it isn't I apologize and a mod can move it to where it needs to be.

Anyway, I have on occasion gotten into the game, fired up one of the tanks and when I go to the turret position, the sighting is either out of whack or is jumping around like crazy.

I don't know if I have described this accurately enough of not, but when I get this problem the center sighting arrow, that is usually in the center of the circle (barrel), is showing in the lower 1/4 of the circle (barrel) and my shooting is way off.

Is there a way to fix this?

In the past I have had to reboot my laptop a couple of times to get it to correct itself, but this time nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Tank Sights Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:06:01 PM »
A screen shot of the tank sight might be helpful. :P
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 08:07:31 PM »
I am gonna try to upload/attach a screen shot and hope that it works . . .

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:15:01 PM by VanceVP »

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 08:17:33 PM »
I am not real swift with this bbs stuff, but I did figure out how to send the screen shot as an attachment.

When you look at the screen shot, you will notice that the sighting arrow-head is low. Usually it is pretty much centered in the circle of the barrel and this is where I am having the problem.

Thanks again for any help with this.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 09:10:48 PM »
Mine is set up as an analog adjustment. In mode two (use the drop down) under the map controllers sections I have one of my analog rotaries set to adjust the range finder. The closer the range the higher in the site it is. Do you have your assigned to something?

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 09:53:07 PM »
Your sight is set for max range, 4000 meters…explains the reticle being low in the view.

Perhaps you have mapped the sight adjustment to a button that is sticking?  or something along those lines.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 12:55:26 AM »
C and V keys change the range, if memory serves. I have mine set to a joystick button also, so I may have the command wrong.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 02:44:38 AM »
I agree with Columbo, it sounds like the view adjustment is mapped to a controller that is spiking or maybe even responding to mouse movement.

Notice that tanks have mode 2 assigned to them automatically.  You could do a quick test by switching to another mode and see if the range moves correctly with C and V keys.  If so, just map the controller in mode 2 the same (or another know working keystroke or button/s)

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »
Thanks for the input.

I have checked and it looks like I have the zoom ("z") assigned to one of my hat keys so that when I am gving I click the hat and it goes to full zoom. I normally only use the zoom full in or full out when in a gv. I do use the "[" and "]" to change the zoom when doing something like a shore battery or if shooting at a cv group from a tank, but I do not have anything assigned to the "c" or "v" key. I think the use of the brackets for zoom is by default.

Anyway, I fired up the game today and it seems to be working properly so I guess I will play with it the way it is until the next time it acts up or maybe it is time for a new controller.

Thanks again for the help. It is appreciated.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »
VanceVP, Zooming and Ranging are two separate functions when GVing. In the Gunners position, most German & Russian tanks only allow range adjustments, if any. There are some of the perk tanks that allow ranging and a 2 step magnification. The American tanks have fixed sights.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 04:46:49 PM »
Okay . . . so how do I utilize the ranging when GVing?

Have always wondered about that especially after I hear other spitting out ranges.

Thanks

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
Use the C and V keys to set the range, and place the tip of the triangle (German steel) on your target. You can use the triangle to compare the relative size of your target to approximate range. If you look up the manuals for the tank you use the sight will work just as the manual describes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 06:45:32 PM »
Here is a site that explains how to aim with the german gun sight.

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Zeiss_Optics.htm