Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 17200 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »
Wizz, without big numbers this game won't exist period I don't fly in the MA's anymore because of how it is with the very limited time I do have to play the BS just isn't worth my time anymore. I'm going to fly in the upcoming scenario and that's it.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2015, 02:06:07 PM »
You tell 'em V

I'm pretty new to all this. But I enjoy most aspects of the game. And I have tried a lot of different scenarios. GV's (Yeah the really long ones too!) Flying a fighter, which is my favorite, and completely mystifying at times. Bombers, gunnery, and even the PT boat a few times.

And I like bombing missions. Until you have been in a large formation with 262's 163, and 190's comin' from all sides... Well I find that to be pretty good combat action.

Tanks piss me off. Grrr...

And I have seen the strategic value of taking down strats. Including the HQ and city. More than once. Even if it is only to put a monkey wrench ij the attitude of the enemy, Make 'em lose their focus. Isn't that good combat tactics?

I came to this game from flight sims, strategy games like Risk, poker, and chess. Flight sims? Those guys are serious nerds and I can completely relate. The games, on the other hand all include intimidation, deception, attitude, and hopefully, a sense of humor.

I expected AH to be about strategy. So I like the current rules and tactics and am trying to learn to be better at a lot of different aspects of it. One thing about flying with a squad like the 49th is they expect you to be good at a lot of different tactics and scenarios. They are very generous to noobs like me with their time and advice. So I have tried a lot of different things I never even would have thought of on my own. And so I want to do well by them, Isn't that what being in a squad is all about? If that means going off on a loooong crazy drive once in a while, then not only so be it, but gleefully so. I probably still love the fighter planes the most, even though I still pretty much suck at it. But I enjoy most of the different scenarious too.

Hats off to you 49th, by the way, for putting up with me. They tolerate me even though they didn't know I was a left-wing wacko when I signed on. It does make for some lively discussions on those legendarily long 49er's missions.

I even find the whining to be entertaining. You wanna hate some 49er's? Go ahead. Better yet, up some fighter's, shoot my a&& outa the sky and screw up MY plans. Most of y'all seem to be able to shoot me down fairly regularly. <S> It's all supposed to be part of the FUN!

Anyway I'm having a ball the way AH is right now. Could it be better? Sure. Keep working on it. My biggest complaint is the generally rude behavior between a lot of players. 200 is like that morbidly bad movie scene you can't turn away from. But I still like to know the mind of the enemy, so I usually monitor it.

I say leave the HQ hardness alone. It adds a dimension to the game that I enjoy. You take out my HQ? Cool! Good for you. I will try to learn to either subvert your efforts or learn an alternative strategy to fight you. It's part of why this game is so addictive. Things that are hard to master give the greatest rewards when done well.

Remember. It's a game.

The country who loses their HQ usually sees a drop in players, because they log. Fact.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
By all means run the rest of the people out of the game. You have no clue what this game is about and your rationale for grieving people is as lame as ever.
I can do this all day :ahand

I dont play to grief but I will gladly take on all of your anger.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »
I can do this all day :ahand

I dont play to grief but I will gladly take on all of your anger.

It's a game, I don't get angry. I just have a low tolerance for idiots.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2015, 02:10:14 PM »
The country who loses their HQ usually sees a drop in players, because they log. Fact.
Watching all the numbers let hordes  run rampant... is more sickening. Watching all those numbers play selfishly...

Watching all of you waste time on this subject directing your feelings towards me :rofl

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2015, 02:10:34 PM »

Go ahead run away. Just part of the strategy of the game.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »
Go ahead run away. Just part of the strategy of the game.

I hope you're joking.

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2015, 02:14:38 PM »
Nope. Run away. We'll take your bases.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2015, 02:17:59 PM »
Watching all the numbers let hordes  run rampant... is more sickening. Watching all those numbers play selfishly...

Watching all of you waste time on this subject directing your feelings towards me :rofl

Taking out an HQ for nothing more than stirring up people is completely selfish when you have been told over and over by a large part of the player base that it all it does is run people off. That is the definition of selfish.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »
Nope. Run away. We'll take your bases.

We aren't talking about bases, we're talking about HQ's. Keep up.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2015, 02:23:41 PM »
We aren't talking about bases, we're talking about HQ's. Keep up.
that is what you fail to understand. We ARE talking about taking bases and playing a tatical game. you take it some other way...

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2015, 02:27:39 PM »
that is what you fail to understand. We ARE talking about taking bases and playing a tatical game. you take it some other way...

So you take out HQ so you can capture bases unopposed? Great strategy. This game is about fighting, you know that right? :rofl

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »
So you take out HQ so you can capture bases unopposed? Great strategy. This game is about fighting, you know that right? :rofl

Sadly it's not about that any more.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2015, 02:30:45 PM »
Sadly it's not about that any more.

It never was with them.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »
Two different ideals waging forum battle who will win.

As a buff player I see fighting differently than you. My objective is to destroy static objects. It is through countless hours and thousands of sorties that I have gained the ability to defend myself effectively. Fighting 100% of the time to me is pointless as buffs are at a disadvantage to fighters.

I enjoy a good fight. There is nothing like warding off multiple cons and still completing an objective. It is players like me that make it easier for the rest of the team to accomplish what they want out of this game. The very fact that if your not on me team and I decide to take out the HQ(Which is rare) is not my problem.

CO-Fine
XO-KO