Author Topic: New Year, New Attitude  (Read 1115 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: New Year, New Attitude
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 07:15:38 PM »
I have already implemented a Hug system in the MA (<H>), as opposed to the micro-aggression that can be the salute. I understand that some of the players are socially challenged at best, so they need a safe space. We as a community should give them that. Maybe we could start a whole safe space forum here?

Well you get 300 or even 50 people into an arena where no one has to identify themselves and no one really dies, you are gonna have some heated smack talk in competition. There is your "character" in the game and your "character" on the forums. I think a lot of times people take it too far and smack talk harder in both cases which leads to treads of BS, where in both instances either side is being just as harsh as the other, no matter who is right. We all do it. It will never stop in a war game with secret identities, but we can all work to be better at being nicer, especially since most of us come across each other often in the MA.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
+1 Mongoose  :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 08:18:03 PM »
  As we start this new year, I would like to propose we all resolve to come in with a new attitude.

Fine.  New attitude.  Welcoming attitude.  Friendly, helpful attitude.

Do you know, you people are all weasels, cowards and low-lives, not worthy to lick the spit from the boot of a real hero like Jaeger1 or Fork or Shuffler.  Honestly, in days gone by we had men here, real men.  The chickens knew it, too.

But OK.  I can be nice, and kind and friendly.  It makes my intestines produce gas, but I can deal with that.  I'll hold it in, all in the spirit of advancing the game.  Fine.  I can do that.

Hey!  My name is Oldman!  How do you feel about that?  Would you like a blanket, or maybe a pillow...?

- oldman

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 09:53:48 PM »
 :rofl

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 10:31:27 PM »
Too old to learn new tricks' Alice.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 05:29:11 AM »
+1 Good suggestion.  :aok

I trash talk sometimes on 200, more accurately silly talk, but dig most of the folks in AH.  I really never wish anyone in here bad vibes.  Even if someone has a perpetual bad attitude and uses AH as a vehicle to express their neurosis, I figure we need the numbers and they are just as fun to shoot down as anyone else.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 09:40:56 AM »
me and a couple of guys got muted for a few minutes for saying that we like bushlt shaved.  that was last friday, the whole conversation was funny as hell.

200 is the most fun you can have in the game with your clothes off.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 12:29:09 PM »
For some odd reason this past month I have received nothing but nice PMs from folks. Months past whenever I received a PM, 90% of the time it was someone accusing me of cheating or hacking. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)