Author Topic: MakeAHMap and AH3  (Read 2810 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: MakeAHMap and AH3
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »
*.htz (splat and height) oba and your rivers ( i forgot the name)

HiTech

Still no go: heightmap.htz is 42MB (even bigger than the source .raw file) and it doesn't compress much at all in zip.  This terrain is based on high resolution DEM data (NASA 3 microsec SRTM) and it has a lot of fine structure.  Therefore it doesn't compress well.  I've attached the river track file and for testing you could just add it onto a blank flat 512 terrain (that is all land, this region has no ocean).

file: KurskRivers.zip -> Kursk.tra, data from GSHHG available under GNU Lesser General Public License.  Note: some lakes are added as a 99ft wide river outline (pending addition of a lake object or for filling in via Artik's concentric technique).

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 09:56:44 AM »
Hey Artik I was wondering if it would possible to have a version of the current MakeAHMap that outputs the elevation to 4096x4096 instead of 1024x1024? Currently I still do most of my work / editing in Photoshop so it is easy enough for me to take the waterd and size it down to 4096. But sizing up the gndelv.bmp file to 4096 loses quality obviously. So if there was a version of your program that created a 4096x4096 BMP I could use that to construct the height.raw in Photoshop.

I am hoping that it would be just a quick and easy change to make and yes I know it would be a stop gap for now.

Thanks.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »
Actually raw altitude file of 4096x4096 is already working. However water stuff is still very limited and does not work 100%. Also no ground cover.

The project now is at github: https://github.com/artyom-beilis/makeahmap/tree/ah3  I'll push changes to the repository ASAP, if you can't build the code I'll build the exe.

I was busy recently I'll try to get back into it soon.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 11:03:55 AM »
Not sure what you exactly mean by build? Do you mean bring it into Visual Studio and do a build / compile? If so yeah a new exe would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:07:35 AM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team