Author Topic: Patch 90  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Patch 90
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »
Yep the new smoke and the fires and explosions especially at night are pretty amazing.
Off to try mission arena.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 07:16:02 PM »
Updated fine.  I got no CTD on final exiting the program (patch 89 would CTD or hang on exit almost 100%).  From several offline tries I did get one infinite hang exiting a terrain (ndisles).

If you flip a Jeep upside down you can still drive upside down on the underside of the ground.

Jeep tires squeal on dirt, but not on pavement.  Perhaps that should be opposite??

Jeep bumping is weird now.  Hard to describe, but it doesn't bump at all on flat ground, even rocky ground, if you are going fast.  It only seems to bump (a little) if you are going very slow, or bump a lot if you are going slow up a slope.  Coming back down the same slope over the same  terrain at higher speed and it doesn't bump at all.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 10:29:55 PM »
Also try renaming settings folder and deleting chconfig folder.

HiTech

I renamed settings and deleted chconfig and it works offline.  :aok

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 12:59:38 AM »
patch updated fine, still kicked to desktop from the tower, as per the previous 2 patches.

Uninstalled then downloaded the full game, re installed.  Thankfully it seems ok now.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 03:58:45 AM »
Loaded patch 90 and it ran offline with no problems and on several terrains.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 03:05:46 PM »
On the terrain tiles the GV's would shake and wobble reactively, they still do but in smaller gyrations. If you turn off the engine the GV sits micro gyrating side to side.

17lb still needs a gunsight.

Sounds are the best to date. I'm not sure if it matters, the sound for the 37mm manned gun is firing more rounds per second than the gun is firing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 04:27:34 PM »
AHIII updated fine.
Flew online and shot at things for a while.  Seemed pretty smooth.
I was able to exit the game normally.  NO CTD.

The sounds are really great.  Appreciate the hard work.   :salute

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 05:56:42 PM »
Updated fine from patch 85. Took a P-51D up in the CTF arena. No problems. Sounds on motor seems to only have 1 or 2 sounds tied with it... Full throttle or idle throttle. No wind up sound or wind down sound if you would. Sound stayed the same (full throttle) at half throttle even when slowing for landing. I'll check some more when I can
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »
As mentioned before, that's the new normal.  These planes have constant speed props so when you change the throttle the prop changes pitch to keep a constant RPM and that means the engine sounds pretty much the same, but a bit quieter at lower throttle.  You can get the sound to change by manually changing the RPM setting with the keypad + and - keys.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 10:44:48 PM »
downloaded, installed fine

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 04:44:56 AM »
As mentioned before, that's the new normal.  These planes have constant speed props so when you change the throttle the prop changes pitch to keep a constant RPM and that means the engine sounds pretty much the same, but a bit quieter at lower throttle.  You can get the sound to change by manually changing the RPM setting with the keypad + and - keys.

Ahh, that explains it then. Thanks  :aok
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 05:31:37 AM »
I haven't checked but presumably aircraft that don't have constant speed props like the WW1 planes or maybe the Fi-156 will have their engine RPM and sound alter with throttle position.

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 06:07:28 AM »
I cannot run offline.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 08:54:40 AM »
I cannot run offline.

Rename the "settings" folder and see if it works.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 10:42:40 AM »
downloaded and installed fine.

Took a p51 and p38 for a test ride in AVA arena, and the guns sound goofy.  Can't even hear the p38 guns firing, and the p51 guns don't good at all.  Almost muffled?

Also, when logging out of AVA arena to try and go to capture the flag, the clipboard was tiny and unreadable to select the new arena.  Back out to home page, relogged in to arena select screen, and screen was normal again.

I still have the issue when using a mouse for flight, if you pull the clipboard up, it takes away from controlling your plane.  I believe a keystroke should control this, not just the bringing up of the clipboard.

HT I think you acknowledged this before and were considering changing it.  Players interact with the map a lot online, and this feature is making interacting with the map suicide unless you are on auto pilot.  Forget about trying it if you are low on the deck furballing.

Looks great though!  Tower sounds make a nice touch.

:cheers: