Author Topic: Patch 90  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Patch 90
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 10:55:19 AM »

Looks great though!  Tower sounds make a nice touch.

:cheers:

I remember wishing for some ambient noise like birds chirping in the trees and waves rolling in and glad to see my wish come true.    :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 11:12:24 AM »
I remember wishing for some ambient noise like birds chirping in the trees and waves rolling in and glad to see my wish come true.    :D

Same here. :)  I was driving a Jeep around the terrain and stopped with the engine off.  It was so beautiful and peaceful looking around at the terrain that I immediately wished there were birds chirping or the sound wind blowing through the trees.  And voila!  HT creates it before I even get a chance to add it to a wish list. 

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 11:18:52 AM »
I noticed seagull sounds when on the carrier bridge.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 12:08:45 PM »
In capture the flag I locked up after the flag dropped and I bailed. I also ctd'd after landing with the flag. I had a player joined with me in both cases.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:15:24 PM by FLS »

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
Clipboard too small to read after quitting from tower.
At start up the splash screen window is 1350 x 900 and the clipboard is large enough to read.  Native screen resolution is 1920 x 1200 and the game’s video setting is 1680 x 1050.  After quitting from the tower (meaning from a terrain or arena), the splash screen window is only 1181 x 787 and the clipboard is too small to read.  This has been happening for some time and is not limited to patch 90.
Image: p90_SplashScreenSizes.jpg

Tower environmental sounds continue to play after quitting from a terrain.
After quitting from a terrain or arena, the splash screen reappears and the tower environment sounds continue to play while the music plays.

The tic sound from the clock is very loud.
In my opinion the clock sound is overly loud and annoying – makes me want to hid in the hanger where there is some peace and quiet and I don’t feel like my life is slipping away one tic at a time.   :)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 12:54:24 PM »
The tic sound from the clock is very loud.
In my opinion the clock sound is overly loud and annoying – makes me want to hid in the hanger where there is some peace and quiet and I don’t feel like my life is slipping away one tic at a time.   :)

That's weird.  I've never even heard the clock tick (yet I can hear the birds and the hanger work sounds).  Makes me wonder what's wrong with my system.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »
If you enter an online arena that is cycling into night, the tower is very quiet and that tick, tock is very loud. Wonder if we will get individual sound controls for each ambient sound or just a general control for the whole channel?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 06:38:43 PM »
FW190D still missing ball under gunsight.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 11:52:52 PM »
Regarding engine noise-  Seems intentional but I thought I would mention it.  In a dive at full throttle above a certain speed the engine gets relatively quieter.  I *thought* I heard hit sounds from ack when I flew through it, but I could be wrong.  My P38 seemed to lose a bunch of pieces silently as I flew through it later in the same sortie.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 06:44:12 AM »
Ran AutoUpdater Patch 89 to 90 w\o issues.

Went into Video Settings to check all settings....all retained and no CTD on exit...Alpha restarted as expected.

Went into GS4 Arena w\o issues. Took me ole Spitty up.....graphics are superb and sounds are superb as well.

Will do more testing later on.....

All good so far.

:aok

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »
Upped a tiger and tiger 2. When in the sight the needle pointing at the distance you're setting at in the sight is missing
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline hits420

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2016, 11:16:04 AM »
You guys, my bad for this question im so out of the loop. Is there a new Aces High or simply an update. Like aces high 2 and aces high 3? Its been almost a year since ive played but i maintain my account.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2016, 11:34:59 AM »
You guys, my bad for this question im so out of the loop. Is there a new Aces High or simply an update. Like aces high 2 and aces high 3? Its been almost a year since ive played but i maintain my account.
There will be AH3, which currently is in Alpha testing phase. When the Alpha testing is done, there will be a Beta. When the product is flawless enough to be published, it'll be AcesHigh3.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »
Was in AvA Arena just now making strafing runs on ackack....................

Could hear engine sound change pitch (got louder) when slewing views to either right or left w\ no throttle movement & plane flying straight and level.

Is this intentional?

Also while strafing I took a hit in rt wing but heard no hit sound & also heard no explosion sounds after destroying 2 gun emplacements.....

Outside of this rest was golden for me.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »

Hits,

To be more clear, the Open Alpha Test forum (you are here) is here to provide access to the latest versions and patches to each version for account holders like yourself.  HiTech states what his intentions were here (look up at the sticky post at the top of the forum entitled "Please Read"):

A few things to keep in mind.

This is an ALPHA test. Please do not compare our current alpha to other companies finished products. What you see now may be completely different in the final release.

You are here to help us create a product. We are not here to support the product on your system. Our goal is to fix bugs and complete Aces High, not to get the current alpha release working on your system. When you run into issues please try think about how to recreate it vs simply trying to work around it.

We will have different priorities than yours. Things you may think are major issues may be something we plan on addressing at a later time. An example of this is a current stutter issue with the current alpha release. It is a nuisance for some people, but it really does not stop the current alpha from going forward, and hence I haven't spent much time to isolate the issue. But it will be addressed at some point.

Be sure you install the Alpha into a different folder than your current game folder.  Also note, "Custom" arenas are not supported yet.  If you see one on the list, that is from the current release and will not work with the Alpha.

Please post all issues/bugs, with the alpha, in this forum only.

Thanks for your help to complete Aces High.

HiTech

The complete download of the current test version will also be supplied in the Patch Download, listed in the top Sticky post section (Patch 90 at this current date). 

Important to follow the above directions and save the Alpha Version to another directory path than the current Aces High directory. 

After that, subsequent updates will be auto updated when you attempt to access online play (unless the file you attempt to update is more than 1 patch removed; so good to keep an eye out for new patches).

You will notice the auto-updater is much faster for alpha.  That is one of the number of things that you will find improved if you decide to check it out.  Miss out on a patch, you may have to download the entire utility again (not nearly as fast and a number of GB).

One thing to check before any of this, is the minimum requirements, especially having at least 1 GB of dedicated video memory in order to run.