Author Topic: Why are there people on the forum who troll but dont play the game?  (Read 8431 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Why are there people on the forum who troll but dont play the game?
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2016, 10:28:33 AM »
He/They are never going to get it.  Unfortunately those days are gone.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2016, 01:14:24 PM »
What days have gone?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
The days when people played the game for their interest/love of WWII aviation instead of merely playing it for the game itself.  And by saying that I am not saying that anyone is doing anything wrong, just that it is different now.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »
I can only surmise that Wizzie thinks he contributes to the game and only does so by griefing.   

I know there are quite a few that don't like me and I am fine with it.   However, I have lost count of the evenings spent on vox training folks who had basic to advanced questions and training them in whatever plane they had questions about.   Hopping to the DA or an ad-hoc mission type wingman training in the MA.  Helping with FSO's, Scenarios and being involved in the early meetings of what the current scenarios are based on.   But I never asked for a single thing in return.

People like Wizzie have no concept of respect or sociability within a community.   They are selfish and will do everything to justify their lack of actually trying to better the game for others.

Truth. This would be a good last post for this pile of a thread .

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2016, 02:13:33 PM »
From this thread all I've got out of it this has turned into a spam like thread wih nothing really  relevant. Wiz I don't see your point, do you really want vast years of experience and knowledge cast aside?

I don't. Even if some folks don't play they can still contribute. I've gotten help in many areas from folks. I stopped playing for 2 years, yet I threw what I knew around to folks who asked.

I do t know what you're goal is if your truely attempting a troll or just playing dumb or trying to push folks buttons or just trying to get your post number up or what.

Bottom line you don't need to be active in game to contribute.

Just be mindful of your actions.
Once again a complete lack of understanding and a fine example of reading only what the reader wants.

Not bashing you by any means :salute

There is a difference between contributing to this community and just trolling the forums as a non-player. That has been the point all along in this thread.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:19:21 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2016, 02:18:16 PM »
I can only surmise that Wizzie thinks he contributes to the game and only does so by griefing.   

I know there are quite a few that don't like me and I am fine with it.   However, I have lost count of the evenings spent on vox training folks who had basic to advanced questions and training them in whatever plane they had questions about.   Hopping to the DA or an ad-hoc mission type wingman training in the MA.  Helping with FSO's, Scenarios and being involved in the early meetings of what the current scenarios are based on.   But I never asked for a single thing in return.

People like Wizzie have no concept of respect or sociability within a community.   They are selfish and will do everything to justify their lack of actually trying to better the game for others.
Another fine example of the sickness that runs rampant on this game. Voicing ones opinion when it disagrees with a certain player base will only get that person shot down. What people like you fail to realize is I have been around awhile. I used to contribute but in vain. There is a sickness within this community as I have stated before. Its not everyone and I rarely single people out. You sir fit this example :neener:

My in-game contributions to my team speak for themselves. You dont know how I play. By voicing my opinion on certain subjects you draw conclusions that you can not and never will be able to prove. You are a bandwagon forum troll :ahand

It does not matter to me what some of you vets have to say. I will continue to voice my opinion on matters such as these. You do nothing for me and frown upon players who came after you and dont fit your criteria.

If I grief anything its enemy bases :bolt:

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »
Zack still rules. :old:
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »
I troll but play :old:

out the non players!

You know it's right :old:

All the love & power to Zack!!!
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2016, 03:22:20 PM »
Once again a complete lack of understanding and a fine example of reading only what the reader wants.

Not bashing you by any means :salute

There is a difference between contributing to this community and just trolling the forums as a non-player. That has been the point all along in this thread.

The irony of you calling other people trolls  :rofl

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2016, 04:16:20 PM »
I love the ignore feature.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2016, 04:20:17 PM »
The days when people played the game for their interest/love of WWII aviation instead of merely playing it for the game itself.  And by saying that I am not saying that anyone is doing anything wrong, just that it is different now.

How do you know people who play the game now are not interested in WWII aviation.

Why would anyone play AHII if they were not interested?

My 12 year nephew thinks AHII is funny, I thinks his new Starwars game is big fat poo on a stick. :rofl

I would own you in the DA flying with my monitor switch off :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2016, 04:34:50 PM »
Another fine example of the sickness that runs rampant on this game. Voicing ones opinion when it disagrees with a certain player base will only get that person shot down. What people like you fail to realize is I have been around awhile. I used to contribute but in vain. There is a sickness within this community as I have stated before. Its not everyone and I rarely single people out. You sir fit this example :neener:

My in-game contributions to my team speak for themselves. You dont know how I play. By voicing my opinion on certain subjects you draw conclusions that you can not and never will be able to prove. You are a bandwagon forum troll :ahand

It does not matter to me what some of you vets have to say. I will continue to voice my opinion on matters such as these. You do nothing for me and frown upon players who came after you and dont fit your criteria.

If I grief anything its enemy bases :bolt:

Your aiding your "country" by hiding in the shore battery hill with a GV when that was an issue, your aiding your "country by helping drop the HQ for inordinate amounts of time just to tick off the other teams/players, your aiding your "country" by grabbing bases NOE and capping them in a turn fighting buff.

K and other players like him aid the "Communitty" by helping players learn, and fit in with out all the frustration that can come with the steep learning curve this game has. That is what makes players like him more valued than players like you, even if they ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2016, 04:42:42 PM »
The irony of you calling other people trolls  :rofl

The sad thing about it is that people like him have no clue of what trolling is.   They use the term incorrectly and often. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2016, 05:01:49 PM »
The sad thing about it is that people like him have no clue of what trolling is.   They use the term incorrectly and often.

Intardnet is a useful tool... not like some posting topics here... aheeeeem!  :rolleyes:

Troll a.k.a. Trolls, Trolling, Don't Feed the Trolls, The Dark Tetrad

Online it originally meant the act of posting a message in a newsgroup (and later on a blog) that is obviously exaggerating something on a particular topic, hoping to trick a newbie into posting a follow-up article that points out the mistake. In general, to "troll" means to allure, to fish, to entice, or to bait. Internet trolls are people who fish for other people's confidence and, once found, exploit it.

Trolls vary in nature; here are four types of online trolls:

Playtime Trolls: an individual plays a simple, short game. Such trolls are relatively easy to spot because their attack or provocation is fairly blatant, and the persona is fairly two-dimensional.

Tactical Trolls: This is where the troller takes the game more seriously, creates a credible persona to gain confidence of others, and provokes strife in a subtle and invidious way.

Strategic Trolls: A very serious form of game, involving the production of an overall strategy that can take months or years to develop. It can also involve a number of people acting together in order to invade a list.

Domination Trolls: This is where the trollers' strategy extends to the creation and running of apparently bona-fide mailing lists.

You have probably heard various opinions about how to deal with people who write insulting or provocative remarks on various Internet forums.
The most common is "Don't Feed the Trolls", which says that all the people in the forum should avoid responding to the troll.

Historical perspective: The people who post nasty comments online are likely to have pathological personalities, said a 2014 study from the University of Manitoba. Known as “Internet trolls,” Web users who like to post inflammatory comments, incite arguments, and send insulting tweets are more likely to exhibit Machiavellianism, narcissism, psychopathy, and sadism.

Collectively known as the “Dark Tetrad,” these personality traits were shown to be prevalent through surveys designed to understand what makes trolls tick. Participants were asked about their Internet behavior, including how frequently they posted comments and whether they preferred chatting, making friends, or trolling. Of the 418 people surveyed, 59 percent reported actively commenting, and among those just 5.6 percent admitted to trolling. The trolls gave responses that were strongly associated with the traits in the Dark Tetrad, especially sadism and psychopathy; they were more likely, for example, to agree with the statement “The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt.”

Study author Erin Buckels told Slate.com that the Internet’s anonymity has freed pathological people to act out. “The allure of trolling may be too strong for sadists,” she says, “as they presumably have limited opportunities to express their sadistic interests in a socially desirable manner.”

- See more at: http://www.netlingo.com/word/troll.php#sthash.KgWbNKim.dpuf

X   :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"